What are you cooking in your Instant Pot

Nothing right now, but I did ribs yesterday for lunch.

So it's just an electric pressure cooker?

That's far less exciting than the name implies.

Nothing exciting about it. I think the electronics will help the user not blow the fucking kitchen up because of improper use.

It is a crock pot with a twist. Still new in my kitchen so the jury is out.

You can cook frozen meat in under an hour.

Not into it. I would like to try an air fryer though.

I have a question... well a few!

First call me.. (well in this case) or my husband cheap if you want.

He bought a Crockpot pressure cooker. Not a legit Instant Pot.

Everything we have tried has been from just Okay to what the fuck was the person who posted this thinking!

Is it because we didn’t buy a real Instant Pot? Or does everyone have the same problem and the recipes and the end product just aren’t any good?

Let me know what you all think..

First call me.. (well in this case) or my husband cheap if you want.

He bought a Crockpot pressure cooker. Not a legit Instant Pot.

Everything we have tried has been from just Okay to what the fuck was the person who posted this thinking!

Is it because we didn’t buy a real Instant Pot? Or does everyone have the same problem and the recipes and the end product just aren’t any good?

Let me know what you all think..

Ours is a brand name one and I think it makes rice really well!

It's also a fantastic steamer, as long as you don't overdo it.

It takes up less room in the pantry than a pressure cooker AND a crock pot.

And, it's a timesaver for some one pot meals but a lot of the recipes I've tried tastes like food that mom used to make, boring.

It’s good to know..

Ours is a brand name one and I think it makes rice really well!

It's also a fantastic steamer, as long as you don't overdo it.

It takes up less room in the pantry than a pressure cooker AND a crock pot.

And, it's a timesaver for some one pot meals but a lot of the recipes I've tried tastes like food that mom used to make, boring.

I’ll have try it as a rice cooker. Mardi Gras is coming up and my husband makes an amazing Red Beans and Rice dish..

It’s also good to know I’m not the only person getting bland food out of it.

Title says it all.

I use mine most every day, today its chili last week made Greek yogurt, and also a whole chicken in 40 mins. It can cut cooking time by a third or so and steam veg or slow cook too!...:cattail:

Well a pressure cooker is the same no matter who the manufacturer is the cooking time my be a bit different but not a lot, hard to tell what the problem you are haveing but there's a great Facebook group for pressure cooking were you can post questions, don't give up!...

I’ll have try it as a rice cooker. Mardi Gras is coming up and my husband makes an amazing Red Beans and Rice dish..

It’s also good to know I’m not the only person getting bland food out of it.

What you get out is what you put in, there are no miracles in the kitchen.

(Hey, that rhymes! It wasn't intentional. :D )

Geez luk, didn't you already ask thiz question? Did you really have to drag a 13 year old alt out of mothballs to ask it again? :)

You really have to almost over season to get the flavor. Fast does not allow for the flavors like slow cooking. Make sure you brown your meat, add extra seasonings, build the flavor. Crock pots are a bit easier for sure.

I don't have an instant pot. I might be the only one around here who prefers to put on an apron, pour a glass of wine, turn the music up and spend the night cooking. Even if that means I'll be eating at 8pm.

I prefer low and slow. Take that any way you want.

You can cook frozen meat in under an hour.

Not into it. I would like to try an air fryer though.

Got an air fryer for Xmas. It absolutely is a versatile and useful kitchen appliance. High speed convection oven that makes a crispy outer bark and it rocks. Makes wings in a fraction of the time. I've done steaks, fries, meatballs, garlic bread, chips, melts .... all good.

Meh to the instapot. I'm not a millenial.

Nodding..

You really have to almost over season to get the flavor. Fast does not allow for the flavors like slow cooking. Make sure you brown your meat, add extra seasonings, build the flavor. Crock pots are a bit easier for sure.

I think both my husband and I are guilty of under seasoning...

Its part trying to consume less salt, and part our little ones..

However I will try adding ore spice..

Got an air fryer for Xmas. It absolutely is a versatile and useful kitchen appliance. High speed convection oven that makes a crispy outer bark and it rocks. Makes wings in a fraction of the time. I've done steaks, fries, meatballs, garlic bread, chips, melts .... all good.

Want!

Haha!

I’m pretty far from a millennial...

I have to agree, the air fryer rocks. We have gone through 1 already. We got a low cost one and used it until it died. Then stepped up and got a bigger better one.

My husband has requested a Brave oven for his birthday.

Has anyone tried one?

Back