The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

I do hope your breathing will get better. The chemo that I had for my breast cancer did a number on my bones. There days that I hardly can move, the worst part are my hands, and fingers. My oncologist is not worried that much, she thinks its from the meds I have to take for 5 years to keep the cancer away. Letrozole. But to be on the safe side ( 4 of the 8 chemo's I had can give you bone cancer) I had tests. Results Friday. But just like you, if I have to go the chemo / radiation road again I would do it in a heartbeat. There is healthy living what I have been doing all my life, but it for sure doesn't cure cancer. I wish you well sweetie, and F*** you cancer.
:kiss::kiss::kiss::heart:

Thanks for your words

Good Morning. I have a question, and would love to hear about it.
Are there any ladies on here, they had a double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. And if they had 3D nipples or a tattoo over the scar. Or from guys that are living with there sweet one. I m so not sure what to do. I have been looking online, but its still different than hearing from someone, or a loved one who did it. (if you don't want to post here, please send me a PM)
Thank you.:kiss::rose::heart:
And
F***You Cancer

Last edited:
Good Morning. I have a question, and would love to hear about it.
Are there any ladies on here, they had a double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. And if they had 3D nipples or a tattoo over the scar. Or from guys that are living with there sweet one. I m so not sure what to do. I have been looking online, but its still different than hearing from someone, or a loved one who did it. (if you don't want to post here, please send me a PM)
Thank you.:kiss::rose::heart:
And
F***You Cancer

:rose::rose::rose:

Sorry to be late to the party, but I want to add my voice here. The long-term after-effects of treatment for cancer have damaged my life more than the original disease did, and I think this is not uncommon among survivors. I'm sorry that you are so much more susceptible to infections now. I don't have that particular after-effect, so I can only imagine how terrifying it must be to live with the knowledge of that bodily weakness. My :heart: goes out to you on this.

Thank you so much midwestyankee. I, too, am having more trouble from the side effects than the actual disease.

My new reality is a bit frightening sometimes because the chemo/radiation affected so many organs...better than dying from the cancer...which may have been the alternative I guess. Sending you good wishes as well.

My sister first battled breast cancer and is now clear and has just had a hysterectomy to stop her cervical cancer returning. My admiration for anyone fighting cancer and for those that support anyone going through it. It's a very long and hard road and shows how much strength you all have. Bless you all xx

Sending your sister warm wishes for a speedy and lasting recovery...

Please be one of the supportive ones for her and maybe do something simple (like a phone call or perhaps take-out food) to make her smile. Saying a prayer for her as I write this.

Sorry to hear this.

Cancer is the gift that keeps on giving. Went to a recent breathing test and my results were lower than my test before. The chemo definitely did enough damage to my lungs. I think the worst part is the concern in the doctor's face, the uncertainty of what will happen. My oncologist doesn't seem to be concerned, and doesn't want me to go through more scans since I'm in remission.

The other thing is frustrating is comments from people that haven't experienced cancer. Had a neighbor approach me at a party the other night and she lectures me that if I didn't do chemotherapy, I wouldn't have had these lung issues. She kept preaching natural care (which is fine if you want to go that route), but I wanted to listen to my oncologist on his plan when my % for survival was minimal. I'd still take that route again if I had to, knowing the side effect.

Sorry to hear about your lung damage. I hope it, and you, continue to improve.

To the many friends of cmslt2326 here, permit me to put her post of May 5 in some perspective while, at the same time, trying not to piss her off too much.

Strange as it may seem, there is an upside to her posting that she is trying to incorporate a pain-in-more-than-her-ass new normal into her life.

There were a couple of stretches in the past year when it was far from clear that she would have any normal much longer, she having had one complication after another. Until now, she has chosen not to post anything about the hell she has gone through.

You see, she didn't want anyone to worry about her.

For sure, she is emotionally and physically exhausted--how could she not be?--but--thank fucking goodness!--she is doing considerably better, overall, than a few short months ago. It speaks volumes that she now talks about the future.

Not unlikely, she is working a double shift today. Her doctors know better than to try to dissuade her.

When you've been gone a long time and you catch up via this thread. Tears have been shed.

Fuck you cancer, you fucking shitcunt.

Fuck you cancer! You said I wasn't going to reach my 40th birthday, but here I am. So fuck you!

Fuck you cancer! You said I wasn't going to reach my 40th birthday, but here I am. So fuck you!

smdance.gif

:rose:

Had a cancer check up today, and now I'm realizing the difficulties of being in remission too. My breathing levels have been off, my blood work numbers weren't on point, yet the nurse practitioner said it is too soon to panic. I wasn't satisfied with that answer and had her contact my oncologist and my pulmonary doctor for their thoughts as well. However, they did not want to run a CT scan or a PET scan and now just have to wait it out.

The anxiety of wondering what is causing the tightness in my chest or a random cough is overwhelming at times, hoping that it isn't back.

Had a cancer check up today, and now I'm realizing the difficulties of being in remission too. My breathing levels have been off, my blood work numbers weren't on point, yet the nurse practitioner said it is too soon to panic. I wasn't satisfied with that answer and had her contact my oncologist and my pulmonary doctor for their thoughts as well. However, they did not want to run a CT scan or a PET scan and now just have to wait it out.

The anxiety of wondering what is causing the tightness in my chest or a random cough is overwhelming at times, hoping that it isn't back.

The waiting, the limbo is awful. (((GoAztecs)))

:rose::rose:

Hugs sweetie, I so know the waiting is the worst.
Sometimes I don't get doctors to do the tests. Even its nothing its for your relief and peace of mind.

F***youCancer
:kiss::heart::kiss:

It has a way of taking over your life.... :mad:

(((hug)))

ps: Fuck you cancer....

Doctors sure don't take on our crisis as their own...it is always, hurry up and wait! Hang in there!

OK so here is my tale. About a year ago I had problems with being able to get up out of bed in the morning that progressed into tired and body aches all the time. Doctors tested me for a million autoimmune diseases, thyroid issues and tons of other stuff and found nothing...gave me anti-inflammatory meds and forgot about me. In January I had an issue with feeling like someone had a hand on my throat and was pressing (which for me is a fun time when there is actually a dominant attached to it). Doctor first thought allergic reaction or autoimmune. Nothing was making it better so finally an ultrasound. Nodules on thyroid was the outcome...a lot of them in different sizes and some were solid. I started to become nervous when they didn't want to biopsy any of them and they just wanted my thyroid removed.
Well three weeks ago today my thyroid was removed and two weeks ago today I was told I had cancer. They feel that for now everything is ok but I need to be watched carefully to make sure it doesn't find a home someplace else in my body. Still numb at the thought of not even really knowing anything was wrong and then finding out just how wrong things were. Healing up well and my body seems to be figuring out how to live without my diseased thyroid. I just want to say one thing. Please don't just sit back if you feel something is wrong because the docs make you believe all is well. My thyroid blood test results never showed abnormal and obviously these things had been there for a while. I cant imagine what would have been if I had ignored what I was feeling. :rose:

Denny

Off and on I've been following this thread. Nearly 20 years ago I had a mole on my fourhead removed. It was melanoma cancer. So they had to go deeper, using skin from my upper leg for the patch. I ended up with a recessed area that looks like someone smashed a beer bottle against my head. When asked I say yes, but you should see the other guy.

I never expected to have cancer anywhere else. But I was having problems keeping an erection. After some heart trouble and both my wife and I using a walker, our kids decided we needed to leave Florida and come home.

Sure, I've told this story over and over. What none of the doctors in Florida did was check for prostate cancer. A simple blood sample, which many had been taken in the past. Yet there were no tests for prostate cancer.
Here in Illinois my new doctor sent me to a urologist with big fingers. Blood tests and hands on touchy feely showed advanced prostate cancer.

Scared the hell out of me and my family. I'm a dirty old man. I've lived long enough. I decided I'd live with prostate cancer like a half dozen of my friends have been doing for years.

I'm a big baby and afraid of pain. Still I felt I'm needed because my wife has short term dementia. Our kids are great. But they all told me when I die mom's going in a home. So I had the test and samples.

After saying no repeatedly I agreed to get 45 radiation treatments. Absolutely painless, very friendly and understanding doctors and nurses. The treatments were five weekdays until finished. It went unbelievably fast. The sad part is there are three hospitals in that town that do 20 to 25 of these treatments every weekday. Imagine how many men have prostate cancer and don't get treated.

The only negative part is I won't return until June 30 for tests. I have no idea whether it helped or not. But everyone there said it will be cured.

I'm writing this and repeating it for one reason. If you are a male over 50 years old please have the blood sample taken and be tested.

My brother is two years younger. More than ten years ago he nearly died of prostate cancer. He had his prostate and bladder removed because this method wasn't used then. He said the surgery and chemo nearly killed him.

Sorry I went on and on but I've just finished my treatments and was amazed how easy the cure now is. On a lighter side, the doctors told us possibly shots or an implant might give this dirty old man erections again.

FUCK you cancer!

Last edited:
Back