Whats really going on here....

This, among other things. Politics belong on the political board. I hate having to wade through all that to try to find something interesting to read. It's not worth the effort.
You want the political threads gone? THOSE are the tedious, uninteresting threads in your opinion? :)

Last edited:
Each to his own.

We need fewer idiots like Disgustipated et al stalking and mocking intelligent and valuable political posters.

How many good political posters decided to leave the board because of the stalking and political conflicts? Quite a few.
The board is getting dumbed down, and as a result fewer good posters are posting.

I've been here over a decade, I highly doubt *I'm* the problem.

I've been here over a decade, I highly doubt *I'm* the problem.
You and RobDownSouth stalk and harass good political posters on a daily basis, with the intent of running them off the board.

Just because they have conservative / "R-wing" views (aka "racists" or bigotted or whatever you call them) or because of some long-term personal animosities between you all.

But you're both misguided.
The board needs conservative posters, no matter how evil or bigotted you perceive them to be.
If you chase them all away and create the GB liberal utopia that you two are dreaming of, there will be no challenge, no opportunity for people to bounce ideas off each other.

You and RobDownSouth stalk and harass good political posters on a daily basis, with the intent of running them off the board.

Just because they have conservative "R-wing" views (aka are "racists") or because of some long-term animosities between you all.

But you're both misguided.
The board needs conservative posters, no matter how evil or bigotted you perceive them to be.
If you chase them all away and create the GB liberal utopia that you two are dreaming of, there will be no challenge, no opportunity for people to bounce ideas off each other.

Good for you.

I don't care if, according to you and Rob, your targets are "scum" or whatever.
I and other posters don't care about people's "character" or about the board history. If they are good posters and keep the thread rolling and we learn from them (which is the case) , that's all that matters to us.

But you and Rob unilaterally decided that "X orY have to be chased off the board".
I'm certain that your chronic stalking and vile attacks (under your usernames or attack alts) and constant derailment of threads are among the main reasons that so many good political posters left after only a couple of months.

I don't care if, according to you and Rob, your targets are "scum" or whatever.
I and other posters don't care about people's "character" or about the board history. If they are good posters and keep the thread rolling and we learn from them (which is the case) , that's all that matters to us.

But you and Rob unilaterally decided that "X orY have to be chased off the board".
I'm certain that your chronic stalking and vile attacks (under your usernames or attack alts) and constant derailment of threads are among the main reasons that so many good political posters left after only a couple of months.

You don't care that your version of a good poster is someone else's nightmare on here but you want other posters to change their styles or leave, because they're you're version of nightmares.

And yet you won't admit to being a raging hypocrite at all, no matter how many times this is pointed out to you.

You don't care that your version of a good poster is someone else's nightmare on here but you want other posters to change their styles or leave, because they're you're version of nightmares.

And yet you won't admit to being a raging hypocrite at all, no matter how many times this is pointed out to you.

His idol worship runs deep.

Seriously, there are about 4 posters I dislike out of hundreds of thousands. Not my fault he's one of them.

Im going to Cedar Pointe with my girlfriend in a couple weeks to ride roller coasters.

Nothing really. I think I've been pretty boring and nice here the last long while but not helping create anything enormously cool or fun here.

Oh we are going to a big Renaissance festival later this year and I'm probably going to wear some appropriate outfit or clothing. She has a dress and outfit she is wearing and I've never done that. We did go before but not dressed for the occasion and you might dig that.

Ill probably be a pirate or some sort of simple something.

Cedar Point sounds, I haven't been there in decades.
Also haven't been to a Ren Fest in a few years, but lots of my friends are Rennies or former Rennies. I have never gone in costume to one though, that sounds fun.

Because people don't let old beefs go and will drag them into a unrelated thread. I no longer remember who I am supposed to hate, not sure how so many people are able to keep track of who pissed them off 8 years ago.

There is only one person I am supposed to avoid because I promised and it's not hard to keep as I rarely run into them anyway.

If I find someone being exceedingly unpleasant I put them on ignore for awhile, but I don't keep track of such things either.

What do you want the rest of us to do, if you chase them away?

Read what size of asshooks Emerson and his wife use?

I'm certain that plenty of posters would rather have a "nasty" yet highly intelligent board, as opposed to a dumb one.

Because if those "racists" are gone, there will be a trickle down effect, and other good posters will become bored with the lack of chalenge, and will stop posting too.

Last edited:
message boards are built to die. besides, with places like reddit out there with it's seemingly endless array of subreddits for nearly any imaginable taste and facebook, twitter and the rest there's just far too many options for time wasting on the internet these days.

Why won't anyone post here anymore.

Is there something more to the old it's mean and negative all the time? There has to be more than that.

There is certainly the old summer lull happening but this is different.

That being said is there anything we can do to improve the board? Garage sale? Spring Cleaning?

Maybe some advertising or networking to try to bring in some new people?

I know this is a take off of the same old this place sucks right now deal but Im trying to put a new spin on it and see what we can do to improve this place.

Theres 100 people viewing half the time and five people posting.

What the hell?

The GB was always a place where new people had to prove themselves, but it was not necessarily unwelcoming. It was more or less a form of hazing so the established posters could see what the noobs were made of; the tough ones stayed, the rest found other boards. These days, it's just not very welcoming, period. As pointless pointed out, there are just too many alternatives out there where new folks don't have to put up with bullshit to be an accepted member of the community.

The GB is dying, dying a slow, hateful, nasty death, and we have no one to blame but the person we see in the mirror each morning.

Perhaps we should all agree to post a new thread each day for a weekend. A few of them are bound to take off.

And I agree about not bringing in other arguments to new threads. I am guilty myself, though I honestly do try.

Look at you - the voice of reason. It's so cute!!!

Tell me more about this peace and harmony and no past drama? (Curls up with blanket and cup of tea).

...message boards are built to die.

'99/'00 Was the first time I heard that claim being made in an almost believable manner. I haven't heard it anymore in last 2 or 3 years I think. That probably because the majority of the internet population doesn't know the term though.

The format will change, has changed but it's still the same. No matter whether FB groups, subreddits, G+ (people actually still use that!), ... All bulletin boards.

vB is just one of still very (formerly/still) popular platforms with a rigid and absolutely outdated structure. Many platforms mainly stuck on it because of the vast amount of content in the archives.

But it's all still bulletin boards. Everything is 'living down the feed' and if a thread doesn't receive any answers... it gets forgotten because not on the front page anymore.

New platforms, same crap... what's in a name. The only name which truly matters - because the backbone of everything - is community.

PS: New forum software is still being created, with the interesting detail that most platforms don't focus on forums anymore [for their navigation/in semantics]. It's usually tags now with 'New Posts' as the main landing page more often than not. Not the forum index anymore.

The GB is dying, dying a slow, hateful, nasty death, and we have no one to blame but the person we see in the mirror each morning.

No, it's not. Unless it started long before I got here (as old-timers have said) and I'm just blind to it.

Some people move on, others don't. It's really that fucking simple.

Quit trying to make it rocket science.

Tell me more about this peace and harmony and no past drama? (Curls up with blanket and cup of tea).

He reminds me of Perg. Not that you would know Perg. Just imagine a slightly more interesting American version of Des.

* That's actually a compliment Des so do not get your panties in a wad....

If we could get and keep and few more of you, and Des, and elle, and jezzi, and wings, and damnit I suck at lists, but you get the idea, the board would be MUCH more interesting.

Election years have typically been the bane of the General Board, as the same five posters (Ishmael, 4est_4est_Gump, Miles, Busybody and Eyer) routinely flood the front page on an almost daily (sometimes hourly) basis with their Political Outrage du Jour.

No, it's not. Unless it started long before I got here (as old-timers have said) and I'm just blind to it.

Some people move on, others don't. It's really that fucking simple.

Quit trying to make it rocket science.

Why don't you help out and stop your stupid trolling for a month?

Today you managed to kill Another thread that I was interested in, by a poster whose posts I enjoy reading.
And I suspect that you and your attack alt will start trolling her again and she'll get exasperated and stop posting.

And the nerve that you have, to insult a poster who's obviously highly educated and intelligent, by calling her all those idiotic things…

If we could get and keep and few more of you, and Des, and elle, and jezzi, and wings, and damnit I suck at lists, but you get the idea, the board would be MUCH more interesting.

If you're trying to get me to participate in this "Femdom" thing someone messaged me about earlier ;)

And thanks - that's not a bad list to be on.

Back