Whats really going on here....

Killswitch1

Why won't anyone post here anymore.

Is there something more to the old it's mean and negative all the time? There has to be more than that.

There is certainly the old summer lull happening but this is different.

That being said is there anything we can do to improve the board? Garage sale? Spring Cleaning?

Maybe some advertising or networking to try to bring in some new people?

I know this is a take off of the same old this place sucks right now deal but Im trying to put a new spin on it and see what we can do to improve this place.

Theres 100 people viewing half the time and five people posting.

What the hell?

Hash and Eyer sucked all the fun out of the place. Cunts. Thrope too, but he's Faux Drown at the mo and has piped down a bit.

It didn't help when miles packed up all his warmth, wit, and charm and just left us high and dry.

New blood is viciously attacked for various reasons. Peeps do it, yet complain out the other side of their mouth how boring threads/people have become.

I've taken a way step back because of the constant trolling. It's boring. Tedious to read. Nothing new revealed. It just all becomes meh. Jezzilee's sundress was nice!

Hash and Eyer sucked all the fun out of the place. Cunts. Thrope too, but he's Faux Drown at the mo and has piped down a bit.

See I never followed any of that if you didn't notice. I never posted in any threads about any of that either so in essence I missed all of it which is fine by me.

Maybe now that some of the dust has settled and our supply of nozzles is at low ebb some of you can start some fun threads and IDK.

Sortof take this place back a bit?

I know Im not Mr. Positive or Mr. Helpful but Ive been here a long time and would like to see the place in better shape.

Even Miles leaving left it unbalanced I hate to say.

Each to his own.

We need fewer idiots like Disgustipated et al stalking and mocking intelligent and valuable political posters.

How many good political posters decided to leave the board because of the stalking and political conflicts? Quite a few.
The board is getting dumbed down, and as a result fewer good posters are posting.

July is my hardest months, my happiest and my saddest all at the same time, all rolled into one.

Now it's August so it should be less of a roller coaster.

So Killswitch, what have you done that is new in different recently? Online or in RL?:)

I noticed the same thing. There haven't been shit for threads lately.

I'm not speaking about myself, because anybody can see that my threads/ posts aren't great.

But eyer and ms_Ann? Are you kidding me?
Leaving the GB dynamics aside (who cares about that?), they are/were good/witty posters and thread starters. In politics and religion, at least eyer knows his shit.

July is my hardest months, my happiest and my saddest all at the same time, all rolled into one.

Now it's August so it should be less of a roller coaster.

So Killswitch, what have you done that is new in different recently? Online or in RL?:)

Im going to Cedar Pointe with my girlfriend in a couple weeks to ride roller coasters.

Nothing really. I think I've been pretty boring and nice here the last long while but not helping create anything enormously cool or fun here.

Oh we are going to a big Renaissance festival later this year and I'm probably going to wear some appropriate outfit or clothing. She has a dress and outfit she is wearing and I've never done that. We did go before but not dressed for the occasion and you might dig that.

Ill probably be a pirate or some sort of simple something.

Noor has good ideas about some good threads I think. She was also suggesting, if I recall correctly, using the threads that aren't about the rubbish. I have made contributions to things like the classical music thread, and I keep meaning to spend time going through the architecture thread. ( thing is I am aware it's no point discussing old posted stuff, and no point reposting stuff discussed already through lack of back reading).

I don't think anything CAN or perhaps should be done about the attitude of others. I think it's sad when disputes between individuals become very disruptive to seemingly everything read....the fueds. I have no interest in them . Others Thrive on them: thus the variety might well be necessary.

We have gems. You, Noor, Ferminas witty and wanting to be let out of the barn I think....many others too.

We have what it takes is the point.

Get off yer asses. Our.

Because people don't let old beefs go and will drag them into a unrelated thread. I no longer remember who I am supposed to hate, not sure how so many people are able to keep track of who pissed them off 8 years ago.

Can I make an observation?

Does that Fave Incest thread have to be on here? Really.

I've always wondered why it's here and if it spooks nicer folks away.

Because people don't let old beefs go and will drag them into a unrelated thread. I no longer remember who I am supposed to hate, not sure how so many people are able to keep track of who pissed them off 8 years ago.

Some people do.

Um, of I post any more than I do there would have to be an Elle board or sub board at least.

There are LOTS of great and /or interesting people here. If it's gems, there is a jewellery shop full.

Well there is 80 people waiting for you to post your knickers and jewels.

:cool:

Killswitch, do you believe that this board, and particularly the women who post here, exists solely to entertain you?

I actually started a good thread -I know Fata, what a shocker :)-
but only 3 people posted in it, and it died after a few hours… :(

This, among other things. Politics belong on the political board. I hate having to wade through all that to try to find something interesting to read. It's not worth the effort.

Back