I'm so old that ....

dearc

Literotica Guru
How much has changed since you joined Lit. Here is one example:

I'm so old that I remember when fame was a result of talent.

... I remember when there were only two of us. And that damn snake.

Then all the assholes came along and ruined the world with their made up bullshit about us and some 'creator' crap.

Red 7 up cans? Shoot.....I'm so old I remember when the huge controversy was when Coke out of machines went up from 5 cents to 6 cents and some places raised such a stink, they put it back to a nickel.

I peek into "I'm so old threads" just to offer the posters a towel to dry behind their ears.

Denny & Dollie

We're so old we can't remember what we were going to write here!:D

Transistors were new when I was born. Cars didn't have tape decks or air conditioning. Gasoline and cigarettes were both under twenty cents. Women wore hats and gloves. McDonald's didn't exist. Schools, pools, restrooms, and drinking fountains were racially segregated. We hadn't yet learned to hide from A-bombs under school desks. We all stunk.

More important, we all walked a lot. No huge shopping malls; we walked downtowns. And those downtowns weren't filled with franchise clones. Many individual shops with unique owners, often grumpy. No credit cards, no home deliveries; cash-n-carry. (You pay cash and you carry it away.) Local radio stations played quirky musics. Local dialects sounded. USA was not homogenized.

Guess what? For all the current shit, life *IS* better now. There are no good old days.

Denny

I'm so old that I helped Moses carry the Ten Commandments.
Denny------- I'm so old there were only eight back then.
There were no transister radios.
TV wasn't popular until the mid 50's when Grandparents had a black and white with a 50' antenna tower and cars passing made it go off channel.
Gay meant happy and we didn't know about queers.
Most women wore dresses and heels.
There were very few obese people, as Hypoxia wrote, people walked, did yard work, had PE at school and recess.

Our first fast food place was Sandy's Drive In on the main highway in the 50's.

These were seen on the roads and kids drove real hotrods.

Attachments

• 1949_mercury_woodypresidential2-door_wagon.jpg
    1949_mercury_woodypresidential2-door_wagon.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Kids with Model A.jpg
    Kids with Model A.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
I remember my father telling me "I want my change" as he handed me a $1 bill at McDonalds

I'm constantly asking, "Am I old?" I'm 33. I don't really feel old, but my back does.

I hope I was the last generation raised on fear. I grew up thinking that casual drinking would turn me into an alcoholic, sex would give me AIDS no matter what precautions I took, marriage would lead to divorce and getting fucked over in court, and that I would get lynched if anyone found out my parents were LGBT. It's taken me a long time to get over that shit and I don't want my son raised on it.

But on a more lighthearted note...

I remember getting booted off the dial-up because my brother wouldn't get off the phone with his idiot girlfriend.

I remember never needing a cell phone and hardly having a use for my first phone. I was 21. Now my wife yells at me for being on my phone a lot.

I remember paying 79.9 cents a gallon for gas the first summer I could drive. Then it shot up that winter because of fucking OPEC.

I remember using KaZaA to download music. And my downloads being full of people's AIM noises. I also remember using KaZaA to download...umm, other stuff.

I think I've been on Lit for over six years, 2+ on this name. That time has been spent mostly with my head down in law school trying to survive, so the world changed around me and I kind of thought, "Yeah, OK...wait, why the fuck does this cost so fucking much?"

Dude, everybody knocked Mary up. She was selling it for a Shekel a pop and the lamb intestine 'protection' didn't work too well. She was popping disciples out like a Pez dispenser. That shed/manger thing was her main hangout, since there weren't any lamp posts.

Denny

My brother's GF was named Mary. She introduced me to my future wife. Mary had the biggest stinkiest pussy I ever saw or smelled!
Mary was skinny with nice tits. Last we saw her she'd had three cute little girls and grew up fat and ugly.
I still wonder if Mary's pussy smells. I'm sure it's even bigger now.

I worked part time at the Clark station. 100 octaine gas was 34.9 before a gas war.
With that we got double stamps on certain days and a glass glass to drink out of for every ten gallons.
Windows were washed, tires checked, oil and radiator always checked.

Last edited:
I miss the days that all it took to watch TV, was to buy a cheap TV and just plug it in!

I remember a time before every lazy kid had ADD. I remember getting slapped in the back of the head and told to pay attention....and it worked.

I miss the days that all it took to watch TV, was to buy a cheap TV and just plug it in!
Walk to the nearest home improvement store and buy a digital antenna and hang it on the wall next to your cheap modern TV. Cost around $35 for at least A DOZEN CHANNELS IN MOST PLACES.
It's about the size of a car CB radio.

Dude, everybody knocked Mary up. She was selling it for a Shekel a pop and the lamb intestine 'protection' didn't work too well. She was popping disciples out like a Pez dispenser. That shed/manger thing was her main hangout, since there weren't any lamp posts.

I tell my wife all the time-and it pisses her off-Mary was the smartest con artist in the world.

She got knocked up at a time when women could get stoned to death for adultery so she said..."This baby is from God!" and they believed her. :eek:

Some day we will find out Jesus's father was a spice merchant.

Well...I was born BEFORE the Space Age... Before the Space Age I was!:D

So one hell of a lot of shit has changed every Decade!

Back