Just before I go

Once again inserting yourself into other people's conversations.

But I don't blame you. If you waited for someone to invite you into one you would never post.

But while you're here you may as well grab the popcorn and watch the pack prove me right. The more protesting the more right I look.

Now they even got their wives involved:rolleyes:

I'm not a disinterested party to this, even though this is more about you, PL, and Shrilly than about me. It even goes with Mordikai's complaints, so it's in keeping with the thread.

I don't for a nanosecond doubt that voting blocks exist on Literotica--not just voting the block members' stories up, but, because of their capability and the mentality they exhibit on the forum, gang bang voting the stories of others down. And I don't doubt for a nanosecond that you, PL, Shrilly (and others) were/are members of such a voting block. You introduced the idea and PL pinned it right back on you.

Most of the time when it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Only the highly gullible and members of the voting block can't (or choose not to) clearly see what's what here.

Just because I'm not in the center of this little mess doesn't mean it hasn't been used against me in the story file and on the forum. I didn't even bring it out into the open. You did.

Once again inserting yourself into other people's conversations.

But I don't blame you. If you waited for someone to invite you into one you would never post.

But while you're here you may as well grab the popcorn and watch the pack prove me right. The more protesting the more right I look.

Now they even got their wives involved:rolleyes:

Listen, I may not write short stories on Lit but I do write poetry on here. So do I not get to have a say on what others think and say about my friends? Or am I left out because I am a "poet" and not a "writer" or am I left out just because I am someone's wife?

You are saying that there is a clique of people (CHEERLEADERS and/or FAN BASE) that go in and vote for someone's story and then that story wins the contest or whatever.. BUT on the other hand, what about that group of people (TROLLS and/or ALTS) that go in and vote on stories and gives them all 1's and drops a GOOD story out of a contest.

The writers, whether they are in a clique or not, still have a right to vote on stories however they feel. If they want to vote on someone's story, that they like, and they just happen to be a friend? THAT is their right as a reader. Some writers have a fan base - that fan base goes in and doesn't even read a story a lot of the times, because of the length of the story and just automatically give it a 5. That story could be a 3 or a 2 in someone else's eyes.

Given the fan base that someone like you has, LC, complaining about someone else's cheerleaders, is a pot calling the kettle black.

I am not writing this because of my husband. I have a friend that got hurt because of words that have been said and that is who I am writing this for.. THAT is why I got involved.

** Passes Pilot some popcorn ** :D If you want extra butter with that, get up and get it yourself.

The issue, of course, is that they are voting for and against people, not the specific stories--and voting both up and down as a block. Given this, the voting system should just be scrapped as a gauge to anything related to story quality. Also, as pointed out, when this is done for contests, it's being done for money. Again, on that basis, the monetary reward aspect should just be dropped.

And even beyond that, these same voting block people come on the forum and trumpet each other's great ratings and denigrate the rating of those they have block voted down.

Can they possible be more deceptive and sleazy than this? I think not.

Last edited:
The issue, of course, is that they are voting for people, not the specific stories--and voting both up and down as a block. Given this, the voting system should just be scrapped as a gauge to anything related to story quality. Also, as pointed out, when this is done for contests, it's being done for money. Again, on that basis, the monetary reward aspect should just be dropped.

And even beyond that, these same voting block people come on the forum and trumpet each other's great ratings and denigrate the rating of those they have block voted down.

Can they possible be more deceptive and sleazy than this? I think not.

Paranoia is one of the first signs of dementia, Pilot. Go get yourself checked while there's still time.

I wish Laurel could throw a switch and we could all see the voting history on stories by username and/or IP address, and connect the two. You'd have shit smeared all over your face. And me? None. I don't have alts, and I don't play those games.

For the record, the only time I've ever been on a page with one of your stories was during a FAWC, and, if you recall, I thought it was pretty good. Truthfully, I thought pl had written it. Other than that, I've never been there. One thing LC had right...I won't even give you the courtesy of a view.

Spouting your bullshit doesn't make it true; it just makes you look like the ass we all know you are.

As for the money in contests...please. A conspiracy to win $150? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If I ever win, I'll ask Laurel to donate the money to charity. If you're that worried about a couple hundred bucks, you must have done a piss poor job of planing for retirement.

Your believability on anything you post to/about me, Shrilly, was shattered a long time ago.

You continue to try to make this little mess about me, but you're feet first in this revelation of Lit. games, and I'm not, so good luck with that. You and yours have been caught with your pants down--through your own postings. :rolleyes:

The more you rationalize and grouse and backpedal, the deeper you dig yourself into the shit. Works for me. :D

Maybe it's time for you to throw in a LazyAssReader post again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mordikai:

You've only been a member of Lit for a few months. There was the suggestion posted above about sticking it out and giving yourself more time to develop a following. I second that.

And I'll add another suggestion: don't write for the votes, the views, the scores, or the contests (although, writing for the contests is a good way to get noticed). Just do it because you love it. Forget the cliques, whether real or imagined (and I'm sure most are imagined as a way of assuaging wounded egos). Are they the ones you're trying to impress? I sure as hell hope not.

I went through his list of stories and the comments. His scores are in the low 4's, and the comments on all his stories are very complimentary, often with constructive criticism. [NC commenters seem to be a lot more polite than LW commenters]. I can't figure out what he's actually complaining about.

He sure stirred up some shit, though, and maybe that was the really the purpose. I can't imagine why voter cliques would be a big concern for a member who has only been on the site for 3 months.

The internet forum world is an amazing place for those of us who grew up with pay phones, manual typewriters and hot type.

rj

II can't imagine why voter cliques would be a big concern for a member who has only been on the site for 3 months.

Why wouldn't voter blocks be a concern for someone putting stories on the Web site no matter how long they'd done so?

I think it's more necessary to separate writing development from the obviously flawed rating system here. Mordikai's real disconnect probably is in what I and others have pointed to--wrong expectations.

Apparently I have to delete my forum posts for them to disappear.
How could I possibly delete this delightful thread which according to one or two sweet posters I started to get this response.

Any chance there was of me changing my mind went with the pathetic puerile take over of this thread.

I really don't think I have ever encountered so many cunts in so small a space.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right, you can't delete the thread yourself, and if you want your posts deleting, you'll have to erase their contents individually. The post place marker would remain.

I think that before the shooting started and even during it you got the responses you deserved to get--and no one was obligated to try to help you at all. And I think these are the same responses you would/will get at other story Web sites. Best of luck to you, though.

Last edited:
Mordikai

I am also semi-new to the site, having posted stories for a little over 2 years. I took the time to read your stories and think they would have gotten a better reception including more feedback if they were posted in a different category; probably Non-human.

I also recommend a little blurb at the top that states something along the lines - I am new to writing, and all constructive feedback is welcome.

Have to admit I had a blast reading all the other posts.

Seems to me you had a bad relationship with the site because you came in with too many expectations and too thin a skin. Anyone who bases their self-image as a writer on scores and comments from an anonymous internet site like this is bound to end up disappointed.

Sometimes you just have to say "Fuck it!" and continue motoring despite the haters you perceive around you. If you get discouraged and stop writing, the terrorists win.
my feelings exactly. There is only one thing on earth I can change, myself.

I wrote a story for the April Fool contest. In that story I sought to intentionally lampoon as many Literotica categories or subcategories as I could, knowing how seriously some folks take their "categories". I warned myself that few readers would be able to discern the satire, even if I advertised it in advance. Of all the readers who responded, basically only one even noticed the actual satire. Almost everyone else was appropriately offended. It has the lowest ratings of any story or poem I have written. I guess I was a success.

The point is: I know why I write my stories. Do you know why you write yours?

It's true that marking it as satire in both the description and a proslug should have been enough to convey that it was meant as satire (should have been keyworded as satire as well), but part of the problem here is that there's only one GM category, not the twenty some that straight stories get. So there's no further breakdown for GM stories by category as there is for straight ones--and many readers don't seem to realize/understand this.

All satires suffer a bit on Literotica, though, because a big slice of the readership doesn't know what satire is. When I post satires, I inevitably get the "I didn't think this was funny" comment. Well, no, satire and humor aren't synonymous.

I think your ratings might be lower than they could have been because you listed me as an editor without my permission, and anything with my name on it gets extra negative attention here. That's one reason--but only one--that I have periodically mentioned on the Editor forum that I don't give permission for my name to be identified as editor. I also don't do this because I don't have the story last--the author could submit anything they want, with or without my edits being accepted.

Last edited:
I m sorry that I missed your request not to be identified. I am a bit paranoid about giving others their due ever since I was reamed for not crediting another author I co-wrote with after he had disavowed the entire process , telling me he didn't care what i did.

Apparently I have to delete my forum posts for them to disappear.
How could I possibly delete this delightful thread which according to one or two sweet posters I started to get this response.

Any chance there was of me changing my mind went with the pathetic puerile take over of this thread.

I really don't think I have ever encountered so many cunts in so small a space.

THIS is all you're taking away from this thread? Have you never posted on an Internet bulletin board forum before?

In the case that you haven't, let me just give you a little wake-up call: Internet forum boards are full of opinions, insults, randomly vitriolic displays and petty arguments. You can't escape that. Hell, you even see it in the comments sections of just about every YouTube video that dares to express an opinion.

In the case that you have, all I can say is, "be careful what you wish for." You wanted opinions, and you got them. Sure, there was some petty BS flying back and forth, but the gist of the advice given to you was to stick it out and get used to the shark-infested waters.

The nature of your original post, and subsequent replies, has me wondering: What were you looking for? The praise of readers, or the praise of other writers? Did you think you would make some sort of titanic splash in the sea of Literotica? Did you think you would come waltzing in with the radiance of the sun? Is your ego so fragile that you can't accept any amount of detraction, no matter the source?

Seriously, if you can't abide the sharks on a free-post erotic story site like this, then you don't have the backbone to post anywhere else.

Come back when you've grown a thicker skin.

Last edited:
If you want to show him what the rest of the internet looks like, send him over to the General Board for a few hours.

If you want to show him what the rest of the internet looks like, send him over to the General Board for a few hours.

Everybody calls out the GB and for good reason, but I was ghosting around the Playground a little bit

No better.

If there was one thing on lit I could find the real answer to it would be to know how many "hot female posters" are men. :eek:

THIS is all you're taking away from this thread? Have you never posted on an Internet bulletin board forum before?

In the case that you haven't, let me just give you a little wake-up call: Internet forum boards are full of opinions, insults, randomly vitriolic displays and petty arguments. You can't escape that. Hell, you even see it in the comments sections of just about every YouTube video that dares to express an opinion.

And as this thread ended up proving friendships are fleeting and one slight leads to another.

This thread turned out to be a very sad ending for several people I know here.

This thread turned out to be a very sad ending for several people I know here.

This is the Internet. Doubt there is any ending, sad or otherwise. They'll all bounce back within a week, pretending none of it happened--and getting away with it.

Listen, I may not write short stories on Lit but I do write poetry on here. So do I not get to have a say on what others think and say about my friends? Or am I left out because I am a "poet" and not a "writer" or am I left out just because I am someone's wife?

You are saying that there is a clique of people (CHEERLEADERS and/or FAN BASE) that go in and vote for someone's story and then that story wins the contest or whatever.. BUT on the other hand, what about that group of people (TROLLS and/or ALTS) that go in and vote on stories and gives them all 1's and drops a GOOD story out of a contest.

The writers, whether they are in a clique or not, still have a right to vote on stories however they feel. If they want to vote on someone's story, that they like, and they just happen to be a friend? THAT is their right as a reader. Some writers have a fan base - that fan base goes in and doesn't even read a story a lot of the times, because of the length of the story and just automatically give it a 5. That story could be a 3 or a 2 in someone else's eyes.

Given the fan base that someone like you has, LC, complaining about someone else's cheerleaders, is a pot calling the kettle black.

I am not writing this because of my husband. I have a friend that got hurt because of words that have been said and that is who I am writing this for.. THAT is why I got involved.

** Passes Pilot some popcorn ** :D If you want extra butter with that, get up and get it yourself.
Excuse me, did I get it right? You are saying it is okay for a group of readers to get together to boost or trash someone's story(ies), to act as a voting bloc, because it is their right as voters? If that is what you believe, you have a problem with your value system. If you cannot see the difference between those of us who have the good faith to put our stories out there hoping to reach others with our writing and those who know they will receive more readers and better marks BEFORE the write the story then I guess you were unduly influenced by high school cliques.

Aw, you should be a little more understanding.

If they don't vote and comment on each other's stories, who would? Makes them feel like someone's actually reading their work on lit. Contests? Good choice. Someone, somewhere's guaranteed to look at it.

I'm not sure I understand the last one...stars submissions disappear? Does that mean when voting is screwed up and you can't click the stars?

I have to say I agree with all of the OP's reasons they are all very real.

Especially the cliques voting stories up. The last contest winner? They are part of a group of about 18 lit authors who formed their own private chat room and part of what they do is go and vote 5's on all each others stories.

Now on an everyday story I still think that's a bit cheap, but what's the big deal?

But in a contest with a cash prize? Its pretty much cheating. Considering the winning story won with maybe 75 votes at the time, getting 18 free 5's makes a huge difference.

In fact since that group was formed three of its members have placed in the last four contests.

But aside from that....all of the reasons are sources of frustration we all deal with. If I had to pick one I think the "stories that shouldn't be posted here, but are would be my biggest peeve.

The rules are jokes here and they tie into "not the same applies for everyone" because some get through some don't, but I don't think that is personal favortism as much as a half ass screening process.

But its a free site and we get to post our work here and there's a lot of good to go with the bad so I play ignorance is bliss and take the good.

I used to get pissed about some of it, but it is what it is, but its why I will never put what I feel is a "very good" story into a contest anymore. I'd rather see it get treated fairly as a regular story than have the trolls and the "super secret sweep" play hell with it.

And the little club I mentioned earlier is the other reason.

As for deleting your stories, as Pilot says you either have to do each manually or send a request to laurel through PM

Good luck to you.

Good idea. I for one have greatly enjoyed this thread, which is after all on a public forum. And it's still open, so hey

Secret clique? Hardly. Not for anyone who knows how to use a favorites tab, duh.

I for one can't wait for the next contest--otherwise known now as "Exhibitionist Group Sex". All those writerly passions roiling and boiling in secret at last spilled out for the rest of lit to see! The tension and trauma of the craft at last put on display! Can't wait to see who'll be gyratin' on a pole this time. Maybe a secret bj?

Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post

I'm not sure I understand the last one...stars submissions disappear? Does that mean when voting is screwed up and you can't click the stars?

I have to say I agree with all of the OP's reasons they are all very real.

Especially the cliques voting stories up. The last contest winner? They are part of a group of about 18 lit authors who formed their own private chat room and part of what they do is go and vote 5's on all each others stories.

Now on an everyday story I still think that's a bit cheap, but what's the big deal?

But in a contest with a cash prize? Its pretty much cheating. Considering the winning story won with maybe 75 votes at the time, getting 18 free 5's makes a huge difference.

In fact since that group was formed three of its members have placed in the last four contests.

But aside from that....all of the reasons are sources of frustration we all deal with. If I had to pick one I think the "stories that shouldn't be posted here, but are would be my biggest peeve.

The rules are jokes here and they tie into "not the same applies for everyone" because some get through some don't, but I don't think that is personal favortism as much as a half ass screening process.

But its a free site and we get to post our work here and there's a lot of good to go with the bad so I play ignorance is bliss and take the good.

I used to get pissed about some of it, but it is what it is, but its why I will never put what I feel is a "very good" story into a contest anymore. I'd rather see it get treated fairly as a regular story than have the trolls and the "super secret sweep" play hell with it.

And the little club I mentioned earlier is the other reason.

As for deleting your stories, as Pilot says you either have to do each manually or send a request to laurel through PM

Good luck to you.

Just for historical purposes, let's preserve this little exchange so that the originals don't mysteriously disappear. :D

We can come back to this when anyone wants to discuss whether there are voting blocks on Literotica. ;)

Last edited:
Secret clique? Hardly. Not for anyone who knows how to use a favorites tab, duh.

Not sure what voting blocs and cheering clubs among author forum posters have to do with single-reader use of the favorites tab.

Later: Ah, yes, I see it now. All one has to do is cross check favorite lists and you see the pattern. Not many surprises there, and, putting it together with forum postings, you can see how the false world of perspective is created and maintained.

Last edited:
Ever since Lt went politically correct because an author started a thread whining about how horrible it was to keep seeing their stories faved and uinfaved(The horror:rolleyes:) we no longer see when someone unfavorites our stories or us as authors.

Once a week I do a screen shot of my scores and fav total.

Not surprisingly I lost about a dozen favs after this thread.:rolleyes:

Back