son of the isolated blurts thread!

*happy dance* I have found my tribe.

The big one at my house right now is "Who made you the brothority, bro?"

My ninth-grader successfully auditioned for the high school Symphonic Band, which is very selective (only 51 of the 140 kids who are in Marching Band will make it--the others will be in Concert Band), AND she landed a pretty decent role in the fall drama production!

My ninth-grader successfully auditioned for the high school Symphonic Band, which is very selective (only 51 of the 140 kids who are in Marching Band will make it--the others will be in Concert Band), AND she landed a pretty decent role in the fall drama production!

Congrats! You must be one proud mama.

Congrats! You must be one proud mama.
Thanks! I am. :)

And my oldest daughter, who was diagnosed with autism back in December and has had some other problems at school related to some bullying incidents, has actually started participating in extracurricular activities. We had to pull her out of marching band, but she'll be allowed to re-join concert band in a couple of months.

Had a makeover today (with the daughters - Girls' Night). Not sure how I'm feeling about make up. I'm just so lazy; I like my mascara and gloss and go routine. But...the new job has me in a lot of pictures, and while I don't feel my age, I am looking somewhat older...and tired-ish. Hmmm...what to do.
This is why I wear my glasses most of the time these days. My kids (AND some of my students) are always telling me I look tired. My glasses hide the circles and bags that even makeup can't conceal.

Last edited:
This is why I wear my glasses most of the time these days. My kids (AND some of my students) are always telling me I look tired. My glasses hide the circles and bags that even makeup can't conceal.

Oh, don't even go there, we know you're a minx, just own it already! ;):kiss::rose:

that is good news about your kids. :cool:

I've been so monumentally bored on my forced week off, yes I said forced, that I've resorted to baking cupcakes, and I NEVER bake. Turns out, for very good reasons. The top was so crunchy you could shatter teeth, it developed mysterious craters and the base crumbled to dust with very little provocation. My efforts at a topping met with equal calamity, I ended up coating myself, my cooker and the over enthusiastic mixer with a fine layer of icing sugar. This led to a scene akin to a drugs den.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Now what pictures are you hoping for specifically? The look of shame on my face at wearing a pair of pink oven gloves that are actually mine? My tooth fragment flying across the room? My impromptu impression of Casper the friendly ghost or what looks like bronzed coloured stones sliding into the bin?

I'd like to see those pics, too. :)

The three of us will gang up on you...;) We play well together.

Urgh, none of you are going to let this drop are you? *sighs*

Alright, tell you what, tomorrow evening I will once more don my armour and brave the foul lair that is my kitchen, risk having my eyebrows burned off to bake another batch of dubious cakes. I shall photograph my efforts, a sort of Richard Attenborough of baking and display said results here.

But, let me warn you now! If you find said images stomach churning, if you find phalluses drawn in icing sugar, you only have yourselves to blame! And you thought having PMs with cock pictures were bad, whoo boy, your in for a treat!

I can't quite decide how pathetic I am that I am SO excited about these pictures. Hehhehe

And some how I can't quite decide how pathetic I AM that on a site dedicated to sex and getting off I am entertaining a slice of the lite community with my baking skills. Or lack of there in.

I can't quite decide how pathetic I am that I am SO excited about these pictures. Hehhehe
Again, we are of an accord. I was thinking the same thing, and giggling.

And some how I can't quite decide how pathetic I AM that on a site dedicated to sex and getting off I am entertaining a slice of the lite community with my baking skills. Or lack of there in.

But your giraffeness, you can say that you entertained 3 ladies at the same time. I would think that would up your street cred in the herd. Wait, do giraffes herd?

Back