They’re in the woods

Brandnewbuddy

Really Really Experienced
Not quite a dream but I started with an idea and then idea while I was waking up this morning and the idea took a life of its own.

The initial idea was a joke: big city young woman looks forward to going to her uncle’s house where she’ll be tended to by her handsome cousins. It’s obvious her backwoods kin are smitten with her but she’d never sleep with them…though maybe she could tease them a bit and see where things go.

Only, they aren’t. What she thought was flirtation was just them being courteous. They all have girlfriends now. They’re still glad to have her but she’s a grown ass woman so she’s not going to get special treatment.

…but this is where the idea took a turn and started moving on its own. The woman, still shocked from the reality check asks where these supposed girlfriends are. One of her cousins blurts out “the woods.” Drawing a glare from his brother.

That night she notices that her cousins all slip out of the house and walk into the woods. She tries to follow but she’s only wearing her slippers so she has to turn around. Though she finds it odd that the men found their way without even a flashlight.

Next morning she gets her youngest cousin alone and asks her about what happened. Instead of answering directly, he invites her to join them that night. Their girlfriends have sisters who would still like a date-quickly adding they have brothers too, and once she meets them she’ll understand everything.

Now that’s when I got the idea back. My initial thought was that the cousins and the other men and women of the town were being seduced by Skogsra, beings who look like lovely women who have plants growing out of their backs. People who are seduced by them never come back from the woods the skogsra live in or become introverts.

But what else could be in the woods?

That night she notices that her cousins all slip out of the house and walk into the woods. She tries to follow but she’s only wearing her slippers so she has to turn around. Though she finds it odd that the men found their way without even a flashlight.

Men tend to have better (sometimes much better) low light vision than most women. Country folk tend to have better low light vision and experience than city people who basically never moving in the dark, and may not have even experienced true natural darkness outdoors. People knowing their environment well can move around blind with surprising confidence. So, that part not necessarily needs any magic.

Have never heard about your specific plant people, but there's many varieties of regional and traditional forest dwellers, and even more interpretations of same. Elves (many types), fairies (flying), fairies (mean dwarf type), nymphs, dryads, huldra, laumas, yakshi, kodama, etc, etc (male counterparts may be invented where there's none). Even werewolves, why not?

Or even, well, real girls may set up dates in the woods, especially if everybody is sneaking out without approval of their respective parents (and while that may imply underage, that's not at all necessary the case in multigenerational homesteads. Real girls may have fun by pretending to be any of the above mythical creatures, or just be witches of a particular slant.

Never heard of Skogsra before, had to look that one up. I like it! Good basis for an erotic horror story. I'm surprised they never popped up on "Supernatural."

Back