A nice word to describe a woman who enjoys sex.

Thank you.:kiss: 'Glowing with erotic energy' is a good description, too.

The first one was better...

Just tell me you didn't swipe either one from a romance novel writer.

My ex, a decent writer in her own right, unfortunately was a huge fan of those.

I'll read anything, and was sometimes pleasantly surprised to find a clever turn of phrase in one....

More often descriptions of such things as tumescence were god-awful.

Last edited:
The first one was better...

Just tell me you didn't swipe either one from a romance novel writer.

My ex, a decent writer in her own right, unfortunately was a huge fan of those.

I'll read anything, and was sometimes pleasantly surprised to find a clever turn of phrase in one....

More often descriptions of such things as tumescence were god-awful.

Both were original thoughts. The books I'm a fan of would never contain either one of those lines.

And yes, 'tumescence' is pretty awful....on paper. In person, well, that's a different story.;)

Both were original thoughts. The books I'm a fan of would never contain either one of those lines.

And yes, 'tumescence' is pretty awful....on paper. In person, well, that's a different story.;)

I think it might be diagnostic one way or the other where I fall on the Kinsey Scale : in nearly all media that anatomical portion seems, well, just silly.

There are few words and fewer situation that don't sound silly whether that part is in a state of tumescence or not.

ESPECIALLY if one has to move about in the nude. I'm pretty sure it was strictly for males that clothing was originally invented. Slumbering, dangly bits seem odd and vulnerable, swinging about... When at attention, it bobs and weaves awkwardly when you enter a room leading with your dick as it were.

Tiny_tits: "What word describes a man who likes sex?"

October46: "normal"

Tiny_tits: "same for us"

Just hold on now, normal for men I agree with. I have seen way more men get excited about sex in my 50+ years than women by far!!!

My experience talking to women about this (and I am not shy to bring this up at a party or if the conversation goes that direction at work or other places) has mostly resulted in statements like 'Why are all you guys so obsessed with sex?'

I highly doubt that applies to the women on Lit but you even see similar stuff stated in ads in places like POF.

The worst quote I can give you is from my ex's best friend. "If I never had sex again I wouldn't miss it."

Her husband left two years later.

Is it normal for a woman to like sex? Some women yes.

Probably due to the double standard toward sex. A man who has sex with a lot of woman is a player. A woman who has sex with a lot of men is a slut.

That is the big problem here, women ought to be able to have a good time and not be degraded for it.

Query: "We HAVE a lot of words for lusty wenches. You just have to (gingerly) try them on like hats and see which one she hates."

Ok you need to read my reply with humour because I am laughing so hard at the thought I can barely type.

ROFLMAO Great, really great but what am I to do. Hmm I'll call her a slut tonight . . . . oh cut off am I?

In a week I'll try whore but in a nice LOL gentle way and see if I get any then!

How many words have I gotten so far? I'll let you know in June if one worked or I have a new girl friend or if I've run out of lube. LOL

Love it.

It is funny (and fun) to think about.

You can gauge a LOT by the way a girl reacts to a firm grip on the nape of her neck, or rasping something suggestive in her ear.

It isn't like you just throw out the word cold...there's lots of ways to ease into it. "You are REALLY good at THAT for a "good girl". Inflection on the good as if you are starting to wonder...

Her reaction tells you a lot about whether she has "bad girl" fantasies, or not.

"I'm not saying you are a (insert risky choice here), but you'd be a good one if you wanted to....

like that.

Have fun with it.

TELL her that you wonder about dirty talk...tell her it seems awkward to say something tinged with naughty connotations.

"I don't know if I COULD grab you by the hair and call you my 'fluffy little sex kitten' (or whatever comes to mind.)...."

If she likes it she'll purr.

Last edited:
Tiny_tits: "What word describes a man who likes sex?"

October46: "normal"

Tiny_tits: "same for us"

Just hold on now, normal for men I agree with. I have seen way more men get excited about sex in my 50+ years than women by far!!!

My experience talking to women about this (and I am not shy to bring this up at a party or if the conversation goes that direction at work or other places) has mostly resulted in statements like 'Why are all you guys so obsessed with sex?'

I highly doubt that applies to the women on Lit but you even see similar stuff stated in ads in places like POF.

The worst quote I can give you is from my ex's best friend. "If I never had sex again I wouldn't miss it."

Her husband left two years later.

Is it normal for a woman to like sex? Some women yes.

Maybe part of the reason for that problem is the number of men who don't make the sex all that enjoyable for the women.

Rub her tits, stick it in, get your rocks off, say goodnight dear.

Overheard later that day at the sports bar: "Geeze, my wife is such a cold fish, she never wants sex anymore"

It's a mystery, truly.

Maybe part of the reason for that problem is the number of men who don't make the sex all that enjoyable for the women.

Overheard later that day at the sports bar: "Geeze, my wife is such a cold fish, she never wants sex anymore"

It's a mystery, truly.

This thought is a bit murky, so apologies for that.

It's easy to label a guy, because for us having sex=enjoying sex. Ladies, as has been pointed out don't always enjoy the sex they're having. As far as I know, we don't actually have words for people that enjoy sex, just words for people who have sex a lot.

I once read a treatise on why a sensible man shouldn't want his partner to experience sexual pleasure. The premise being that if a woman enjoyed sex, she might get the idea that some men might be better at it than others, which might mean unfavourable comparison. I hasten to add that the reason it got into print was that someone was ridiculing it - but it was still the idea of a person with an education :(

Not sure where I'm going with this except it does seem that some guys are really threatened by the idea of women liking sex and actively seeking it.

On occasion, I've been known to use the "is that all you think about" line. The undercurrent of the message is, "I love sex. I just don't want to discuss it with you." I've also met men who don't think about sex with every passing moment.

I think people are sexual by nature and, as is also true with other aspects of human nature, there are varying degrees of intensity for both men and women. As far as the "and then they divorced" story, sex is often a result of other successes in a relationship. People rarely divorce JUST because they didn't have sex.. and they rarely stopped having sex because they didn't like it.

It's a mystery, truly.

LOL in 40 years that has happen 3x, what is wrong with these guys? I want the woman to be addicted to me.

Not sure what you mean here. For women who like sex, orgasms don't matter, but they do for women who don't enjoy sex??

Female orgasms are tricky business, but I would think the vast majority of ladies are pro-orgasm or really want to experience one.

I'd have to agree. I would add that for men or women, sex CAN be quite enjoyable at times even if orgasm isnt achieved. Chasing them can be hurrying your canteen toward the mirage.

Human orgasms are a tricky business.

I'd have to agree. I would add that for men or women, sex CAN be quite enjoyable at times even if orgasm isnt achieved. Chasing them can be hurrying your canteen toward the mirage.

Human orgasms are a tricky business.

Agree

It's the journey and not always the destination (not that I'm knocking the destination)

I've read a bit more of this now

To be honest my man can call me anything he likes as long as he prefaces it with "my" and looks at me with lust and desire - judge the mood right and any word sounds delicious in the right context

If someone wants to discuss women in the abstract as people who enjoy sex there is no appropriate word - patriarchal double-standards

I have looked high and low and have only come up with nymphomaniac or minx to describe a woman or her actions when she enjoys sex.
I don't want to use all the rest like slut, whore, jade, strumpet.

Hell there are millions of wonderful women who enjoy sex but to describe them as a slut is wrong because they may (more than likely) take offence.
How do you tell a woman you love her nymphomania tendencies?
I could say "You are a seductive beautiful minx."
I like the word minx but even that is this per Webster: "a sexually attractive and playful woman who often causes trouble"
My woman does not cause trouble (hmmmm hold on). Well at least not in bed and the trouble is not what is expected here, or so I think

You would think that since we are 40 years into the empowerment of women that a word or two would have come along to express what I am looking for.

l

A person who likes sex. That plain, that simple. Libidos come in all shapes and sizes, regardless of gender. For some people once a month is good, for others, once a day isn't enough. Hell, I'm fifty four, and I can still go every other day if I can find someone who can keep up!

I've read a bit more of this now

To be honest my man can call me anything he likes as long as he prefaces it with "my" and looks at me with lust and desire - judge the mood right and any word sounds delicious in the right context

If someone wants to discuss women in the abstract as people who enjoy sex there is no appropriate word - patriarchal double-standards

So if he called you "My spacehopper of love" he wouldn't find himself using his testicles as a necktie?

How about "sexual"?

an alternative would be to do a "reverse dictionary lookup" (use google search) and type in a score of words that sum up what you are looking for. Then look over the key words it spews out as possible answers

Last edited:
I have looked high and low and have only come up with nymphomaniac or minx to describe a woman or her actions when she enjoys sex.
I don't want to use all the rest like slut, whore, jade, strumpet.

Hell there are millions of wonderful women who enjoy sex but to describe them as a slut is wrong because they may (more than likely) take offence.
How do you tell a woman you love her nymphomania tendencies?
I could say "You are a seductive beautiful minx."
I like the word minx but even that is this per Webster: "a sexually attractive and playful woman who often causes trouble"
My woman does not cause trouble (hmmmm hold on). Well at least not in bed and the trouble is not what is expected here, or so I think

You would think that since we are 40 years into the empowerment of women that a word or two would have come along to express what I am looking for.

l
I would think for most men that would be easy.

Hopefully they call her "wife".
:)But seriously, just being called sexy does it for me.

Back