Recommended Toys for a Virgin

StarryEyed665

Literotica Guru
No further explanation needed, really =P I've never had one before, so I was just perusing the various options online. I'm alone in the house for a few weeks so now is really the time to secretly buy one since my fingers just aren't doing it anymore. I don't want anything too adventurous plz! Any suggestions?

Go ahead and tell me what your first sex toy was while you're at it =]

Thanks guys xxx

What options appeal to you? How are you planning to store your new toy and clean it? Are you thinking about something internal or external? Can you go to a toy shop so that you can see one in your hand, and get the heft and hardness of it?

Along with the good questions GrrlFriday posed, is this something you'll use alone exclusively? Use with a partner? In what price range will you be comfortable? There are toys that are built to last longer than others, trying out a few less expensive items can help you figure what works for you.

Also, as with lots of things, once you buy one it can lead to more...and more. ; )

Welcome to Lit.:rose:

Size

Be careful with being too ambitious on size. I dropped $70 on a vibrator that I am too tight to use :rolleyes:

That's a shame - is it possible to use it as an external vibe, Mandi? I've found that when I think I've got a vibe that's just too big, using it externally helps - including turning it 'upside-down' and using it like a back-scratcher, running it over the target area.

Just a suggestion if going to a physical store isn't an option try a little bullet vibrator, so you don't run into size issues? But I'm sure there's a lot more knowledgeable people here than me.

No further explanation needed, really =P I've never had one before, so I was just perusing the various options online. I'm alone in the house for a few weeks so now is really the time to secretly buy one since my fingers just aren't doing it anymore. I don't want anything too adventurous plz! Any suggestions?

Go ahead and tell me what your first sex toy was while you're at it =]

Thanks guys xxx

just something about how this is worded...

shakes head and walks away

When I use other toys than my girl's and my bodies ;-) I rather use what is in the house. I can't imagine a kitchen tool that can be used like hand-cuffs though ;-) But hand-cuffs are not in your line anyway because you search for a toy to play alone, I understand.

Seems to me like this girl here enjoys her love balls very much:

http://xhamster.com/movies/1900333/weighted_love_balls.html

The good thing about love balls is you can easily and secretly take them with you, but also actually play with them.

Depends on what you want. And are you a virgin, or a toy virgin? If you can, go look in a store. What textures appeal to you? What shapes. A jackrabbit style is usually great. For myself, I like quiet and I like quality. My first toy, a Vibratex jackrabbit style is still going strong after several years....but it is loud. Fun factory makes good quality toys. However, I really like Lelo toys. They are rechargeable and quiet and have a good warranty. My beloved Gigi's charger mechanism broke after more than a year and they gave me a half off coupon. I replaced Gigi with the Mona II. They have a good little external hand held too called the Nea. Of course, then there is glass and steel..........and clamps and balls. Have fun!

Eeeeh thanks for replying guys! Yes, I am a toy virgin and a virgin virgin, and it will be for my use only. Preferably something a bit discreet (not the huge really realistic dildos), so I am leaning towards a bullet vibrator - clitoral stimulation seems to be the only way I can orgasm, plus yeah I am anxious about size issues. Just curious about other options is all =] (Thanks for mentioning the love balls, never heard of them before!)

Lol, I'd be way too embarrassed to visit a sex shop. I don't look old enough >< (I am though, don't worry)

Find a female friendly one and walk in like you own it girl! Look at the Lelo Nea. It's a gem, pretty and discrete. There are lots of online options too. Enjoy your O's!

I do mean this ...

A handsome, fit, kind, fun-loving young man who likes you a lot. A toy like that might just last a lifetime, and will certainly, like red wine, improve with age.

If this is out of place ... apologies.

Eeeeh thanks for replying guys! Yes, I am a toy virgin and a virgin virgin, and it will be for my use only. Preferably something a bit discreet (not the huge really realistic dildos), so I am leaning towards a bullet vibrator - clitoral stimulation seems to be the only way I can orgasm, plus yeah I am anxious about size issues. Just curious about other options is all =] (Thanks for mentioning the love balls, never heard of them before!)

Lol, I'd be way too embarrassed to visit a sex shop. I don't look old enough >< (I am though, don't worry)

Clitoral stimulation ... in human-to-human sex this is done by fingers, tongue, cock, and thighs, and toys. Sometimes by toes and feet, or the clit is pressed and rubbed over a butt, belly or tit. All of that is a different stimulation, and I have seen, heard and felt girls enjoy all of these. And mostly toys for use on your own feel best if they imitate one or some of these varieties.

The other end of the line are fucking machines or toys used in very hard and forceful sex practices. I suppose you begin on the other end though.

So maybe the "tongue" of a bench scraper (without the hard plastic shaft) lubricated by oil is kind of what a human tongue feels like. A tongue softly opening the outer and inner venus lips, licking your whole vagina first like a dog until it opens "deliberately" to give access to your clit and peehole ... many girls love that.

You should try the Lelo Lily. Its a small, discreet clit vibe. Rechargeable and quiet. Its perfect if you love that pinpoint sensation. Lelo makes great toys!

Really? Pick up lines and fucking machines? :rolleyes: gimme a break.

OP, first of all, put your big girl panties on and go to an adult store, look and touch. It's not that scary. Almost all of the ones I've been to have very helpful women working. If you REALLY can't, do your research. I've ordered both too big and too small toys online.
I actually still use my first vibrator. A nondescript hard plastic wand type vibe I've had for over 20 years. My most used toy is my hitachi magic wand.
I've tossed all jelly toys I've ever had and will never purchase another (had a rabbit and 2 others turn sticky gooey after a while-yuck)
Watch- toxic toys
http://youtu.be/KZdCmIja-yY

Last edited:
Really worth looking at Love honey website in the UK (not affiliated just a happy customer). Good reviews of all toys including size/noise made etc. Plus the packaging is really discrete. A bullet vibrator sounds like a good place to start though.

Years back, my wife and I started out with one of those simple battery operated "wands". It's a good start. It can be used externally and if it's not too big, it can also be used internally. Make sure it has fairly decent power. Some of the ones with A-sized batteries don't cut it as far as she's concerned.

We then graduated to more powerful ones like the Hitachy Magic Wand. Before that, we also tried some that were "couples" types that I wore on my cock that would vibrate her clit while we fucked. If you're looking for a solo toy, that's not really an option.

My suggestion is to give several types a try. You can start off with some of the relatively inexpensive ones to see what works for you. They won't last long, but they you'll have an idea if you want just external, internal plus external or even double penetration ones. It seems women get a lot more choices for toys than do men, but then again, I haven't really looked too hard for male toys. I prefer using the female toys with her.

Good luck. Have fun. Learning new things is always fun. LOL!!

I'm surprised that nobody asked if the OP was male or female...

Now that the thread has cleared that up, I'd second the recommendation of Lovehoney. They're awesome and very user friendly, plus you get videos and reviews of almost all their products.

Just wondering why noone has mentioned the Butterfly, or a toy based off of the Butterfly, like the Butterfly kiss vibrator?

The best toys are... Japanese lol...
softer, more realistic..
more uniquely shaped, wiggly, or weird

try kanojotoys.com or toydemon.com

Back