"Because it's there."

Local Stuff

tumblr_mbn66txrs51rz3ckso9_1280.jpg

South Suicide Peak

Honestly, I've always been intrigued with hunting, camping, hiking and climbing. I don't have much experience but I think I could very easily get in to climbing. I've gone camping in some of the harshest conditions Nebraska can offer. While I'm sure they pale in comparison to the things you've done, it's a stepping stone in the right direction for me. Do you know of any places around Nebraska that have great places for camping, hiking, climbing, or a combination of the three?

Unfortunately, you live in a state without any climbing at all, as far as I can tell. Rockclimbing.com lists a grand total of 8 places for the entire state, and most of them are things like climbing gyms and retaining walls and such. You're going to have to travel, friend. I see from your profile that you're 21 years old; I assume post college, which is a shame, because you could have gone to school some place like Boulder or Bozeman. How are your prospects for travel? You can do it pretty cheaply since you're willing to camp and such. I'd say find a couple buddies who are also interested and go for the road trip.

I swear to god I've skiied down that "trail." A pal busted his kneecap coming down that thing and came home on crutches and in a lot of pain. He was in "way over his head" and had no business being on it.

I swear to god I've skiied down that "trail." A pal busted his kneecap coming down that thing and came home on crutches and in a lot of pain. He was in "way over his head" and had no business being on it.

Looks like a challenging couloir. I've never been that good a skier, and I know it. I think a lot of people try to do things in the mountains that they're not ready for. I never understand that.

Interesting story. Archetypal people. I'm sure that's the precursor of a book.

E-reading blows.

Nope. We had a small raft and an inflatable kayak. Those packrafts look pretty cool though. Right handy!

They are very light and don't track well at all. Still, they only weigh about 6 or 7 pounds. I have a neighbor who rents them.

I wondered about that, but those in the video seemed to do OK. Looked like they might have been more used to kayaks though.

Back