3 wise monkeys.... ( Locked for Heartofcourage )

"I still don't understand why, but I think at this point I shouldn't question it." Joan murmured as he pulled her over the top of him, allowing her long hair to curtain them away from the outside world. "Marie is the most obnoxious voice, to be honest. She's practically screaming with excitement because you've hidden away for so long."

His body was warm beneath her even as ice started to pelt the windshield. His hand gripped her ass tightly and she gave him the slightest grin. She could feel him getting hard, pressing against her intimately even through their layers of clothing. He was aroused and it was all because she was there in his arms.

Joan shifted to reach between them, pulling at the button of his jeans to get him free. She just wanted him close, heated, and hard in her hand.

Eli wasn't so much as shocked as he was happily surprised that Joan was more than happy to be making out with him, the mention of his departed wife might have been a touch deflating if he didn't remember what he'd said to her not long ago..

"I'm here for you Joan..." Eli said, then kissed her intently.. his lips expressing his desire for her, not for any memories that could lessen the importance of how deliciously naughty, they were being the moment and how the risk of getting caught was heightening his desire for her.

Eli punctuated his kiss with moving his hand out of the back pocket of her jeans, and slipping it down the back of her jeans, seeking the skin of her bare ass. Eli was about to use his other hand to seek out and undo her jeans simply to reach in and tease her. but he felt Joan move.. and felt her hands against his crotch.

the feeling of her hand seeking the button to his fly excited him, was she going to do this? Really?" but the sound of her undoing his pants, and hearing, not so much as feeling the zipper to his jeans get undone only heightened his desires...

The fact that Joans was about to reach into his pants and grasp his cock made him all the more harder.. and in the anticipation of her soft hand touching his cock made him nearly stop breathing in anticipation.

His eyes.. saught hers.. he kissed her, giving himself to her...He wanted her to touch him...he needed it almost as much as he needed to breathe.

"Wake..." Joan murmured as his hand slipped down the back of her jeans and gripped her bare ass.

His hands were so big, cupping her ass cheek warmly and encouraging her on her way. He was still, almost expecting her to touch him. The anticipation stretched between them until she finally found her goal and pulled his cock free. She blew out a breath before his eyes locked onto her own and he was kissing her with a passion that nearly drowned them both.

She groaned against his lips as she slowly started to jack him off, her hand gliding over his stiff cock with purpose. She wanted this desperately. She wanted him desperately. She had no idea if he knew any of that.

Her touch excited him, made him desire her all the more, and as her warm hand took hold of his cock he urgently kissed her again, gripping her ass hard. His eyes met hers, knowing that need in her eyes, they'd shared that same look back at his home, and he had to do something.

With his hand on her ass, his other on her back, he held Joan tight, leaned up and pulled her back to him at the same time, this encouraged Joan to straddle him, and as she did, he leaned her back, so her head would rest against the seat. Immediately he reached for her legs, pulling each one up, pulling her boots off and tossing them down into the floorboard of the passenger side. Next, he reached for Joan's waist, unbuttoned her jeans and grasped the waistband, at the sides of her hips. In one swift move, he pulled her jeans up and off her legs, exposing her bare legs to the cold air of the cab. His cock desperately hard now, pointed at her as if ready to stab her. The head of his cock wet with pre-cum.

Eli locked eyes with Joan pushed his cock down with one hand and ran the tip of his cock through the folds of her pussy, teasing her and testing her wetness. Gently now, rubbing at her click with his left thumb he pressed in and could feel his cock slip inside her. That feeling of her heat greeting him, made him moan her name.

"Joan..."

"Jesus!" Joan gasped as Wake pushed inside of her without hesitation, his cock stretching her as he rocked against her body.

The entire truck moved slightly and she whimpered. The entire moment was incredibly erotic and dangerous, if they were caught he would be in serious trouble. She clenched her thighs against his hips, a hand reaching above her head to grab the handle of the door to hang on for dear life.

The comfortable numbness in her brain made the entire situation more enjoyable. There were no voices, no noises, no figures. It was just her and him, something that she hadn't experienced often in her life since her illness had begun.

"You feel so fucking good." She whispered, panting as his heavier form draped over her.

Eli let his physical actions with Joan speak for him, his mind was too occupied with the simple desire to be with her. He took his queues from how she reacted to his motions, it became natural, almost like breathing. He wanted her to know she mattered to him, that he cared about her, as a person, as a woman, as someone he found beautiful. He poured every bit of himself their throws of passion.

Leaning into Joan he put his arms under her and naturally cradled her face close to his. burying his face in her neck kissing and mouthing her name, he smelled her, damn did he want her and having sex in the cab of his truck wasn't exactly a place where they could stretch out and leisurely fuck. No, as much as he wanted this to last, but their physical situation just didn't allow for it.

"Joan, I need you." Eli whispered, his mind so concentrated on her he could care about nothing else.

Eli's lips found hers, as his body crashed against hers, his body desiring to release, but desiring to bring Joan that much more pleasure before him.

"come with me... cum with me..."

"You have me." It was all she could think to say in that very moment, gasping as he kissed and nuzzled against her throat. "You have all of me, Wake."

She groaned as his lips were suddenly against hers, grasping and demanding so much of her. She could tell he was close from the tenseness in his body, the way that he jammed against her and thrust deeply. Then he was asking her to cum with him, to release with him in an intimate way. She could help but moan and nod, nuzzling against his throat as she felt herself tense and release.

"Holy fuck." She groaned, nipping at his skin as she clenched around him.

Eli could feel Joan's orgasm wash over him, through his own orgasm as he held her close. His own release came no more than a few seconds later. He could feel himself tense and quake from his release, again and again, his body screamed at him to just let go of the stress.

When he felt completely relaxed he didn't leave Joan, he wrapped her in his jacket, pulling it back from behind the seats and held her close. It was an intimate situation he could feel their mutual juices soaking his crotch and honestly he didn't care, he'd clean the cab next time he had a chance. but this.. this was intimate and important. Eventually, they'd have to move, put their clothes on and try to be normal, well normal to everyone else. But he' knew the two of them completed something, he settled her, she, Joan didn't treat him like he was damaged, or wounded. She didn't care.

For now, he'd be happy with staying naked in the cab of his truck, listening to the sounds of her heartbeat against his chest. He didn't want to break the spell or ruin the moment, so Eli simply kept quiet. he didn't want to be anywhere else.

Joan's eyes stayed closed as Wake's heavy body settled over the top of her after he wrapped her in his coat. He was massively heavy, but the feeling was comforting. His cock was still nestled inside of her, softening, but still girthy enough to stretch her. No one had ever stayed long enough to let her experience this kind of thing. Someone simply holding her after sex and making her feel like she meant something to them.

"Can we stay at your house tonight?" She asked him softly, her tone almost hesitant. "I don't want to go back to mine."

"Of course..Now that I've got you with me, don't think I'll let you go back there? I don't want to get ahead of us, we've got a lot in the way but so long as you feel safe at my place I welcome your company. We'll talk more about that through the night, but we've got a long night ahead of us though.

He quickly nipped at her lips, kissing her and holding her close to keep her warm. Holding her close, Elli thought of all the times he'd felt alone since his family was destroyed. For once, in the arms of a woman who was just as broken as he was, they made something out of their shared pieces. He was just hoping they'd be able to weather what storm came for them next.

"Just once this is all over, promise me, once we are free of this. free of this case, I won't lose you."

"I don't know what I can promise you, Wake." Joan said softly as he insisted that he wasn't about to let her go just yet. "You might see things that you don't like when you really get to know me. You might not have a choice in the end."

She looked up at him as he held her so tightly, wanting to believe that he would keep her safe through all of this. "I don't want them to think that you're a bad person for hanging around with me."

"Getting a bad rep? Excuse me? Have we met before?" Elli teased her, and quickly leaned in and kissed her nose, then her lips. "Hi. I'm Officer Wake, yes the guy who just threatened a Detective of 20 years of experience with a beat down and exposure if his drunken behavior if he didn't leave us the fuck alone? I think I have enough of a reputation for not putting up with other people's bullshit that most will leave me alone, or they'll try the passive-aggressive crap to try and undermine me. I'm used to the internal police politics of a small-town police department, it's good in some ways, horrendous in others. Right now, Either way, I'm not entirely worried about 'them. What I'm primarily worried about is keeping you safe, proving your innocence and catching a killer. Not all topics that I like talking about while I have you butt naked in my lap."

Elli smiled warmly. then stole another kiss and pushed a few stray hairs away from her face. "If you remember, my sister was afflicted by the same issues you are. I wasn't there to help her, I was off fighting bad guys half a world away. But I'm going to do whatever I can to help you. Any ugliness you throw my way I can face because chances are it's not half as bad of what I've already faced down in my life, and I'm still here."

Elli quickly kissed her one last time and commented "I'm still here, so are you. Together we'll get through this. I know we will."

He'd never been more certain of a statement in his life. He believed every word of it, and he surely hoped Joan took him at his word.

Joan didn't say anything, always a woman of few words. Instead, she showed him what she felt in the only way she could. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him tightly, resting her cheek against his shoulder.

"I hope you're right." She muttered, her fear and uncertainty keeping her from truly relaxing.

"Sometimes all you need is a little hope. A little hope can spark a fire in people to get them motivated, and pointed in the right direction. I remember being deployed overseas and a number of guys would start to crack but it was up to the NCO's to try and encourage them to get their head in the game."

Turning her chin so he looked Joan in the eyes he spoke from the heart. "Right now, right here. this is not a battlefield or war, we don't have people shooting at us or trying to kill either of us. But we do have a killer on the loose, there are people out there who don't wear a badge who depend on people like us to catch the killer so they feel safe. Because they depend on us to do what we're doing. And if I'm shocking you by saying 'us' I mean to make a point. 'We' are in this together, I know you have a subconscious connection to whoever it is, maybe they are using you, maybe they are trying to play you into thinking that you are just as crazy as everyone says you are. But I think... if we put our heads together, we can get this crazy fucker off the street."

Eli nipped at her bottom lip, kissed her again and subtly pulled her down on to his lap so she could feel him underneath her. Having Joan naked in his lap has had a significant effect on him, and like it or not he'd been slowly growing back to full attention while she'd been sitting on him. Truth be told, Yes they'd had sex earlier in the day, but he didn't feel tired. He had a desire for Joan.

Joan sighed as he was nipping at her lips again, kissing her breathless. The voices dimmed again, disappeared almost entirely. She would never understand what he saw in her, but it was obvious that he wasn't against it at all. She felt his cock hard against her skin again, the warmth searing her like an iron as the kiss broke and she was left staring into his warm eyes.

"I don't want any of this to end." She said in a whisper, breathless as she reached up to touch his cheek. "I'm afraid that all of this is going to end and I don't want to go back to the way that I was."

As a person who needed reassurance in her life, she had never gotten much of it. A lot of people pitied her, but few were willing to help. Wake shattered that mold and made her feel like she was worth the entire world and then some.

He could sense her nervousness, her aprehension that this would last. Wake wasn't one to make a commitment to something he couldn't or wouldn't follow through with.

"I'm here to the end Joan and I don't mean to the end of this case either. I'm not going anywhere unless you intend to get rid of me. Once we find the killer... whoever it is. we need to find some sense of norm for both of us. This is new to me just as it is for you, so together I know we'll make it work."

Wake was never more sure of anything than what he'd told her, in his bones he knew this was the right place to be.

The rest of the night was thankfully uneventful, his shift playing the part of showing Joan how he did his job and fulfilling the responsibilty they had for her job with the paper made for some interesting moments. However they were able to also grab what copies they needed of the murder books that were available. Once Wake got Joan safely back to his place, he was sure they'd go through them in the morning, whenever that was.

Waking up next to her was... in a word wonderful, having her beautiful face there to greet him just as much as it was good to have her near naked body in his arms the entire night, it was the first time in a very very long time that he'd slept and felt good in the morning. Leaving his bedroom in boxers and pretty much nothing else he made a few cups of coffee from the kitchen and brought them into the bedroom to try and wake Joan up as kindly as he could. Setting both cups down on his night stand he gazed over her sleeping form and could subtly make out her pantyline under the covers. a mischevious yet playful smile crept over his face as he got back under the covers watching the two steaming cups of coffee grow cold on his night stand.

"Fuck it" Wake thought, time to wake joan up the right way. With a subtle kiss on the top of her back just between her shoulder blades, Wake made his way down her back laying gentle kisses all the way down..

Joan sucked in a deep breath as she felt someone kissing her bare skin, the smell of coffee in the air. She opened her eyes, sleet hitting the window beside her side of the bed. It was a nasty winter, she thought before she turned and found herself looking up at Wake. For a moment she had forgotten that she was there with him. She had forgotten the evening before and everything that they had been through, but then it came snapping back to her as reality washed over her.

"What time is it?" She murmured, glancing towards the bedside clock and seeing that it was still early. "I have an appointment at 10."

She didn't know why she had told him that. He didn't need to know. She could have just slipped out and gone to her psych appointment without him every knowing. Something in her wanted him there though.

"You can come if you want. It's usually boring." She said softly, reaching her hand out for the mug of coffee that he had placed on his side of the bed.

"Boring? I highly doubt that, and of course I'll come."

Wake waited until she was sitting up before handing over the cup of coffee he'd brewed up. "I make mine kinda strong, so I hope you are alright with that?" He almost winced as she started to take her first drink. Taking a sip of his own he savored it, and smelled the arroma of the freshly ground coffee beans. "

"Boring? I highly doubt that, and of course, I'll come."

Wake waited until she was sitting up before handing over the cup of coffee he'd brewed up. "I make mine kinda strong, so I hope you are alright with that?" He almost winced as she started to take her first drink. Taking a sip of his own he savored it and smelled the aroma of the freshly ground coffee beans.

"Ah... nothing else like it. you know coffee was so hard to come by at times when I was in the service, I used to put all sorts of stuff in mine until we ran out of all the sugar and well, milk was nowhere to be seen, So I just got used to drinking it black. If you need milk or sugar I'm sure I can get you some.."

"No, it's fine." Joan said as she sipped at the coffee that had been offered to her. "I've learned that it's easier to not make a fuss. Less attention gets put on you that way."

She leaned her head back against the headboard and closed her eyes for a moment. It was her time to gather herself and take stock of what was real and what wasn't. This moment was real. The voices in her head were not. Wake was real. The coffee in her hands was real. Once she had taken stock of all that, she opened her eyes and looked over at Wake.

"Should we take a look at the murder books? To kill the time, for lack of a better term?" She asked as she took another sip of the coffee.

Back