The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my interview went well. Now the waiting begins.

I believe that should you not get it, the person they do hire will turn out to be a nutjob, impossible to work with, and, after a particularly nasty printer fire, they will call you in three months and beg you to take it, at double the pay.

So it's not really cut and dried here.

:kiss:
We also need a "hug" emoticon!
Lit Gods & Goddesses, do you hear me?
(I know Sir Winston will be all over it... :D)
You rangggg?

Squeek_Hug_Emoticon_by_MetalShadowO.gif

Happy Fourth to you Americans!

I shall spend the day painting my friend's house blue and without a doubt render myself a Smurf.

Happy Fourth to you Americans!

I shall spend the day painting my friend's house blue and without a doubt render myself a Smurf.
If you wanted to be a bit snarky, you could sneakily add in some red and white accents, and then blame it on contagion from the date.

If you wanted to be a bit snarky, you could sneakily add in some red and white accents, and then blame it on contagion from the date.

So far the only red I've seen on the site is my blood. I cut my arm when we were moving the scaffolding. The window frames will be white, however. :)

A break for a couple of hours now, until the sun moves behind the trees again. Just enough time for me to go pick up my new glasses. Yay!

:kiss:
We also need a "hug" emoticon!
Lit Gods & Goddesses, do you hear me?
(I know Sir Winston will be all over it... :D)

:)

I believe that should you not get it, the person they do hire will turn out to be a nutjob, impossible to work with, and, after a particularly nasty printer fire, they will call you in three months and beg you to take it, at double the pay.

So it's not really cut and dried here.

True. Being that the position is contract, they may have to wait until the contract is over. Overall, I just hope they hire the best person, even if it isn't me. I know that one day I'll feel as though I'm ready for that position but I don't know that I am right now. I feel as though I need more experience before I try for it.

Someone needs to invent LoJack for bikes.

I'm sorry for your friend.

I am sorry that happened too!

Just an FYI, they do have GPS trackers for bikes. There is also a stolen bike registry that it can't hurt to list her bike on as well...

One of my favorite stories from a peace loving friend mine is when her brand new top of the line bike was stolen and she posted notes all over town just telling the thief that he/she was a horrid person and karma would get them... and then 3 months later she found her bike (she knew it was hers because of a custom etching on the body of the bike) parked out front of a store and simply stole it back. Karma, indeed.

Thanks guys! And great links CC! I've forwarded them on to all my bike-owning friends (of which, there are several). Too bad my friend H didn't know about that GPS thing beforehand. She's flying home today so the chances she'll ever see her bike again are pretty much zero. :(

More for our non-existent WTF? thread.

1. NY girl, 11, dies from injuries sustained while playing miniature golf in Florida

ORLANDO -- An 11-year-old girl from New York died in mysterious circumstances Wednesday afternoon while playing miniature golf at a resort near Orlando.

2. Hallandale Beach lifeguard fired after participating in beach rescue

As lifeguards are paid and trained to do, Tomas Lopez rushed down the beach to rescue a drowning man — and then got fired for it. The problem: Lopez stepped out of the beach zone his company is paid to patrol, a supervisor said Tuesday. "I ran out to do the job I was trained to do," said Lopez, 21, of Davie. "I didn't think about it at all."​
As usual, more in the stories linked in the headlines.

The mini-golf fatality really has very little information; I'll keep an eye out for more details, and pass them on if they seem to merit it.

As for the lifeguard, why do I think that Mr. Lopez will soon have a much better job than the (US)$8.25/hr job he lost? I certainly hope so, at least.

Someone locked their keys in their car ar work today. Not sure why I was the first person asked to break into the car :rolleyes:

And where is Lizzie Borden? She's been MIA for months! I miss her posts, I hope she's doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back