The Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2010 Support Thread

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

presents the

[size=+2]
A.I.R. Summer Lovin Erotic Story Contest
[/size]​

summer-lovin-lowrez.jpg

[size=+2]We’re off!

Welcome contestants… and on behalf of everyone associated with A.I.R. Good luck to all![/size]

Gabrielle L.
President
Association of Independent Readers
Miami Beach, Florida

*sigh* :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the real contest starts at midnight EST, with several stories already dated and ready to appear. The official contest page may or may not pop up at that time, but the contest will be underway with stories available at midnight.

Time to start reading, voting, and getting off your hinder and getting yours in if you're still puttering around :D

Grand_High_Poobah is Scouries in a blow up doll suit, one of his many alts.

Since there is no such thing as the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) associated with or from Lit, except in scouries head, it can't sanction anything but Scouries usual hot air.

Since scouries and company can't win a REAL contest, he makes up his own list of winners.

I have 2,300 words in my entry so far, and I don't know whether or not to cut it off there or continue to another sex scene. People have complained sometimes that my stories are too short, but I also don't want to just repeat myself, which is what will happen if I continue, at least to some degree. The first option would be about another 200 words and the second would be about another 1,400 words.

Since I don't expect to win either weay, maybe I should just cut it short. Therer are too many people around with personal animus toward me for me to have much chance of winning. :(

Having a hard time

Got one story which is ok. debating if it's 'summery' enough.

The other one is giving me conniptions. I'm on my second rewrite, about 9K words and I'm not even half done. May not finish in time for this contest. Crap.

I have 2,300 words in my entry so far, and I don't know whether or not to cut it off there or continue to another sex scene. People have complained sometimes that my stories are too short, but I also don't want to just repeat myself, which is what will happen if I continue, at least to some degree. The first option would be about another 200 words and the second would be about another 1,400 words.

Since I don't expect to win either weay, maybe I should just cut it short. Therer are too many people around with personal animus toward me for me to have much chance of winning. :(

just put it up, box. :)

My story is up (link in sig.) I'll get busy reading/voting/commenting on stories when I get home from work today.

Good luck everyone! :)

ETA: Looks like the first 15 stories on the New Stories list are contest entries.

My story is up (link in sig.) I'll get busy reading/voting/commenting on stories when I get home from work today.

Good luck everyone! :)

ETA: Looks like the first 15 stories on the New Stories list are contest entries.

3.20 with 5 votes. ouch. :D

i'll check yours out.

I've got 13 votes on the non-erotic "Ride" so far -- which is 5 more than I expected it to get in total *laugh* Of course, it's at 3.46, 507 views. After a refresh button click, make that 3.40 on 15 votes.

Queen's off to a slower start on votes and views, which surprises me a bit. The title and tagline of Ride must be working pretty well :D

Last edited:
I've got 13 votes on the non-erotic "Ride" so far -- which is 5 more than I expected it to get in total *laugh* Of course, it's at 3.46, 507 views. After a refresh button click, make that 3.40 on 15 votes.

Queen's off to a slower start on votes and views, which surprises me a bit. The title and tagline of Ride must be working pretty well :D

has, in general, the scoring dropped over recent years? some of my incest pieces don't do as well as they used to. or am i worse than when i first started.

jus' wunnerd.

has, in general, the scoring dropped over recent years? some of my incest pieces don't do as well as they used to. or am i worse than when i first started.

jus' wunnerd.

The change to the star voting system, with the wording of four stars being highly positive, has trended scores downward a bit. Don't forget that anything in a contest gets high New List placement and an additional listing on the contest page, which puts it in front of more readers, some of whom might never read the category/genre/etc normally.

And, of course, there are the trolls that love to destroy anything in a contest.

The change to the star voting system, with the wording of four stars being highly positive, has trended scores downward a bit. Don't forget that anything in a contest gets high New List placement and an additional listing on the contest page, which puts it in front of more readers, some of whom might never read the category/genre/etc normally.

And, of course, there are the trolls that love to destroy anything in a contest.

it was just an observation on a general scoring trend.

as for trolls et al, i'm a bit of a loudmouth twat on the boards and have attracted a few 'followers' who'd 1-bomb just for the grin.

... but, fuck 'em. ;)

One of my lowest starts ever. Of course it's 7.25am on the first day. Can already feel it won't be going anywhere. Two out of the first three coments are negative. 57 votes already, guess I qualify. Yipee!!! LOL

Summer Break Were we meant to be together after everything that happened.
4.19 57 2782 Romance (English) 08/24/10 approved
Public Comments: 3

Update 7:58am

4.23 66 3366 How many readers does Lit get in a half hour. That's enough to post a story here if you're looking for exposure.
DG

Last edited:
If placement has anything to do with receiving more views, votes, and comments, if placement on the daily story board has anything to do with winning a contest here, then I'm doomed.

Unless my contest story is the only contest story posting, my contest story is always posted dead last. If Literotica could place my story down at the end with SamuelX, they would.

It's telling that my story not only appears after every other contest story but even after the audio stories for the day, when all the other contest stories appear before the audio stories.

The placement of my stories was the same with all the other contests, too.

I'm not complaining. I'm just making an observation.

I don't write to win a contest. Like so many of you, I write because I must. I write for the sake of the story and to write the best story I know how to write. Writing the story is the most fun. Then, when I submit it, it's gone and I'm off to the next story.

As a bonus, my stories get posted to the Survivor Contest anyway, what I don't gain in a theme contest, I earn a point in Survivor.

It just proves the point of what Scouries and others have written about contests held at Literotica not being fair and not being fairly run.

My story is up! Huzzah!

Only 14 votes, but a higher average than the first Lit contest I entered (Nude Day 2010), so good enough. If I get enough votes to qualify, I will be satisfied.

summer story time

Can't believe how many stories are up already. Good time management guys! Good luck everyone.

:heart:Mia:heart:

RavenFox- I was a little confused by your story at first because it seemed to just stop. Didn't click that the audio went further right away, dur. Anyway, I voted :) This story is amusing to me because I'm currently nursing my 5mo old. :D

RavenFox- I was a little confused by your story at first because it seemed to just stop. Didn't click that the audio went further right away, dur. Anyway, I voted :) This story is amusing to me because I'm currently nursing my 5mo old. :D

I should have put at the bottom of the text, listen for more or something, so that's my "durr" lol

Glad to amuse you hon. I'm going to read your soon. I've only gotten to read one so far, Michchick's and it was really good. :)

I should have put at the bottom of the text, listen for more or something, so that's my "durr" lol

Glad to amuse you hon. I'm going to read your soon. I've only gotten to read one so far, Michchick's and it was really good. :)

I just got home and am on my way to read a few now. Thanks for the comment (and I assume a vote too) Raven. Seems someone else wasn't quite so happy with the story and had a lot to say about it. Okay, though, I knew it wasn't one of my best and would leave some people "on the fence" about it.

The story I wrote just happened to be the way I interpreted the song it's based on.

Okay, off to read. :)

Queen may very well not qualify at the rate it's going :p

38 votes on Ride, so I at least have a bit of a sweep cushion there.

Still have Kindred off for the first round of editing, and I'm working on an LST3K that might get into the contest. Have one in my third pen name as well. If they all come together, I'll have five in the contest this round -- and I'm not even eligible to win *laugh*

Queen may very well not qualify at the rate it's going :p

38 votes on Ride, so I at least have a bit of a sweep cushion there.

Still have Kindred off for the first round of editing, and I'm working on an LST3K that might get into the contest. Have one in my third pen name as well. If they all come together, I'll have five in the contest this round -- and I'm not even eligible to win *laugh*

I'm reading Queen now and after I have dinner, I'll get to more reading. :) If my story keeps up at the rate it's going, it'll have enough votes, but it'll be far, far away from winning anything. Which is okay, I just wanted to enter a contest since I hadn't in awhile.

Back