The Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2010 Support Thread

The self-praise and pseudo-sycophancy wears thin pretty quickly, and they do get intolerably mean-spirited at times. As far as I can see, much of the good illustration is lifted from other threads. The bit of good stuff from the (perhaps) trio gets lost in the mucky end of the shtick. But to each h(i)(er)s own when it comes to humour and fetish, I guess...

There's the trio--but its adjunct is the duo. BOSTONFICTIONWRITER and andtheend are the same poster--Freddie--who is a lickspittal of the trio. It helps to have the game program when trying to unravel their game and keep it separate from the real world.

There's the trio--but its adjunct is the duo. BOSTONFICTIONWRITER and andtheend are the same poster--Freddie--who is a lickspittal of the trio. It helps to have the game program when trying to unravel their game and keep it separate from the real world.

Thanks, pilot; I know you can't tell the players without a scorecard. I'm impressed that they're able to keep their own selves sorted out.

Thanks, pilot; I know you can't tell the players without a scorecard. I'm impressed that they're able to keep their own selves sorted out.

They can't. That's one reason there's no doubt about these two alts of Freddie's (among others). He couldn't remember who was supposedly posting under which name. :D

They can't. That's one reason there's no doubt about these two alts of Freddie's (among others). He couldn't remember who was supposedly posting under which name. :D

Interesting...I'll watch a bit for that (but not too closely; it could get quite boring). I suspect as well that BFW may fake mistakes to make people think that some non-alts are actually his alts. Divide and confuse?

Interesting...I'll watch a bit for that (but not too closely; it could get quite boring). I suspect as well that BFW may fake mistakes to make people think that some non-alts are actually his alts. Divide and confuse?

Possibly. I don't think either the trio or the duo are that clever, though. It would be an insidious game if they were all that good at it.

Trying to get through a bunch of the contest stories today between writing. What an incredible group of stories. The talent displayed in the entries is thrilling. Already after one day if I don't get even remotely near the top ten I don't care as the quality of the stories is just so fantastic.

Now I really need to write...but that last story was so good....no, I am behind in writing....oh, just one more story :rolleyes:

<click contest stories button>

my score is up and down like a pompey whore's drawers on navy day.

mind you, it ain't a high score, so...

i'm going to get shitfaced. :D

I just submitted my entry. I fully expect it to be a strong contender for the last place (tm) trophy. :eek:

I just submitted my entry. I fully expect it to be a strong contenders for the last place (tm) trophy. :eek:

I will be submitting another entry, in defiance of Scouries. This will mean I have two sttong contenders for the last place (tm) trophy. :D

As it was in the Nude Day contest, my entry is being bombed up one side and down the other. lol It's got TONS of good reviews, feedbacks and comments. I had 10 votes before anyone voted less than a five. Of course now, it's one of the lowest rated audios I have. Good thing I enter these contests for fun and not to win. Sheesh. *goes off to find the Troll repellant*

Good luck everyone!

P.S. Thank you Michchick and Jaymal for your comments on the story :) Glad you liked it!

As it was in the Nude Day contest, my entry is being bombed up one side and down the other. lol It's got TONS of good reviews, feedbacks and comments. I had 10 votes before anyone voted less than a five. Of course now, it's one of the lowest rated audios I have. Good thing I enter these contests for fun and not to win. Sheesh. *goes off to find the Troll repellant*

Good luck everyone!

P.S. Thank you Michchick and Jaymal for your comments on the story :) Glad you liked it!

You're welcome, Raven. Thanks again for the comment on mine. I'm getting mixed reviews and last I looked, around 5 p.m. Eastern, I was at 4.05 with 59 votes. Dropped a bit from yesterday.

Like LF, I have some writing to do as well as some editng, but I need to get more stories read. I promised geronimo I'd read his so he's first. :)

*laugh* Yep, the trolls are out in force. Both of mine took 4 1-bombs each last night -- all in a row, and all four sets arrived with both stories getting hit back to back with less than a minute between the bombs.

Sloppy and obvious. At least they're making things easy for the Hoover when it comes around.

To geronimo: Here's something to help you, or a few somethings.

The live version of just the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ta5ZxTORI

Much, much, much better than the studio version, and adds the "third verse" only seen but not sung in the studio version.

The official video (and studio version of the song):

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/127180/1719657

Yeah, I put my own twist on it. As I said it's based loosely on the song. I do remember there was a lot of controversy over the video when the song and video were first released, but it's of course, one of Garth Brooks' biggest hits.

To geronimo: Here's something to help you, or a few somethings.

The live version of just the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ta5ZxTORI

Much, much, much better than the studio version, and adds the "third verse" only seen but not sung in the studio version.

The official video (and studio version of the song):

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/127180/1719657

Yeah, I put my own twist on it. As I said it's based loosely on the song. I do remember there was a lot of controversy over the video when the song and video were first released, but it's of course, one of Garth Brooks' biggest hits.

ooh, ta. cool! :D

ooh, ta. cool! :D

And I know you know what I meant when I said "only seen and not sung..." when what I should've said was "only seen in the video and not sung in the studio version"

But anyway, yeah. I really enjoyed your story. Voted and commented.

Good luck everyone!

Sorry Sweetheart, Still won't come up for me. (story, that is!:))
DG

How Does One Withdraw a Story From a Contest?

I write a story in keeping with spirit and theme, think I'm doing okay, don't care if I win, then because of a comment I made to lit10 he/she erupts.

Now I know why I have stopped bothering.

I don't need nasty feedbacks. Fuck it!

Aww, looks like I pissed a certain someone off. My story dropped to a 4.00 within the last half hour or so.

Guess he didn't like me telling him to shove his make believe contest up his ass, huh?

Not much of a drop really so maybe it was just the trolls. Either way it doesn't matter. What goes around comes around.

I write a story in keeping with spirit and theme, think I'm doing okay, don't care if I win, then because of a comment I made to lit10 he/she erupts.

Now I know why I have stopped bothering.

I don't need nasty feedbacks. Fuck it!

He's a condecending, pompous ASS!!!!!!!

Good grief, AS, calm down. Take your dispute off the board. If you want to withdraw your story, I think you either have to PM Laurel or just delete it yourself, then resubmit it as a regular story without the SUMMER LOVIN' 2010 tag line in the notes field.

I think we have enough negativity here with scouries fouling up the place already.

Back