Ropework photos

II decided to go with macrame. Yep, macrame.

In my world, collars are important not in themselves, but because of the bond they represent. I don't particularly consider the item itself to be sacred, but I'm human. I attach importance to symbols. Also, in my world, something I make with my own hands is a helluva lot more important than something I spend money on. It may not be as pretty, or as slick, but it is definitely more serious.

for those of you paying attention, you'll notice that I'm calling her viv instead of "v". I figured it's about time to stop calling her by a letter. Thus viv is what she shall be called, short for Genevive.

I love that you do macrame.

And, like you, I have always treasured a gift made by my loved one's own hands as much more special than something bought. Pretty or slick is not important. Weirdly off topic, I was cleaning/organizing a closet yesterday and came across a very rustic little art project made by my then 7 year old son. Dedicated to Mom. He's 23 now. Oh my....

Yeah, I know you're hearing Mom-talk, but really it is the gift of effort that I love, whether from child, husband or friend.

I can't speak for your ropework, at least tonight (other than I so do love purple rope), but I appreciate you sharing your efforts tonight (or this morning). And thank you, too, for introducing viv (a proper southern introduction for a beautiful name.)

*quarter to three and still awake....*

Thanks, Lilybart. I don't mind Momtalk. We've got kids, and lotsa of art projects as well.

How do you handle safe signals, caz? I've thought about that myself, as my hearing is iffy. I was thinking about the dropped scarf concept used in cases where the bottom is very bound and gagged. Something like giving the bottom an item to hold that is attached to you, and you would notice if it was dropped, or something very visible.

It's an interesting question.

With my "former" play partner (we have not been playing together for a few months now....but did have an offer to play in two weeks' time!).....anyway, back to your question.....with him, we did have some hand signals using the thumbs up and down and the signal for "stop" but we were not doing any tying up or anything, just him spanking my cute sweet asscheeks! *blushing*

With my sub friend, we have not worked hand signals out yet, but I am sure, with time and trust, we will work something out, somehow!

One thing I will say about Two Knotty Boys, I'm not a huge fan of their style overall, but I think they're both fantastic guys for all the good work they do, and all the info they put out. I dig some of what they do quite a bit, and absolutely LOVE some of the functional stuff they put out in their videos.

They just reached 1000 subscribers on their Youtube channel, so props to both Dan and JD. If you get some time, hit Youtube and take a gander at what they're putting out. It's worthwhile, even if it isn't a style I dig.

And I will probably be hitting Lowe's for some more nylon to make one of the whips like they showed in the most recent video. That looks like a really cool project.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2KnottyBoys

How do you handle safe signals, caz? I've thought about that myself, as my hearing is iffy. I was thinking about the dropped scarf concept used in cases where the bottom is very bound and gagged. Something like giving the bottom an item to hold that is attached to you, and you would notice if it was dropped, or something very visible.

It's an interesting question.

I'm not caz, but I'm deaf. Speaking from the bottom point of view though..

I'm not a fan of the dropped item thing. Once you drop it once, it's, well, dropped. If the top just happened to not be looking at you in that moment and missed it, what are you to do? Besides that, I tend to really really relax when bound, so focusing on holding on to something annoys the shit out of me.

I usually simply either wave my hand around or wiggle my feet in a constant motion, depending on how I'm bound. I would think if I were topping, this is what I'd be most comfortable with as well, as the ongoing motion would get my attention moreso than anything else would.

I'm not caz, but I'm deaf. Speaking from the bottom point of view though..

I'm not a fan of the dropped item thing. Once you drop it once, it's, well, dropped. If the top just happened to not be looking at you in that moment and missed it, what are you to do? Besides that, I tend to really really relax when bound, so focusing on holding on to something annoys the shit out of me.

I usually simply either wave my hand around or wiggle my feet in a constant motion, depending on how I'm bound. I would think if I were topping, this is what I'd be most comfortable with as well, as the ongoing motion would get my attention moreso than anything else would.

Makes sense, thank you for the reply, serijules.

More. Rope. Soon.

viv got me a gift cert to Rainbow Rope for Valentine's Day, which is the single most appropriate VD gift I've ever received. So I'll be buying some more cool MFP. Not sure what yet. Part of me wants to get more crazy colours, but another part wants tan. Boring, I know, but I like tan because it looks almost hemp-like, and can still safely be used for public tying.

That said, I found a place to buy unprocessed hemp at around $0.13-0.20 a foot. Let me say that again - $0.13-0.20 a foot. That's cheaper than nylon, kids.

http://rawganique.com/HArope.htm

I dance with gibbon-like glee.

150' of purple, and another 30' length of acid green are en route.

Hoo-dy-hoo :D

150' of purple, and another 30' length of acid green are en route.

Hoo-dy-hoo :D

lets see.... that plus the acid green you have already is enough to do a purple corset with acid green lacing right?

or with hot pink lacing....

or white...

or.... my mind is going into its rope happy place

Lemme see what I can do. :D

:kiss::rose:

-----

lets see.... that plus the acid green you have already is enough to do a purple corset with acid green lacing right?

or with hot pink lacing....

or white...

or.... my mind is going into its rope happy place

Why, yes. Five 30' lengths of purple should be enough for a corset, as it usually takes between 100-150' depending on the model. And the sort of lacing I did on WG was accomplished with one length of white. The additional length of acid green was purchased specifically with the idea of lacing in mind. I enjoy a rich purple set off with that sort of acid/lime green.

Wow, this is the first time I've had topdrop in a long time. There's nothing that gets your adrenaline flowing like doing your first inverted suspension, solo. Nothing quite like the feeling of seeing the woman you loved for 17 years hanging upside down over unforgiving concrete.

Nothing quite like realising "Oh shit, I left the camera across the room"

Went nicely. When I get my computer back I'll edit the photos and post them. Not a lot of photos, as I didn't want to leave her up for too long.

Hope you enjoy the shots. We certainly enjoyed taking them.

Wow, this is the first time I've had topdrop in a long time. There's nothing that gets your adrenaline flowing like doing your first inverted suspension, solo. Nothing quite like the feeling of seeing the woman you loved for 17 years hanging upside down over unforgiving concrete.

Nothing quite like realising "Oh shit, I left the camera across the room"

Went nicely. When I get my computer back I'll edit the photos and post them. Not a lot of photos, as I didn't want to leave her up for too long.

Hope you enjoy the shots. We certainly enjoyed taking them.

braggart:rolleyes:
seriously glad you had an awesome time

Here's the pics. I'm not real happy with them. Admittedly, I'm rarely happy with my photos, but still... These were taken in a situation where I really did have a LOT on my hands. Y'know, like not killing my gal.

We start with two quick photos of the takata-kote chest harness.

246534.jpg

246535.jpg

Generally, suspensions are done at certain points. Under the shoulders and around the hips are the big points. Waist harnesses also work, as do straps around the chest. They have their limitations though. A person can be safely suspended by the two major points alone with no real issues.

Wrists and ankles should not be used for loads bearing, but can be handled as such for limited times. We are descended from brachiators, and, as such, we can safely hang from our limbs. It simply has to be handled carefully. In this case, the first precaution I took was to make sure she was wearing boots. The boots spread the pressure out, and protect the skin.

246539.jpg

And here is the binding on the ankle. Not perfect, but functional. If you do this, make sure the primary wraps are ABOVE the ankle. I let one slide a little. The proper tie was okay, the one that slipped hurt a bit.

Without further adieu, the first suspension angle.

246536.jpg

Yup, it's not inverted. I realised that I'd left the camera way out of reach, and did not want to have to try to wander too far away. So I tied her at a more neutral angle, fetched the camera, and took this shot on the way back in.

A different angle:

246538.jpg

And here is the proper angle:

246540.jpg

As you can see, the chest harness supports much of the weight. By increasing the angle, that portion of the tie holds even more of the weight.

Ropemarks:

246541.jpg

246542.jpg

These were through her shirt. She also had ropemarks on her ankle through the boots, but the flash washed the picture out too much.

Lastly, some pics of my kludgy, but totally overkill, suspension set-up.

246543.jpg

1300# rack with an 1100# bar on top. The biner is crazy heavy, and the ring is forged aluminum. The strap is a 3000# tow-strap. None of this shit will break.

246544.jpg

Redneck suspension rig at its' finest.

Took a big chance with this set-up, especially solo. Don't do this at home kids. I found myself at one point with the ropes from her ankles in my left hand lifting her up entirely with one hand while I tied the hitch at the top, and had to hold her for a fairly long time. I'm a big dude, not ashamed to say it, and if you aren't as strong as I am, don't do this shit solo. Or use a ratcheting come-along or something. Or just better technique.

The point is, don't do what I did. Savvy?

Fortunately, nothing happened. The tie was rock solid, and she enjoyed it beyond my capability to describe. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Oh, you see the cowboy hat? I jokingly nicknamed this set "Cowgirl up!"

Last edited:
amazing

incredible

unbelievable

dead sexy

homburg, you did real good!

v, you look amazing!

god this makes me want to get tied.

Generally, suspensions are done at certain points. Under the shoulders and around the hips are the big points. Waist harnesses also work, as do straps around the chest. They have their limitations though. A person can be safely suspended by the two major points alone with no real issues.

Wrists and ankles should not be used for loads bearing, but can be handled as such for limited times. We are descended from brachiators, and, as such, we can safely hang from our limbs. It simply has to be handled carefully.

I don't know much about the rope work aspect of this, but supporting someone by their limbs, unless in a crucifix pose, would be a really bad idea.

Just the other day I had my arm rotated back, felt no pain at all, then I could feel my shoulder start to separate and pull out from my body, still their was no pain. I taped out quick to be safe, theirs a stretch mark on my arm now. Point is, it’s very difficult to anticipate when those joints start to separate.

Back