Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely go to Pizza Hut. But tonight I did.
The cool jazz on the sound system, the mood lighting, the comfortable padded lounge I was shown to.

The cold Corona beer with a slice of lemon.

Clam chowder with mushroom soup topped with a puff pastry.

Real soup spoon! (I have been given dessert spoons before!)

And the pizza - a medium sized pan. Real crab meat wrapped in a slice of bacon with orange crab roe, and prawns, plus the usual other toppings (green pepper, mushroom, onion, pineapple, mozzarella).

Delicious! I took the unfinished slices home for lunch tomorrow. Cost? 150 rmb (about $ 35).

Your Pizza Hut is nothing like my Pizza Hut :eek:

My house smells yummy as I scramble to prepare for a work potluck.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0
A day later than I planned!

Brie s'mores! Inspired by GB board, With cranberry compote, not raspberry as instructed. And delicious. I tried taking a picture....but s'mores on British round digestives and at home just looked a bit like blood and puss. :(. I put the Brie on the woodstove top to soften and served compote hot. :)

Also some beautiful Shiraz. Blackcurrantty soft and warm.

The 2.5 star resort kitchen where I worked as a teen one summer had a black current sauce option for one of the cheesecakes. OMFG! We "underlings, busboys, and general kitchen help" - I worked in the pantry/sandwich board - would pray there would be need to make more during the afternoon, so we would "be forced to taste it" as it was being made - the pastry chefs liked us LOL.

Brie s'mores! Inspired by GB board, With cranberry compote, not raspberry as instructed. And delicious. I tried taking a picture....but s'mores on British round digestives and at home just looked a bit like blood and puss. :(. I put the Brie on the woodstove top to soften and served compote hot. :)

I think I'll have the fella pick up some fresh berries for this evening. I have everything else I'd need to make these. Now I'm getting hungry.

Does anyone here have a recipe for protein balls that don't have peanut butter or raisins/currents in them? And that actually taste ok? The few I have tried to make so far won't hold together and must be eaten within a couple of days. Ideally, I want a recipe that keeps for a week at least, because she can't eat that many!
I want to make a batch for my sis (she has cancer and her appetite is zero. Currently weighs 38kg.)
All the recipes I have found so far use the above ingredients, and she hates all three.
But she really needs something super-high in calories, in as small a package as possible.

The flavours/ingredients she likes -
Coconut
Dates
Cranberries/craisins
Almond
Pumpkin seed
Chia

Thanx in advance :)

Last edited:
Swap peanut butter for almond butter that she likes, like wise raisins swap for dates / craisins. I'd make small batches with the different fruits and add coconut to some, pumkin seed to others etc for variety, or roll some in coconut powder / flakes.

Dates have crazy amounts of sugar. You could also consider other nut butters...cashew, for example, iif she likes that. You could test freezing a few for longer storage. No idea if it would work.

For day time nibbling, i make brittles with pumkin seed...I call it 'spunk brittle' because pumpkin seed is so good for male health. :eek:. It might be worth making some easy brittle or sugar snap of pumpkin seed, also almonds works, and coconut works with other things. Its not 'health' food, as its sugar. But its tasty and high calorie, and flavours she likes and can pick at through the day. With poor appetite, 'picky at ' things to hand can help. And priority is not tooth care.

I tried using almond butter, but it doesn't seem to hold them together like the peanut butter does.
The brittle sounds good, but will likely be too hard for her to chew/swallow. (But I am keeping the idea for myself :eek:)

She could just suck on it like a lolly?

Tbh, trail mix might be a good thing. Can she handle the seeds and nuts whole.

Re nut butter. If the almond butter you are using feels dry may add just a tiny bit of something like apple sauce. / fruit. Just a tiny bit.

Maybe that was the problem....it did seem a little dry. And with the other dry ingredients...?
I will try adding a little liquid when I make some today.

Made more donuts. Add another 5 dozen. Tomorrow more latkahs. Rimmy has got to stop giving them away to his poker buddies!!!!!!

I did make these last night. Thanks! Not sure who originally posted them, but I'll thank them as well. I used blackberries. So tasty.

Our Boston PBS has been airing cooking episodes of Annabel Langbein from NZ.

She has a few unusual and interesting recipes. She is not a vegetarian.

I remember seeing that but I forgot which thread that was. Can you please point me to it?

Also, made the liver and onions tonight that we talked about. I sautéed the mushrooms separately though because I like to make them in salted butter and the livers can't be salted until after they're done cooking. Added some parslied potatoes and fresh cucumber salad with tomatoes from the garden. We've had such a warm fall and winter that I'm still collecting two handfuls of tomatoes a day.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I remember seeing that but I forgot which thread that was. Can you please point me to it?

Also, made the liver and onions tonight that we talked about. I sautéed the mushrooms separately though because I like to make them in salted butter and the livers can't be salted until after they're done cooking. Added some parslied potatoes and fresh cucumber salad with tomatoes from the garden. We've had such a warm fall and winter that I'm still collecting two handfuls of tomatoes a day.

The raspberry brie s'mores can be found here:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=73293804#post73293804

I haven't had parsley potatoes in forever; it's like I forgot about them. Now I want to make them soon. Seeing yours reminds me of my mom. :)

My dad used to eat liver like that. I couldn't stand the smell! But, what you've got there looks wonderful. Especially those mushrooms.

attachment.php

This is what you made your kids eat in order to go see Star Wars next week??
Hahaha! Hahahahahaha!
Little bit evil, my ass!
No wonder you had to change your signature line! :p

:eek::eek::eek:
I hope you get to put your feet up after that with a glass of wine!

Glass of wine?
It's Friday!
Bottle of wine! :D

The raspberry brie s'mores can be found here:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=73293804#post73293804

I haven't had parsley potatoes in forever; it's like I forgot about them. Now I want to make them soon. Seeing yours reminds me of my mom. :)

Yay! Thank you, Calli!!! :)

My dad used to eat liver like that. I couldn't stand the smell! But, what you've got there looks wonderful. Especially those mushrooms.

It's chicken liver, so it doesn't smell or taste as strong as beef.
Thank you :)

This is what you made your kids eat in order to go see Star Wars next week??
Hahaha! Hahahahahaha!
Little bit evil, my ass!
No wonder you had to change your signature line! :p

Glass of wine?
It's Friday!
Bottle of wine! :D

Yes. :D :devil:
They used to love it but I haven't made it in a while and they forgot about it. The older one ate it without any complaints. The younger one complains about pretty much anything so you really can't pay attention to it.

I was gonna drink wine, but went with hot tea instead. :eek:

I hasten to add, not that this doesn't look tasty, Gypsy, but to kids...
:eek:

It's not like I made them eat cow stomach like my mom did to me. Sheesh. I'm nicer then that. That stuff is vile.

You know I interpreted this as...
I have been evil since childhood! Even my nom knew.
Right? :p

More like I have a legitimate reason to be evil as an adult. It can be traced back to my dark childhood filled with cow stomachs, liver and blood sausages, and yes, even blood soup.
Btw, I used to love both the liver and blood sausages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back