Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one on the left looks especially like a tit, with a nipple of the kind I like.:devil:

Papaya, for me, is green. I know papaya as 'pawpaw' - which when ripe is not that colour. It's orange or a bright yellow, that's pale to me.

Michael was right, they are Mangos out of Mexico. I had never seen ones that size shape or color.

I didn't want to cut into them because they were not mine and came from a shopping trip 45 miles away. We only have the one grocery store and I have to special order anything even remotely exotic.

Papaya, for me, is green. I know papaya as 'pawpaw' - which when ripe is not that colour. It's orange or a bright yellow, that's pale to me.

Papaya here change colour from green to yellow/green to pale yellow to bright yellow to orange.

It's either that or a mango. Weird colour.

At first I thought they might be apple cucumber. Mmm.

I'm going back to Jamie Oliver's restaurant tomorrow and I'm sooooo tempted to have what I had last time because it was so gorgeous, but it's daft really when the menu is crammed full of lovelies to choose from.

I really love pumpkin ravioli though...

Wiley McCrary's Basic Barbecue Sauce

Makes 6 1/2 cups

5 cups prepared ketchup

1 cup light brown sugar

2/3 cup dark amber maple syrup

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1 tablespoon molasses

1 tablespoon granulated garlic

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon dry mustard

1 tablespoon hot sauce

1 scant teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon celery salt

Combine all the ingredients in a medium, nonreactive saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally as it simmers for at least 20 minutes.

Set aside to cool to room temperature. You may use it immediately, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three months.

For a sweeter sauce, substitute honey for molasses in the recipe. For a sauce that packs more tingle, throw in some crushed red pepper flakes. For a smokier sauce, add ground ancho chili powder.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/05...becue-general-wiley.html?sp=/99/543/1825/913/

(Having a good giggle over Redneck Nachos- Pulled Pork and Crisp Bacon, homemade American potato chips, and topped with cheese, sour cream, and all fixings you would expect from a normal nacho feast.)

My last smoker rusted out. It had very few moving parts.
(I was still eating turkey and salmon, at the time.)
Now, everything has computer chips in them. :eek:

Ya I went the fancy electric route. Im not knocking charcoal or anything as I love my charcoal barrel grill, but I dont want to babysit this think for 8 hours

If anyone has a kick-ass egg salad recipe, please post it here.

TIA.

Boil 5/6 eggs, in salt water, easy off shell
mash eggs up in a medium bowl
add chopped bread (white bread or rolls, no crusts) chopped fine, but not like bread crumbs
add 1/8 of a small onion, grated, not diced or dried
2/3 tbsp of mayo
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp parsley
mix thoroughly, you want it to look almost like a paste

yw

Last edited:
This balsamic has a taste that is similar to dark bitter chocolate and espresso.
(The Romans had chocolate flavor, before the New World was invaded ?)

Boil 5/6 eggs, in slat water, easy off shell
add chopped bread (white bread or rolls, no crusts) chopped fine, but not like bread crumbs
2/3 tbsp of mayo
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp parsley

yw

and if you add a few par-boiled potatoes, cubed, and chopped celery, you've got an Aussie potato salad. (minus the bread though):D

I doubt it's Kosher.

10313799_709308759114767_1759551968935123191_n.jpg

A 1/4 pound Hebrew hot dog in a bun smothered with chili,Tater Tots, cheese & onions.

Boil 5/6 eggs, in slat water, easy off shell
2/3 tbsp of mayo
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp parsley

yw

Nice.

Thanks!

Cheese Fetish

I love the stuff Mmmmmm.

I pull "fuck me" faces while eating it.
I talk to it like I moan to my lady friends as I'm about to reach orgasm.

"Mmmmm that's so good"

"I fuckin love you"

"AhhhhH"

"UuuhhhhH"

"Mmmmmmm"

You sexy cheese I want you so bad.

Q: Why would anyone want to 3D print food? What recipes are suitable for 3D printing? Do you have examples?

The 3D printing of food – in this case, creating a layer of pasta, a layer of filling, and covering it with a layer of pasta again – is assembling the ravioli.

http://www.naturalmachines.com/faq/

Q: Why are some things are part printed and part completed by hand? In your pizza recipe, the dough and sauce are printed, and then the cheese, spices and toppings are done by hand. Why?

"We always ask ourselves before printing something if it's easier/faster/better to print it versus doing it by hand. Sprinkling some cheese and spices on a pizza is definitely faster by hand versus printing. Hence, our part printed/part hand made pizza. One of the reasons we decided to print only the dough and sauce is because those are the two most difficult parts of making a pizza by hand."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back