What's your favorite quote?

George Bernard Shaw

The thing that is wrong with the world is that the ignorant are so cock-sure and the wise are so full of doubt.

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Benjamin Disraeli

Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, "I predict, Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease". Disraeli replied, "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."

“You say 'erbs, and we say Herbs. Why? Because there's a fucking H in it!” -Eddie Izzard

How could we have gotten this far...

...without some Yogi Berra-isms?

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

" Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."
Mark Twain

Everett Hitch (Viggo Mortensen)

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
(Appaloosa)

" Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."
Mark Twain

This one is about to go up on my Facebook status!

"If you can't fuck on, then I guess you'll just have to fuck off."

I'm wondering what "a deceitful peace" is supposed to mean?

At this point I'm reading it as "bitch me out in private, but smile and coo and be normal in a room full of people where one must conduct themselves with dignity and grace."

My interpretation might be slightly colored though.
:rolleyes:

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. ~Bill Vaughn

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

Nice! And I'm borrowing ^that one for a battle of the quotes... Thank you!:D

Jebediah Nightlinger (Roscoe Lee Brown)

I regret trifling with married women, I'm thoroughly ashamed of cheating at cards, I deplore my occasional departures from the truth, Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday Sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger, and those I am about to.

"The Cowboys"

Back