What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM'ing with my son today. He's with friends who took him to a sushi restaurant with the classic conveyor belt. He's never been to one before and he's over the moon. I love it when Mr. Mellow geeks out. :D

Today's laugh had a cruel streak in it. I was walking down the street, out for a short stroll after lunch, and I casually watched the businessman in front of me, engrossed in his cell phone, walk straight into a cast iron table in front of a small bistro. Pay attention folks.

Visiting a friend.
Picking up a free hand-me-down washing machine (only a few years old).
The Boy's help moving it.
An unexpected check in the mail.
New opportunities.

Finally having the time to tackle some home projects, re-potting plants, cooking a fierce gravy (pasta sauce) with meatballs, then the thunderstorm while listening to Billie Holiday.

Uncork the wine, Jeeves...
Ahhh....:)

So, yesterday I got a text message from an unknown number saying 'Hi sexy, how are you?'.

As all women on here will know, that is a standard PM opener, so I'm standing with my mouth open in horror, wondering how on earth I have managed to disclose my mobile number through my usual technological ineptitude.

So I texted back, asking who it was. 'It's Jon' came the reply. Thought about that one; no, didn't mean anything. So texted again, told him I didn't know him and asked him how had he got my number.

'I got given it on Saturday night. So I take it that's not Sarah, then?'

Poor guy. I explained that he'd been had, and that I was a married, middle aged woman. Turned the phone to silent as usual and put it away.

This morning, there are a host of messages from this same guy - how old is middle aged, where do you live, are you happily married, why aren't you replying, why are you being ignorant, etc etc.

I'm siding with Sarah.

Last edited:
Man found decapitated in Midtown Tulsa garage

Tulsa police say a woman came home to find her husband dead in the garage.

Police said the man was found with his hands and feet bound and he had been decapitated. Police surrounded the home near 45th & Sheridan during the investigation.

They told FOX23 they think the unusual death may have been a suicide.

:rolleyes: That's the entire article, but it's headline-linked through the FOX affiliate's website, just in case you want to see it in situ. I'm waiting for more details.

Sitting alone in my office this morning, a conversation I'd had years ago with a relative came into my mind and, although it was mildly amusing, for some reason it struck me as very funny today and I started to laugh.

So there I am, all alone, laughing out loud at something that wasn't actually very amusing, and that in itself became even funnier. No matter what I tried, I couldn't stop and pull myself together.

Eventually one of my staff appeared in the doorway, wondering what the noise was, and found the boss doubled up in hysterics, holding her sides and tears pouring down her face. He asked what was funny, I couldn't speak for laughing so he started as well.

Eventually there were 5 of them plus me, all hysterically laughing about absolutely nothing at all. I had to shoo them all way in the end - but it brightened my morning :D

Sitting alone in my office this morning, a conversation I'd had years ago with a relative came into my mind and, although it was mildly amusing, for some reason it struck me as very funny today and I started to laugh.

So there I am, all alone, laughing out loud at something that wasn't actually very amusing, and that in itself became even funnier. No matter what I tried, I couldn't stop and pull myself together.

Eventually one of my staff appeared in the doorway, wondering what the noise was, and found the boss doubled up in hysterics, holding her sides and tears pouring down her face. He asked what was funny, I couldn't speak for laughing so he started as well.

Eventually there were 5 of them plus me, all hysterically laughing about absolutely nothing at all. I had to shoo them all way in the end - but it brightened my morning :D

Made me laugh...Sarah!

Heh
8C9ADAA4-A111-4558-B179-68FE5A4C73D6-14469-00000D27BFEE4C62.jpg

I was having a few computer problems this morning in the office and so was hard at work under the desk fiddling with some of the connections.

One of my staff came in and dropped a file on my desk, so I shouted 'thank you' from my hiding place.

He emitted a very satisfying squeal...and won't live it down for the rest of the day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back