What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great day of food, drink, fun & family at the Columbus Day Parade in Eastie!
Salute & mangia!

I'm getting payment in advance for 30 blog posts because this woman is AWESOME. Pretty sure she didn't even really need the damn things, but she's helping me out because she's AWESOME.

Expect to see a lot of me in the following days because I find that the more I have on my to-do list, the more I like to procrastinate. Woot. :cool:

Thanks!

For me today is being asked to help my friend with a project that has been stressing her out and knowing its an easy thing for me to do. And knowing I will spend my laterish afternoon working on a garden project barefoot with only nature for company.

Nice! Also, have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy your av's? Legs and feet can tell such a story.

That's great!
Made me smile too and I'm absolutely in the mood.

Another Litster is in the mood! :D Glad I made you smile, IA. :rose:

My smile today...

Returned to Nelson last night and enjoyed am amazing Thanksgiving dinner with our warm and wonderful friends. Slept 12 hours in my own, very comfortable, bed. Reno job is finished. I will drink tea and then WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

We live around 5 minutes walk from the center of the city, yet it's pretty rare that we actually go spontaneously anywhere, because we're in a rut and just like being home. We rarely go, be it for a dinner at a restaurant, a late night movie or drinks somewhere if there is no friend to make us leave the house. But today we went. And it was great.

I feel so energized now! Cappuccino and cake, followed by two excellent beers with decent pub food and tons of great conversation, flirting and joking around. If I ever wonder why I'm with this man, it's evenings like this that make me remember again. :)

Besides, a guy hit on me on my way to the restroom and coming back to our table. On a Monday evening! And it didn't make me anxious and uncomfortable!

Keroin bait

Just walked into the kitchen and caught sight of tonight's dessert: red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. All to go with a quiet night of movie watching. On screen: Redford in Legal Eagles.

my friend dropping it like its hot and then face planting right after. funniest thing i have witnessed it ages lol

Just walked into the kitchen and caught sight of tonight's dessert: red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. All to go with a quiet night of movie watching. On screen: Redford in Legal Eagles.

Okay, I just went to a yogurt shop, and one of the flavors was red velvet cupcake. :confused: Are the cupcake shops pushing yogurt flavored cups of cake? And what the hell is it with the frozen yogurt places spreading like candy-colored ebola, popping up next to cupcakeries? I think one just opened in my shower while I was typing this.

I am seriously thinking of opening my own cracker shop. Wait. No. Carrots. I'll JUST do carrots. You pick up a cup when you come in, then serve yourself any combo of TEN different KINDS of carrots! Baby! Whole! Crinklecut chips! Steamed! And... others! Maybe red fucking velvet! Then you add your toppings (gummy worms, butterfinger bars, soy sauce, whatever) and a dude in a "10 Carrot" t-shirt weighs it on a little scale! I need investors. It's gonna be huge.

OK, you know I'll take it. But only because I exercised amazing willpower and walked right past the cupcake display in Costco, while I was in the big city. Not even I can eat 24 cupcakes before they go stale...not even I.

OK, you know I'll take it. But only because I exercised amazing willpower and walked right past the cupcake display in Costco, while I was in the big city. Not even I can eat 24 cupcakes before they go stale...not even I.

That's the dirty little secret of shopping Costco, isn't it? That twelve-pound tub of spinach-artichoke dip looked so freaking good and now you find that you've been eating spinach-artichoke dip every day since Easter!

Turns out that all but two of the cupcakes were destined to be carted off to her school, as a celebratory offering for her birthday. I will get one - and savor it intensely - tonight.

After a trying morning, where I had to take Mother to a dr. appointment, then go in early to work, S. had the foresight and sympathy to make me coffee & toast to go!
:)

After a trying morning, where I had to take Mother to a dr. appointment, then go in early to work, S. had the foresight and sympathy to make me coffee & toast to go!
:)

Sometimes coffee and toast can make all the difference. :)

My smile today? We left a bucket of our home grown tomatoes outside our landlord's door in the evening. Woke up to find the same bucket outside our door...full of home grown plums! :D

Sometimes coffee and toast can make all the difference. :)

My smile today? We left a bucket of our home grown tomatoes outside our landlord's door in the evening. Woke up to find the same bucket outside our door...full of home grown plums! :D

Maybe they'd just gone bad and turned purple overnight and (s)he was disgusted? :confused:

Just a smile at all the things I accomplished today. Just some little things.. But it needed to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back