What I Wrote and Why: Aunt Tina, Recovering Slut Pt. 1-3

Rob_Royale

with cheese
I wasn't planning to participate in this WIWAW trend, because I didn't feel that the "why" of my writing was all that interesting. The why is 'I like writing smut' for pretty much all of them.

Aunt Tina though ... is interesting at least to me.

What - Aunt Tina, Recovering Slut is a three-part story in the Incest/Taboo category, about 38K total words. It's about a young serviceman who is in dire straights financially and needs a cheap place to live, off base. He finds out that his estranged Aunt lives in that town. He secretly contacts her and she allows him to move in. Unbeknownst to him, his lovely Aunt suffers from hypersexuality.

Why - My usual gig is the mature category and this story started in my brain as a mom's hot best friend story. When I considered the hot Aunt possibility, the whole story just sort of coalesced in my brain. The conflict, his mother's hatred of her sister, and the secrecy. Tina has never had a man treat her well, they always seem to take advantage of her condition. So when the nephew comes along and he's a genuinely good guy who treats her well, she can't keep her hands off him.

Incest isn't my bag. Especially incest within the nuclear family. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea of being sexually attracted to someone you grew up around. But then again, my mom didn't look like Pamela Anderson. I can't imagine how her sons managed to grow up without an Oedipus issue.

But the estranged Aunt? That idea could get behind. I had a couple of older cousins that I was very attracted to. The first plan was for the aunt to take advantage of her nephew. Use him to find other young men for some no-strings sex, as her dating life hadn't been all that successful of late. I started writing with that in mind. But as I wrote, it became a lot more about her realizing that she had everything she needed, including love, right there with her nephew. So the story morphed into something a lot more loving and nurturing than I'd originally intended.

No complaints though. I'm happy with the stories and they have been very well received by the readers. I've no other story plans for the I/T category, but I'm glad to have done so, if for no other reason than to tap into that fanbase a little bit.

Rob

I wasn't planning to participate in this WIWAW trend, because I didn't feel that the "why" of my writing was all that interesting. The why is 'I like writing smut' for pretty much all of them.

Aunt Tina though ... is interesting at least to me.

What - Aunt Tina, Recovering Slut is a three-part story in the Incest/Taboo category, about 38K total words. It's about a young serviceman who is in dire straights financially and needs a cheap place to live, off base. He finds out that his estranged Aunt lives in that town. He secretly contacts her and she allows him to move in. Unbeknownst to him, his lovely Aunt suffers from hypersexuality.

Why - My usual gig is the mature category and this story started in my brain as a mom's hot best friend story. When I considered the hot Aunt possibility, the whole story just sort of coalesced in my brain. The conflict, his mother's hatred of her sister, and the secrecy. Tina has never had a man treat her well, they always seem to take advantage of her condition. So when the nephew comes along and he's a genuinely good guy who treats her well, she can't keep her hands off him.

Incest isn't my bag. Especially incest within the nuclear family. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea of being sexually attracted to someone you grew up around. But then again, my mom didn't look like Pamela Anderson. I can't imagine how her sons managed to grow up without an Oedipus issue.

But the estranged Aunt? That idea could get behind. I had a couple of older cousins that I was very attracted to. The first plan was for the aunt to take advantage of her nephew. Use him to find other young men for some no-strings sex, as her dating life hadn't been all that successful of late. I started writing with that in mind. But as I wrote, it became a lot more about her realizing that she had everything she needed, including love, right there with her nephew. So the story morphed into something a lot more loving and nurturing than I'd originally intended.

No complaints though. I'm happy with the stories and they have been very well received by the readers. I've no other story plans for the I/T category, but I'm glad to have done so, if for no other reason than to tap into that fanbase a little bit.

Rob
I read them after reading your post here. Well written and a great story. Thank you.

A few of us have done WIWAWs about specific styles and imagery, why we chose to phrase things in a particular way, how the form reinforces the content.

Personally I think those are the more interesting discussions, both to read and to write. A lot of what I write it very deliberate, of course, but quite often I find myself thinking about the *how* after the fact and analysing my subconscious process. It can be an eye-opener to see how a particular word choice seemed to be an automatic fit for the story or image I was trying to create.

Another story I'll add to my ever growing list.

I appreciate the comments about the estranged aunt thing working better than, say, brother and sister or mom / son.

Because you're right; it's at least a more plausible scenario. And I myself am generally a fan of plausibility.

Well, when I'm not writing about She-Demons and naughty nuns, of course.

Back