what do you do for work?

lavender said:
lilminx -

I had no idea your career. That is so incredible. I have a great admiration and respect for people in your career field

As for me, I'm a career student. :)

Lav - i think you've got the best career of all. I love going to school. i have done night-school for the last few years (as i also work full time:mad:) but there is something about learning new stuff - on top of the fact that you dont have to work for some scum sucking boss!
 
Jobs..

Currently, I make my money by teaching analytical writing at the university level, and by doing occasional odd jobs around campus--right now I'm also grading the papers for a literature class, over the summer I organized the backlog of course materials for a writing program.

In the past I've: waitressed & bartended; worked front desk, night audit, and management for hotels/motels; done phone sex & telephone psychic hotlines; run a typing and copy editing business; coached college debate & public speaking; and worked in video and dime stores.

I like my current job better than any of them, although being a telephone psychic had its moments.
 
Jobs..

Currently, I make my money by teaching analytical writing at the university, and by doing occasional odd jobs around campus--right now I'm also grading the papers for a literature class, over the summer I organized the backlog of course materials for a writing program. I'm also a professional (read, doctoral) student.

In the past I've: waitressed & bartended; worked front desk, night audit, and management for hotels/motels; done phone sex & telephone psychic hotlines; run a typing and copy editing business; coached high school debate & public speaking; and worked in video and dime stores.

I like my current job better than any of them, although being a telephone psychic had its moments.
 
I currently do nothing. I'm a free loader.

Okay, i've been a stay-at-home mommy for awhile (like 5 years) with my little guy but i'm getting ready to go back to work now, and it's only partly cuz i'm losing my mind staying home, too.

In real life, i, too, am a teacher.
I teach 7th and 8th grade science and sex ed, or at least that's what i've taught in the past. We'll see what comes along for me, though.

I have CA teaching credentials in Biological Science, General Science, Earth Science, and Social Science. I ought to be employable since (1) there's a severe teacher shortage in CA and (2) i have lots of experience.

I'm fine tuning my resume as we speak and getting ready to paper it across the CA county to which i'll be returning (from this godawful 2 year exile in WA) in December. Stay tuned for breaking news on the job front...
 
...running an advertising- and marketing-agency with two partners. Start-up in '99.
 
Don't believe anything Dixon tells you

He's really my maid.
 
I just went back to work part time for the Sheriff's Department.

I'm a Dispatcher & Records Clerk. My job doesn't require me to carry a gun......but I do have my own set of handcuffs.;)
 
Zoo keeper. :D



Hey, it's really as zoo here some days! You try living with my kids and taking care of 'em. And around feeding time, it can get pretty ugly.

:)


Ah, the joys of mommyhood!
 
oh, is that so?

Dixon Carter Lee said:
My job was to clean out the tiger cage between performances. Really. No shit.
\

I think there was more than a little shit involved here...tell the truth! :rolleyes:
 
I'm a full fledged SAHM (stay-at-home-mama).

Some days I wonder, "what the fuck did I get myself into having three kids in three year". But, then I see the smiles on my kids faces....I see how smart they are....and then I snap into reality. I am doing one of the best things on earth....being a mama!!! It's frustrating as hell, tiring, grueling and the $$$ pay is close to nothing but I believe my family is getting the best pay back for some of my own sacrifice..

;)

P.S. I am also a writer, photographer and singer.. I'm not published yet but hopefully in a year or two I will be able to find the time to dedicate to my art!
Before kids I was a manager at a Portrait Studio!!
 
Back
Top