This really sux :(

Chapter 12 (or so) of "Angels, Demons and Alex" led off with a little girl whose cat was stuck in a tree.

Unless the little girl had sex with the cat up in that tree, this wasn't a violation. I keep trying to say that. Having characters younger than twelve isn't the point of the rule violation here--and stories aren't automatically rejected for that.

It's hit and miss with the initial computer program. If the underage sex doesn't really occur and the computer program coughs on the possibility that it does, you just resubmit it with a note to the editor.
 
You don't make simple jokes. You were the one attacking--probably thinking you were oh so clever in masking it. And trust you to miss the point. :rolleyes:

You asked a straightforward question; I gave a straightforward answer--and another one. And then you finished your next post with an entirely unnecessary jab. Who do you think you're fooling?

The way for this to stop from you and others is to just stop doing it.

You asked for advice on e-publishing; I gave it; you went off in other directions; I suggested they were the wrong directions; you got huffy; and now you're stuck with what you did. You'll claim you're happy with it--which is OK with me--but you'll also continue stabbing me and trying to twist the knife.

Wow you really are kind of like a jilted lover.

I really just think you don;t get the difference between some playful ball busting and a real "assault"

You do come across as a know it all, others have said it. It's no big thing just a personality trait. I have a sarcastic sense of humor and will always make jokes about those types of traits in you and anyone else. Most people just take it for what it is. Harmless.

If I really thought you were a total prick I wouldn't bother "posting" with you. I think you are wound a bit too tightly.

Oh but hey thanks for the "I don't make simple jokes" remark, makes it sound like you think I'm clever.
 
Last edited:
Chapter 12 (or so) of "Angels, Demons and Alex" led off with a little girl whose cat was stuck in a tree. It was the first scene of said chapter. It was put up on the site without a peep. It remained there until I had the whole series pulled down pending my e-book release. I hadn't thought I was pulling a fast one on anybody -- I genuinely just didn't think about the age issue until it was already on the site.

I presumed that one of three things happened: either the age-screening is done by some sort of program, and the wording somehow eluded the program; a real, live person read the story and decided that there was nothing sexual about it & therefore it was harmless; or it simply didn't get read or screened before it went up.

Not sure what to say. I'm not trying to call anyone out, as I myself agree quite strongly with Literotica's age restriction. You've got to draw a line somewhere, and this particular line isn't the end of the world. I genuinely don't want to read erotica/smut about underage teens. But it doesn't seem to me that "zero tolerance" equates to "zero brains" in this matter, because there are clearly exceptions for one purpose or another.

Don't take this personally but well A) if there was no sex then you were not really breaking a rule anyway, but B) Non human seems to have some slightly different standards going on there. It's an odd category and I think they give it a bit more leeway.
 
Don't take this personally but well A) if there was no sex then you were not really breaking a rule anyway, but B) Non human seems to have some slightly different standards going on there. It's an odd category and I think they give it a bit more leeway.

Sigh. I was wondering how long it would take for you to say this after bashfully posted.

Survey says: Just under twenty minutes. I don't know why you feel the need to constantly malign the non human category. It's kind of a downer.


ETA: Now that I think about it, I don't think Angels was even in non human. So you missed with that one.
 
Last edited:
I really just think you don;t get the difference between some playful ball busting and a real "assault"

Why I think I do. Anyone going back through your posts will find long diatribes against me--expansions on this one right here. They won't find them if they go through the history of my posts. That should probably tell you--and them--something.

You could just stop your periodic telling me off and defining what you think I am in depth.

If anyone's acting the jilted lover, it's you.
 
Sigh. I was wondering how long it would take for you to say this after bashfully posted.

Survey says: Just under twenty minutes. I don't know why you feel the need to constantly malign the non human category. It's kind of a downer.

Why is that a differing opinion is always maligning. If everyone agreed on everything we would just be a bunch of bobble heads.

That is an odd category and I think they are a little fuzzy over there. Non humans don't act like humans and have different attributes so maybe they feel they add "realism" by letting a few things slide.

Hell I got away with something so ridiculous here that I'm afriad to mention it because I don't want the story pulled months later so I'm not condemning just making a statement.

And the over under for you responding to any of my shit stirring posts is usually under ten minutes. Including the one where you were telling me to edit a post that I was editing as you were typing.

You are on me faster than my wife.:D
 
Why I think I do. Anyone going back through your posts will find long diatribes against me--expansions on this one right here. They won't find them if they go through the history of my posts. That should probably tell you--and them--something.

You could just stop your periodic telling me off and defining what you think I am in depth.

If anyone's acting the jilted lover, it's you.

That's right that's what it is! We have one of those love hate secret crush relationships!

This one is for you!

I don't like you, but I love you
Seems that I'm always thinkin' of you
You treat me badly, I love you madly
You've really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)
You really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)

Baby, I don't want you, but I need you
Don't wanna kiss you, but I need to
You do me wrong now, my love is strong now
You've really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)
You really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)

Baby, I love you and all I want you to do
Is just hold me, hold me, hold me, hole me
Tighter, tighter

I wanna leave you, don't wanna stay here
Don't wanna spend another day here
I wanna split now, I can't quit now

You've really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)
You really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)

Baby, I love you and all I want you to do
Is just hold me, hold me, hold me, hole me
(Please, squeeze)

You really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)
I said you really got a hold on me
(I said you really got a hold on me)
You know, you really got a hold on me
(You know, you really got a hold on me)
You know, you really got a hold on me
(You know, you really got a hold on me)

I said you really got a hold on me
(I said you really got a hold on me)
You know, you really got a hold on me
(You know, you really got a hold on me)
 
Why is that a differing opinion is always maligning. If everyone agreed on everything we would just be a bunch of bobble heads.

That is an odd category and I think they are a little fuzzy over there. Non humans don't act like humans and have different attributes so maybe they feel they add "realism" by letting a few things slide.

Hell I got away with something so ridiculous here that I'm afriad to mention it because I don't want the story pulled months later so I'm not condemning just making a statement.

And the over under for you responding to any of my shit stirring posts is usually under ten minutes. Including the one where you were telling me to edit a post that I was editing as you were typing.

You are on me faster than my wife.:D

It has nothing to do with agreement on a matter of opinion. It has to do with being wrong about a category's rules. You choose to believe that authors are allowed to write underage in non human, which is wrong.

I've been informed that I have a strict 7:45 cut-off from the computer tonight. So I have to use my time until then, and be snappy in my replies. :D
 
Sigh. I was wondering how long it would take for you to say this after bashfully posted.
Survey says: Just under twenty minutes. I don't know why you feel the need to constantly malign the non human category. It's kind of a downer.
ETA: Now that I think about it, I don't think Angels was even in non human. So you missed with that one.

Correct. Sci-fi/Fantasy. :)

And yes, I included this to illustrate much the same point you were making, SR.
 
It has nothing to do with agreement on a matter of opinion. It has to do with being wrong about a category's rules. You choose to believe that authors are allowed to write underage in non human, which is wrong.

I've been informed that I have a strict 7:45 cut-off from the computer tonight. So I have to use my time until then, and be snappy in my replies. :D

Computer curfew? Oh that bites! Oh well enjoy the rest of your evening then. I am sure I'll post something dumb another time when you are not limited.;)
 
I started as my characters were children just as children behave absolutely no sexual activity until after 18 and it automatically got rejected. :( I'll try to resubmit with an opening that all characters are 18 and over. *sigh* let's see if that does the trick :/
 
I started as my characters were children just as children behave absolutely no sexual activity until after 18 and it automatically got rejected. :( I'll try to resubmit with an opening that all characters are 18 and over. *sigh* let's see if that does the trick :/

Why don't you try first submitting it as is with an explanation in the notes box that the story was rejected for underage but that there is no underage sex in it (if there really isn't)?

We're trying to tell you that the story, if it's as you describe, isn't what the problem is. The automatic scan program most likely is the problem. (And if you don't put something in the notes box, it could just reject it again.) You probably don't have to change your story; you probably only need for the story to be reviewed by a human editor.

And you might make sure that your ages are spelled out rather than in figures. They should be anyway.
 
Correct. Sci-fi/Fantasy. :)

And yes, I included this to illustrate much the same point you were making, SR.

last time I looked Angels, and Demons were not human but things may have changed. I have no problem with nonhuman.

I started a thread a few weeks ago stating that they must be able to get away with more in non human/horror stories because I found one that had a 15 year old girl having sex in it.

It was blatant to the point that every public comment stated it and several people complained yet it stayed. I complained about it in a pm to Manu when I saw it at the same time there was a huge underage stink in an "incest is best" thread in the playground.

They had to edit a ton of posts (with good reason) and there were a few crack pots threatening to report a bunch of people and it was a bunch of drama. Yet in the middle of this here is this story untouched for months. Even after complaints.

I was in one of those moods and decided I wanted it removed. So I started a "must be different in the nonhuman category"

I sat there and took all kinds of heat but coincidentally that day the story got removed.

The story needed to be pulled because these are one of those things that some bible thumping puritan asshole with a bug up his ass sees it and next thing to know lit is under fire and we all pay a price.

So don't buy everything you hear. Sometimes things are not as simple as they seem.
 
last time I looked Angels, and Demons were not human but things may have changed. I have no problem with nonhuman.

The angels and demons in my story were quite human to my thinking. They had human faces. They had human feelings. They had human naughty bits. I thought of the story as something fantastical (urban fantasy, really), so I put it in sci-fi/fantasy.

There was one werewolf -- one -- and she was in it for like five minutes, and didn't get laid at all (for which numerous readers have never forgiven me! :) ). There were vampires, too, but I think vampires totally suck, so they got no nookie at all.

Categorization is a choice that a writer on this site has to make. A reader pointed out that "Angels, Demons and Alex" hit more than half of the standard story categories. The same could be said for a great number of stories on Literotica. (Seriously, you reach out into the dark during a threesome and grab on to one wrong bit of flesh and it's "blah blah blah Gay Male blah blah" forever...)
 
Why don't you try first submitting it as is with an explanation in the notes box that the story was rejected for underage but that there is no underage sex in it (if there really isn't)?

We're trying to tell you that the story, if it's as you describe, isn't what the problem is. The automatic scan program most likely is the problem. (And if you don't put something in the notes box, it could just reject it again.) You probably don't have to change your story; you probably only need for the story to be reviewed by a human editor.

And you might make sure that your ages are spelled out rather than in figures. They should be anyway.

Yes I did put a note to the editor hope it works! wish me luck :)
 
I was in one of those moods and decided I wanted it removed. So I started a "must be different in the nonhuman category"

I sat there and took all kinds of heat but coincidentally that day the story got removed.

But just because you started that doesn't mean it's true. You can't judge a category by one story. I've found a couple of stories that included underage sex -- not in nonhuman -- but I'm not going to say, hey, it must be easier to flout the rules in that category.

You found one example in one category, and you made some noise and got it removed. Fine. Let the rest of it alone.
 
I started as my characters were children just as children behave absolutely no sexual activity until after 18 and it automatically got rejected. :( I'll try to resubmit with an opening that all characters are 18 and over. *sigh* let's see if that does the trick :/

I wondered whether the first chapter of my first submission would be accepted or not. I had siblings of different sexes exploring each other's bodies. But I was very careful to point out that their motive was curiosity and that really sexual behavior was not possible for kids that age. And I explicitly refused to develop some of the details, pointing out that writing or possessing such things is a felony. For details, see the story itself: Charlie and Mindy. It's in Incest/Taboo, and the link is to the first chapter of the first book in the story.

--CarlusMagnus
 
Last edited:
I don't believe that's true. Can you point to the law that says so?


I think you're probably right. I rechecked the laws in the jurisdictions I'd looked at earlier, and I missed an important word in the definition of "sexual exploitation of children". It involves visual depiction of certain acts or body parts; I read too quickly and I missed the word "visual".

It isn't at all clear whether the depictions must involve an actual child, though.

--CarlusMagnus
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I was in doubt, for one reason, because I had recently read Skipped parts by Tim Sandlin, (published by Sourcebooks Landmark--4 1/2 stars on Amazon) which is about sex between two 13 year olds.
 
Back
Top