The Silent Comments

I love it when the apparently random Follow, Favorite, or comment appears. My top-rated Christmas story received a very complimentary but completely unexpected comment (the 9th) yesterday that might be attributed to someone checking the top list in its category (between 200 and 250 the last time I checked), but two others have received a favorite that might be due to checking them out from my current story, from a tag cross reference, being on an old event list, or possibly from the Random Stories list in a particular category. Personally, I really don't care how they found the story they like but just hope they'll consider checking out another one and, hopefully, liking it too.
Yeah, I picked up a slew of comments on my older stories from my recent entry in the Winter Contest. That was kind of nice. Sort of like an unexpected gift.

Vast swathes of Literotica rely on Schrodinger’s Consent to function.

Em
True fact: the internet is largely the result of Victorian steampunk technology that relies on the ability of cats to function as both a particle and a wave, owing to their liquidity and willingness to climb into boxes for science.
6fyqyp.gif

How dare you shame their alien kinks!!!!

Hey, if a being of any species hurts someone and I can do something about it… I will do it. I’ve depicted certain kinks negative ways in my stories many times- nonconsensual stuff- and I intend to continue. It’s part of my ethics. You can believe me or not.

I have a basic question. When somebody 'favorites' a story or 'follows' you, does that mean it alerts them when you post a new story? I have never followed anybody, nor do I have any favorites.

I do use this feature when I get a comment or a favorite or a follow or some such thing to see what or who else are on the list. That gives me ideas of a reading list. Better than tags.

I have a basic question. When somebody 'favorites' a story or 'follows' you, does that mean it alerts them when you post a new story? I have never followed anybody, nor do I have any favorites.

I do use this feature when I get a comment or a favorite or a follow or some such thing to see what or who else are on the list. That gives me ideas of a reading list. Better than tags.

Follows, yes. Unsure about favorites.

The dashboard does give alerts when followed authors post a new story, update their profiles, etc. I will have to let someone else field the favorites part of your question, though.

Perhaps it's my doubts about the internet in general, but I tend to believe a good number of "so-called" Favorites are destined to be copied and presented to some web-site that makes a profit on the stories. No way to prove that, but I very rarely see any reason to add a story to Favorites. The exception would be long stories and Chapter style stories.

As to abundent flowing comments; I gave up on that hope years ago.
There are some that are good enough that I want to come back and read them again.

Honestly, if my stories were helping alien spacecraft pilots get off? I'd be pretty proud of myself.
If there's alien ships flying around up there, I'd prefer they keep all four hands on the steering wheel.

The dashboard does give alerts when followed authors post a new story, update their profiles, etc. I will have to let someone else field the favorites part of your question, though.
There is a Favorites Hub accessible off the main page. It has a filter and shows stories based on how many favorite votes it has. Kinda cool. Never knew it was there until I looked.

There is a Favorites Hub accessible off the main page. It has a filter and shows stories based on how many favorite votes it has. Kinda cool. Never knew it was there until I looked.
Well, that's informative. The overwhelming favorite category here is Incest/Taboo.

True fact: the internet is largely the result of Victorian steampunk technology that relies on the ability of cats to function as both a particle and a wave, owing to their liquidity and willingness to climb into boxes for science.
6fyqyp.gif
Is that Jenny's ultimate fate? (I'm a little behind)

I expect I am not alone in noticing people who tend to bookmark/favorite our stories but never leave a comment or otherwise interact with the author. This is not a complaint thread, though, as I don't have any particular angst about that, and might even prefer it to certain alternatives related to toxic fans. Instead, I was wondering if anyone else finds themselves making up stories about the silent admirers based on their user names, avatars, or any other tidbits of information they included in their profiles. A couple of mine seem to pounce very soon after things are posted most days, and I've started imagining them as rivals at an auction for some reason.
Anyone else?
I certainly do see if there's a way to contact them, either by commenting on one of their stories (almost none have published) or by DMing them in the forum if they have ever posted here. Almost no luck, because they aren't present in those ways.

Back