The Second Amendment for Dummies.

Again, hearken back to Federalist 29 and the Constitution. The Founders never intended for there to be a perpetual standing Army. They saw that as a threat to the Republic. In Article One we read that the Army is to be funded for no more than 2 years. In #29 we read that the militia is intended to be an antidote to an Army used for nefarious purposes.

There was always a danger in instituting and 'all volunteer' standing Army. The political class could indoctrinate (as we are seeing today) said Army and turn it against the civilian population. The idea behind conscription (the draft) was that there would be an Army made up of citizen soldiers that would serve for a finite period of time and then return to their lives among the civilian population. I, for one, would not be against a return of the draft.

The federally underwritten college industrial complex would welcome the return of the draft too...

Those with money would pay to go to college and avoid the draft and those who couldn't afford to pay to dodge the draft would be given government money to dodge the draft and colleges would just keep producing dumb and dumber graduates to keep the cash coming in to fund their general anti-American "education."

The 4 Cs raise their ugly head again.

I remember my last draft number. :D

I forgot how small the print is in my copy of The Federalist.

I downloaded it so that I could set the print to any size that I like.
I also have a soft-cover hard copy of it.
That seems a little yin-yang.
Soft-Hard...

Don't insult my mule.

I find the intersection of pro-abortion and anti-gun advocates to be fascinating.

It seems that those who fall towards the extreme on abortion rights also tend to fall on the extreme of gun banning.
The extreme abort rights advocates are OK with killing babies just don’t use a gun!

I'm torn. I am a big fan of some sort of service for all young people but not a fan of mandatory.

I'm not sure if it would do more harm than good, even though not much good is coming from not asking our youth to do something for their country instead of demanding that it do something for them other than simply see to security, foreign and domestic.
Sounds familiar! Some guy said something in the sixties!

Fewer than the number of 2A grievance threads that have been running on this board.

Show me one.
v1ZzDG.gif

I'm torn. I am a big fan of some sort of service for all young people but not a fan of mandatory.

I'm not sure if it would do more harm than good, even though not much good is coming from not asking our youth to do something for their country instead of demanding that it do something for them other than simply see to security, foreign and domestic.

It's not possible given the way the Constitution is written, but I've always believed that military service should be a prerequisite for the ability to vote. No military service = no vote.

It would end a lot of the Lefty bullshit almost instantly. As for LBGT's, let them serve too. However, no changes to uniform dress allowed, biological sex = uniform dress code requirements. Same deal with religious types - religion doesn't trump uniform or grooming standards.

It's not possible given the way the Constitution is written, but I've always believed that military service should be a prerequisite for the ability to vote. No military service = no vote.

It would end a lot of the Lefty bullshit almost instantly. As for LBGT's, let them serve too. However, no changes to uniform dress allowed, biological sex = uniform dress code requirements. Same deal with religious types - religion doesn't trump uniform or grooming standards.
What about bone spurs?

Please extend my sincerest apologies to your equine companion.

For a long damned time, Finland had (and may still) mandatory military service. If we had such a thing for militia service, perhaps the weak-boweled hoplophobes would have an opportuity to face their baseless fears and cultivate an appreciation for the awesome responsibility that being a US citizen conveys. Oh, and be less skeert of firearms.

I'm not scared of firearms.

I'm scared of the irresponsible jackasses who are only vaguely aware of which end the 'bang!' comes out of.

I'm not scared of firearms.

I'm scared of the irresponsible jackasses who are only vaguely aware of which end the 'bang!' comes out of.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I'm a fan of education and familiarization.

Yeah, but they had DISSENTS!

There are always right-thinking Justices overruled by the crazy justices of the right,
WHICH IS WHY WE HAVE TO PACK THE COURT!
^
(Quoted for posterity and stupidity)

The Court has ALREADY been packed by "republicans" in the most blatantly corrupt manner possible.

That ^ hasn’t been forgotten, and NEVER WILL be forgotten.

Hope that ^ helps.

👍

👉 JoeSodaPop 🤣

🇺🇸

Last edited:
You don’t exactly explain yourself well here. Education for????
You know, trying to educate where the bang end is. The lapses in logic of most MAGA voters is always epic, of course they wouldn’t be sure where the bang end is.

You people act like there is no Venn intersection other than that of a gun owner and a Trump supporter.

A lot of black Democrats are gun owners too. Add Native Americans to that list.

Now, I wonder, why the fuck is that? Those nine little words of fear?

Oh yeah, I have Nines too...

Big city women are beginning to pack too.

I think there might be an interesting Venn diagram between that and the anti-gun people who also want to defund the police.

Big city women are beginning to pack too.

I think there might be an interesting Venn diagram between that and the anti-gun people who also want to defund the police.
I think you'll find more than a casual relationship there.

Back