THE NEW CHYOO (with link)! Also, what features should be part of an updated CHYOO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd Thread Bug

I know there have been a lot of threads failing to show up in the story map, but I've got one that appears in the wrong place.

In the story Restless Sleep the order shown in the map is
16.2. Lesbian Surprise
__17.1. yes she did
____18.1. Beautifully
__17.2. Don't risk it

The correct order, which is shown if you actually follow the links in the story is
16.2. Lesbian Surprise
__17.1. yes she did
__17.2. Don't risk it
____18.1. Beautifully

I'm just hoping it might help determine why the site is screwing the thread order up since this is a different symptom than not showing up at all.

Does anyone know what the process is for getting threads deleted when they accidentally double post?

I'm working on one of my stories now, and just had that issue.

If a moderator or someone needs to know which ones, I have noted in the threads.

First off, I just want to say hello. :)
I'm 88naughtystories, but you can just call me 88 or naughty for short. ...Ok maybe 88. I have not posted on here before, though I've been a reader of chyoo for quite a long time now.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could get the original Hidden Feelings deleted? I had trouble accessing my account during the transition from chyoo2 and essentially said F*** it and just reuploaded my story again under a different name.

If not, that's ok. It was just kinda bugging me.

---Author or Hidden Feelings (updated)

Thanks, Friedman.

It was completely my fault, so I will try not to work on anything while sick as a dog in the future so these things don't happen again...

I noticed that in Manage > My Threads that it's not being updated with new threads I have added (at least for a few days or a week) but any threads that are edited will be updated.

There is no user interface at the moment. But you can link to another thread using the following syntax. Just type "#LINKTO {THREAD ID}" into the text field and the user will be redirected to the specified thread (for example, "#LINKTO 39493"). You can look up the thread id under "Manage stories". I hope this helps for now.

Is it possible to have an unique color for threads that are links in the story map?

How often do story tags get collected?

Dear Friedman,

How often are story tags collected from a story's various threads and included on the list on the title page and/or indexed for searchability?

Sincerely,

-- Z.

How often are story tags collected from a story's various threads and included on the list on the title page and/or indexed for searchability

Tags are/should be collected at least once a week at the moment. Newer stories are updated faster than older ones. After this has happened the tags immediately appear on the cover of the story. The relevancy search index for the stories is build every hour. For the threads it is once a day.

But I see that this needs improvement. I'm planning to integrate ElasticSearch to build the index. This should speed things up.

Last edited:
Guys if you need some help with the new site just ask (anyone)
Personally I cannot code but I could prepare the pages on the rules\functioning or consider being a mod.

gl

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but is there a way to download entire stories and their threads? If not any other methods one can suggest?

A little suggestion:
When I log in, I always get redirected to the front page. Could you please change it that way, that only the site I look at will be reloaded?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but is there a way to download entire stories and their threads? If not any other methods one can suggest?
For the old chyoo I used the firefox extension "scrapbook", starting from a "story map" page.
Then you can basically view the story offline clicking on the links on the story map.

A couple of issues with a story’s map:
Story map: https://chyoa.com/story/an-evil-witch-in-the-modern-world/map
Problems with it:
1) This thread is completely missing from the map
2) The bottom of the map looks like this:
3.4. Richard Awake, as he contemplates his options and his loyalties.
4.1. Go help Susan Wendalson
5.1. Go help Maria Baconi <- this one appears at the wrong spot on the map
4.2. Go help Kelly Bilden

It should look like this:
3.4. Richard Awake, as he contemplates his options and his loyalties.
4.1. Go help Susan Wendalson
4.2. Go help Kelly Bilden
4.3. Go help Maria Baconi <- this is the correct spot on the map

Because all three of the "Go help..." threads are a follow-up to this one

EDIT: As of now it's fixed. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think there is something wrong with the view counter, i noticed when my story wasn't getting any views but i confirmed it by looking at another story, i even rated and commented on it just to make sure.

Guys sorry to bother you but I haven't seen news on the site in months...just out of curiosity, is the development still going on?

Thanks.

Guys sorry to bother you but I haven't seen news on the site in months...just out of curiosity, is the development still going on?

Thanks.

Sure, development is still going on. Can you enable private messaging? I'd like to talk with you about the site.

Wow I disappear for a little while and find out that there is a new chyoo?!?! Thank you Fried for your efforts :) I will have to check it out. Just something i noticed, not sure if its just me or not, but some of the stories, where there should be an apostrophe or a parenthesis, there is a question mark instead. Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:
help on transfering old bookmarks

I had loged in with my old chyoo.com acc. and pass. but i don't see any old bookmarks i have saved on the old site. also i don't see any option to migrate/transfer bookmarks from old chyoo to new chyoo acc. can anyone help me on this as i have many many many stories bookmarked and i don't want to lose them.

New Chyoo Forum

During the last days I was busy setting up a new forum and connecting it to the website. I have decided to go this step, as there are continuously problems with the communication between Literotica and the forum here.

With the introduction of the new Chyoo forum it is now also possible to send messages to other users under the known username.

Since Kaitou has done a great job, I'm glad that he remains a moderator.

You can access the forum through http://forum.chyoa.com and log in with your Chyoo login credentials.

If you have suggestions for new sub-forums or categories, please let me know.

Users with the same email address but different usernames (a relic of the old Chyoo) have only one login for the forum. Only one of your usernames works. Users whose username was an email address, have a username without the TLD suffix. If you can't log in, write me.

I am happy about your comments and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back