The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm well. My muse appears either to have taken an extended holiday or been hit by a bus, but other than that, nothing's changed.

I think that bus came by my way first. But I'm just the opposite. I think if I were writing, I wouldn't be hanging out here. At least not so much! :(

I'm going to try to read a lot this summer. I'm hoping that inspires me.

I'm having sangria. What can I get you?

Drip Honey, if you want a good isnpirational writer try Holly blacks book Tithe and those ones like that...they are YA but so amazingly deep... I don't know how to explain it but they always inspire me.

Drip Honey, if you want a good isnpirational writer try Holly blacks book Tithe and those ones like that...they are YA but so amazingly deep... I don't know how to explain it but they always inspire me.

Thank you. :)

I have about 2 years of pleasure reading to make up and my list is longer than my summer. (So what the hell am I doing here!?! :rolleyes:)

I'm bowing out, folks. This week is tv/movie catch up week and the night got away from me. I'm going to watch the beginning episodes of 24 and see if it makes more sense. I usually like that sort of thing.

Hang in there Starrkers. It'll come back. :rose: At least that's what I keep telling myself!

"Night Driphoney.
I'm hoping I'lll lure her back when (if?) I ever move out of this damned caravan and into the house.

"Night Driphoney.
I'm hoping I'lll lure her back when (if?) I ever move out of this damned caravan and into the house.

is a caravan a trailer? Cause ive been hearing that and to me it means like a covered wagon with lots of gypsies...

Wanders in and seeing that no-one is about, settles down by the fire to read. Prod me if anyone else comes in, eh?

is a caravan a trailer? Cause ive been hearing that and to me it means like a covered wagon with lots of gypsies...

Yes, outside of the US (other colonial countries and the UK) a caravan usually means a mobile home. :rolleyes:

Wanders in and seeing that no-one is about, settles down by the fire to read. Prod me if anyone else comes in, eh?

Beastie!!

*runs, jumps in lap and throws arms around neck*

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

How are you? :)

Yes, outside of the US (other colonial countries and the UK) a caravan usually means a mobile home. :rolleyes:

To me, a trailer is a smallish two wheeled cargo trailer folk use to take old fridges to the skip.

Beastie!!

*runs, jumps in lap and throws arms around neck*

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

How are you? :)

Jumps up, holding Driphoney by the waist and spins her round!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Just been online shopping for a new bicycle tyre. Here's why:

BikeTyre.jpg

When you can stick your finger through it, you know it's pretty well knackered! Ah well, it's done over 6,000 miles, which isn't bad for a bicycle tyre.

To me, a trailer is a smallish two wheeled cargo trailer folk use to take old fridges to the skip.

Jumps up, holding Driphoney by the waist and spins her round!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Just been online shopping for a new bicycle tyre. Here's why:

BikeTyre.jpg

When you can stick your finger through it, you know it's pretty well knackered! Ah well, it's done over 6,000 miles, which isn't bad for a bicycle tyre.

6,000 miles is impressive! Wow.

We would use the word 'trailer' in that manner, also. ;)

*places hand on Beastie's cheek and smiles into his eyes*

Let me serve you a drink. What would you enjoy?

English to American translation: "skip" = Dumpster; tyre = tire; knackered = tired, worn out, dead. The knackerman used to be the one who came and carted off the old dead horses to the clue factory. At least that's what James Harriot said. ;)

6,000 miles is impressive! Wow.

We would use the word 'trailer' in that manner, also. ;)

*places hand on Beastie's cheek and smiles into his eyes*

Let me serve you a drink. What would you enjoy?

English to American translation: "skip" = Dumpster; tyre = tire; knackered = tired, worn out, dead. The knackerman used to be the one who came and carted off the old dead horses to the clue factory. At least that's what James Harriot said. ;)

Ooh, I'd like a perry, please.

I cycle on average 2000 miles a year, and that tyre has been on the bike since new.

And your glossary would need to be a three way Scots - UK English - US English to cope with me!

How are you, anyway?

Ooh, I'd like a perry, please.

I cycle on average 2000 miles a year, and that tyre has been on the bike since new.

And your glossary would need to be a three way Scots - UK English - US English to cope with me!

How are you, anyway?

*runs to dictionary, looks up 'perry' surreptitiously behind bar, races to make drink*

*hands drink over*

I'm good, thanks. :)

Nah, we don't want to give alway all your secrets. They can guess the Scots. ;)

I'd like to order a round of cosmos for everyone, except Beastie, who prefers his sparkling water.

Last edited:
You're teasing me LOL The only slang I didn't know was caravan sorry, usually I'm fluent in colloquialisms

*runs to dictionary, looks up 'perry' surreptitiously behind bar, races to make drink*

*hands drink over*

I'm good, thanks. :)

Nah, we don't want to give alway all your secrets. They can guess the Scots. ;)

Pear cider. Lovely. Slightly less sharp than apple cider.

I live close to one of the cider areas of the UK. Nip into Herefordshire and there are orchards and farms selling their own stuff as well as the larger brewery in Hereford itself. And Hereford Cathedral library has the famous "cider bible," a 14th century translation of the bible from Latin into English where strong drink has been rendered as cider!

Hello, Naked People! :)

Happy Thursday! I've just finished supper and am settled on the couch with a large glass of merlot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back