The Isolated Politics Blurt Thread I: A New Beginning

manchin on making sure congress actually does what it's meant to do: its job

"There's got to be something that influences, inspires them, penalties, something to make us do our job," Manchin told Newsweek. "So, from the leadership on down, if you don't get it done, there ought to be automatic withholding of your pay or some sort of cuts that no one wants to endure, some penalty."

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-manchin-has-plan-congress-pay-need-inspire-them-1875216

https://apnews.com/article/trump-pr...ral-election-4a64d34b6d74e167cf6b256784c841c0

A chunk of Republican primary and caucus voters say they wouldn’t vote for Trump as the GOP nominee​

A small but substantial chunk of Republican primary and caucus voters say they would be so dissatisfied if Donald Trump became the party’s presidential nominee that they would not vote for him in November’s general election, according to AP VoteCast. An analysis of the data shows that many of those voters were unlikely to vote for Trump, some even before this year, but it still points to potential problems for the former president as he looks to consolidate the nomination and pivot toward an expected rematch with Democratic President Joe Biden.

According to AP VoteCast surveys of the first three head-to-head Republican contests, 2 in 10 Iowa voters, one-third of New Hampshire voters, and one-quarter of South Carolina voters would be so disappointed by Trump’s renomination that they would refuse to vote for him in the fall.

This unwillingness to contemplate a presidential vote for Trump isn’t confined to voters in the earliest states.

and again with CNN's coverage... i lost count of the number of times they referred to our current POTUS as 'Joe Biden' or just 'Biden', and yet called trump 'ex-president Trump' almost exclusively.

now i know the president has made a point of saying "Just call me Joe", but if they can use the titular for trump, they damned well should be using it for our current president.

and again with CNN's coverage... i lost count of the number of times they referred to our current POTUS as 'Joe Biden' or just 'Biden', and yet called trump 'ex-president Trump' almost exclusively.

now i know the president has made a point of saying "Just call me Joe", but if they can use the titular for trump, they damned well should be using it for our current president.

CNN knows that referring to him as “President Biden” triggers the fuck out of the right leaning viewers they’ve been trying to attract since those right leaning viewers abandoned Faux "news".

Ratings rule, so…“Joe Biden”, or, “Biden” it is…

😑

Last edited:
ex con who served 25 years for attempted murder, became a client advocate for the Queens Defenders Office, and said the following on joe rogan's podcast:

“One thing I learned really really quickly when I got to prison was that prison does two things to you: it brings out the best or it brings out the worst”

He was arraigned Thursday for having a man's torso in his apartment, but kept the head, legs and arms nicely chilled in his fridge. He says it wasn't him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...&cvid=5c78e743b5d549fa8f1b2cad6b6b7199&ei=134

Ever see a picture of the Orangutan and get the urge to say 'Right turn, Clyde'?

Ever see a picture of the Orangutan and get the urge to say 'Right turn, Clyde'?
nope... but that's because i've always had a fond spot for orangutans, with their gentle, wise eyes.

when i see trump, i'm always reminded of a porcine creature, a bloated, insane wild pig

Robert DeNiro on trump:

"The guy is a total monster."

"He's such a mean, hateful, nasty person," he added. "I'd never play him as an actor because I can't see any good in him. Nothing. Nothing at all, nothing redeemable to him."

"He's a sociopathic, psychopathic, malignant narcissist. He is a dangerous person,"

"If he wins the election, you won't have a show anymore. He'll come after me,"

"I never wanted to know him. He's an idiot."

"He was a clown in New York... he's a classic bully."

"He's got to be stopped."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...1&cvid=838118e670f943a6bfed8b6c1d7767df&ei=30

Back