The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXVII: You're Welcome, Fuckers

Don't think I've seen Cosmo Jarvis in anything else, but in Shogun his voice was very reminiscent of Richard Burton.

I realize that movies cannot really do the stories that books tell justice. And Clavell weaves an interesting story.

It’s based on the book. In the TV series they’ve missed some of the players and key events. Worth a watch though.

There's a lot of that going on. I have had to deal with two obituaries today and one last week for colleagues. I don't like having to do this.
Sorry to read this.
Yes, I have written so many condolences in the past few years, I’ve lost count.

Speaking of the dead…
Happy Birthday Byron! I miss you.

#####
Just found I am to be the functioning brain for an outdoor memorial service tomorrow. Someone else better be doing the eulogy!
They have a venue, no food or drinks but I’m not sure what else.
At least they will have things I can eat.

was out there earlyish (9am) and got the circular potato bed earthed up again. had to get it done before the sun hit it full force and still came in all sweaty and nassssty.
when i checked last week, the potatoes in there are marble-sized and doing nicely.

They think it's stress related...load of crap
That's their automatic response. Like when an archeologist finds a structure they can't explain, It's always for ritualistic purposes...

At least they didn't find a large festering mass, or something. It sucks when you just want some relief and get told to suck it up.

No wife of 3 kids is ever going to behave like that. She's too tired.

Unless the kids are grown and out of the house, you're stupid story is that.....a story and not one iota of truth.

That's their automatic response. Like when an archeologist finds a structure they can't explain, It's always for ritualistic purposes...

At least they didn't find a large festering mass, or something. It sucks when you just want some relief and get told to suck it up.

I'm now actually leaning towards the meds they have put me on since both have these side affects and when I stopped two days before the pain weirdly got quiet.

I'm still getting a prostate poked because family history but I am glad they didn't find anything.

Stress as an answer was bullshit and we both knew it was. I'd rather he have said I don't know

Back