The CNN Debate......

Some of this is definitely the Trump factor. The rest I don't know. I'm curious how the Fox news numbers stacked up historically. With CNN this wasn't record setting this was record shattering. I'm used to records being broken, every summer since forever has had a new movie setting a new record for biggest opening weekend or biggest night one or this that or the other. Hell this year the Avengers came along and set it and then Jurassic World was like "Nope, I'll take that thank you!" and all it means really is that there are more people in the world today than there were yesterday. But this? Holy fuck it set the record by millions and millions.

http://www.ibtimes.com/cnn-republic...matches-fox-news-almost-23-million-tv-2102256

Good gawd there is a lot of stupid going on here...

Ron Paul had nothing at all to do with the origins of the Tea Party or the directions it took. That genesis was some financial analyst melting down on television which ignited a fire among the frustrated. The pure hateful ad hominem is thick in here. What people will say when they make a purposeful decision to neither study or think.

:(

You know that Trump has come to grips with that fact that he has peaked because he's fundraising for PACs that are one person, Veterans for a Strong America, and the amount of times he's mentioning the Art of the Deal has gone up exponentially.

Then you better find someone to replace Trump with, cuz the others aint impressing anyone.

Its like this America wants a stud, and Donald's the lone heterosexual in a crowd of fags.

Good gawd there is a lot of stupid going on here...

Ron Paul had nothing at all to do with the origins of the Tea Party or the directions it took. That genesis was some financial analyst melting down on television which ignited a fire among the frustrated. The pure hateful ad hominem is thick in here. What people will say when they make a purposeful decision to neither study or think.
:(

At least you're consistent about not knowing what you're talking about Gump.
FYI: 2007 comes before 2009.

Ron Paul Tea Party 2007
More Details about 2007 Tea Party

Peter Santelli Tea Party Rant 2009

Last edited:
At least you're consistent about not knowing what you're talking about Gump.
FYI: 2007 comes before 2009.

Ron Paul Tea Party 2007
More Details about 2007 Tea Party

Peter Santelli Tea Party Rant 2009

The movement began following Barack Obama's first presidential inauguration (in January 2009) when his administration announced plans to give financial aid to bankrupt homeowners. Following calls by Rick Santelli for a "tea party" by Chicago bond-dealers,[11][12] conservative groups coalesced around the idea of protesting against Obama's agenda and a series a of protests took place, including the 2009 Taxpayer March on Washington. Supporters of the movement subsequently had a major impact on the internal politics of the Republican Party.

The movement's name refers to the Boston Tea Party of December 16, 1773, a turning-point in the American struggle for independence from Great Britain.[13][14][15][16] The original Tea Party protesters demonstrated against taxation by the British without political representation for the American colonists, and references to the Boston Tea Party occurred in Tax Day protests held in the 1990s and before.[17][18][19][20]
Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

It began in 2009.

You're trying to claim that Ron Paul invented it in 2007 before the crash.

[voice=Major Payne] Who's the dummy now?" [/voice]

:rolleyes: Who the fuck is PETER??? Your sources suck...

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. ..you copy and pasted but didn't leave a link to the source and have the audacity to call someone else a dummy? Ow. . .mah brain.

When you google, or do most other searches on a generic topic like "tea party," then Wiki will almost always be your top source.

The "link" is a redundancy that smart people understand. I did, indeed cite Wiki.

Are you saying that I was conversing with somebody too stupid to understand private Pyle?

No, I'm saying among other things you committed plagiarism. Wiki doesn't dominate everybody's search but even if it did I shouldn't assume things, you should leave your cite and your link so I can find it. Don't blame me for your short comings.

Here's your consolation prize.

Remove user from ignore listSean Renaud
This message is hidden because Sean Renaud is on your ignore list.

I don't have time for the obsessed and the trolling.

Not really since now you just posted a link and no information. Have heard of the edit button because that other post is still non cited and thus presented as your own work.

The movement began following Barack Obama's first presidential inauguration (in January 2009) when his administration announced plans to give financial aid to bankrupt homeowners. Following calls by Rick Santelli for a "tea party" by Chicago bond-dealers,[11][12] conservative groups coalesced around the idea of protesting against Obama's agenda and a series a of protests took place, including the 2009 Taxpayer March on Washington. Supporters of the movement subsequently had a major impact on the internal politics of the Republican Party.

The movement's name refers to the Boston Tea Party of December 16, 1773, a turning-point in the American struggle for independence from Great Britain.[13][14][15][16] The original Tea Party protesters demonstrated against taxation by the British without political representation for the American colonists, and references to the Boston Tea Party occurred in Tax Day protests held in the 1990s and before.[17][18][19][20]
Wiki

It began in 2009.

You're trying to claim that Ron Paul invented it in 2007 before the crash.

[voice=Major Payne] Who's the dummy now?" [/voice]

:rolleyes: Who the fuck is PETER??? Your sources suck...

Did you have a seizure or something? I provided a link to the 2009 Santelli rant that you referred to AND The Ron Paul 2007 videos proving that he started it TWO YEARS EARLIER!!!

This is a perfect example when I wrote that people try to retcon the real origin of the Tea Party.

Honestly Gump...Wow.
What other revisionist history do you believe in?

We never landed on the moon.
Jews were not executed by the millions in WW2.

:rolleyes:

" Paul has described himself as a Constitutional conservative and a supporter of the Tea Party movement, and has advocated for a balanced budget amendment, term limits, and privacy reform."

"A supporter of the Tea Party movement,[160][161] Paul has described himself as a "constitutional conservative".[162] He is generally described as a libertarian, a term he both embraced[163] and rejected[164] during his first Senate campaign."

Source: Wikipedia

For the idiot Sean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul

If you can find something from a non-partisan source claiming that he founded THE Tea Party Movement, then do it.

I understand Ut00b logic too.

A guy uses a phrase like we need to have a Tea Party a full two years before the actual impetus to a Tea Party movement makes him a "founder" even though when you go to http://www.teaparty.org/ and they do not name him as a founder then you have the classic fallacy of post hoc ergo propter hoc...

For some reason, I guess which younger people cannot fathom, "Tea Party" has been a part of our social-politico conscience for well over 200 years. I do not know why generation after generation people have used that metaphor and yet never began a movement.

:eek:

"Fox News Channel commentator Juan Williams has said that the Tea Party movement emerged from the "ashes" of Ron Paul's 2008 presidential primary campaign.[81] Indeed, Ron Paul has stated that its origin was, on December 16, 2007, when supporters held a, 24 hour record breaking, "moneybomb" fundraising event on the Boston Tea Party's 234th anniversary,[82] but that others, including Republicans, took over and changed some the movement's core beliefs.[83][84]"

"In September 2005, Birmingham, Al talk show hosts Russ and Dee Fine led a large scale "Tea Party" protest against illegal immigration in Birmingham, AL.[92] On January 24, 2009, Trevor Leach, chairman of the Young Americans for Liberty in New York State organized a "Tea Party" to protest obesity taxes proposed by New York Governor David Paterson and call for fiscal responsibility on the part of the government. Several of the protesters wore Native American headdresses similar to the band of 18th century colonists who dumped tea in Boston Harbor to express outrage about British taxes.[93]"

"On February 18, 2009, the one-month old Obama administration announced the Homeowners Affordability and Stability Plan, an economic recovery plan to help home owners avoid foreclosure by refinance mortgages in the wake of the Great Recession. The next day, CNBC business news editor Rick Santelli criticized the Plan in a live broadcast from the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. He said that those plans were "promoting bad behavior" by "subsidizing losers' mortgages". He suggested holding a tea party for traders to gather and dump the derivatives in the Chicago River on July 1. “President Obama, are you listening?” he asked.[108][109][110][111][112] A number of the floor traders around him cheered on his proposal, to the amusement of the hosts in the studio. Santelli's "rant" became a viral video after being featured on the Drudge Report.[113]

According to The New Yorker writer Ben McGrath and New York Times reporter Kate Zernike, this is where the movement was first inspired to coalesce under the collective banner of "Tea Party."[99][108] "

Same source, same logic, same understanding of the basic American history that I grew up with. Paul was certainly not the founder of this movement, he was a user of the name and idea only, and not at all original in that effort.

For Sean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

Back