sr71plt
Literotica Guru
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2006
- Posts
- 51,872
Which is true. But Obama supporters are really tired of the same old same old. They're tired of people taking baby steps or moving only in a slightly different direction. Sometimes you need to vote in someone who you believe will be fresh, new and different if for no other reason than to tell all the people who want to do business as usual that you're not going to let them keep doing business as usual...because business as usual has only been good for them, not you.
One bit of business as usual that I'm most tired of: those who don't act like they're working for the people of the United States. Who act as if they, as president, or whoever, don't have to answer for their actions to anyone. As if they can do whatever they like without a single thought of the long-term consequences on those who are paying the bills. I want someone who will be accountable, and who will say, "I work for all of you, you don't work for me." And I think Obama is saying that.
It is with the hope of that that I'll vote for Obama (rather than Eleanor Roosevelt, as I sometimes do). But it's mostly from a "better than the alternative" view. What Obama says and what he'll do are two different things (just remains to be seen how different). I've worked inside government; I'm not all that starry-eyed about what those who have done practically nothing of the creation and implemenation of law (read, Obama here) say they are going to do. The last national politician I believed could do what he said he'd do was LBJ--and that was because he knew exactly how to get it done--and, at least in domestic policy, what actually could be done. (I just didn't agree with everything he wanted to do).


