the "ask crazychemgirl a question" thread

How often do you use your cell phone to take pictures? How often do you use it as a phone?

How often do you use your cell phone to take pictures? How often do you use it as a phone?

I take pictures almost daily ... but it's for work... I like to track the colour changes of my reactions and colour of my products, etc...

I use it as a phone every day.. I text a LOT .. as well as make at least 1 or 2 phone calls a day

That takes me back a QUITE a bit

I said earlier im half finished Anna Karenina ... My next book is for my book club... Called "the good earth"

I read this over 45 years ago.

Perl S. Buck lived in China during the era portrayed. The Good Earth is supposedly based largely on her experiences. It was quite good. It shows a lot about what was considered important to the average (or slightly above average) family of the time. It is also interesting to note the extreme differences between how the general Chinese population of the time viewed the military as opposed to how the Japanese and U.S. citizens viewed the military.

Questions:
Have you traveled to, or lived within, the asian area? If so, where and when?

I read this over 45 years ago.

Perl S. Buck lived in China during the era portrayed. The Good Earth is supposedly based largely on her experiences. It was quite good. It shows a lot about what was considered important to the average (or slightly above average) family of the time. It is also interesting to note the extreme differences between how the general Chinese population of the time viewed the military as opposed to how the Japanese and U.S. citizens viewed the military.

Questions:
Have you traveled to, or lived within, the asian area? If so, where and when?

no I haven't.

What are cations and why are they grouped?

Supplemental: How do the cats feel about cations?

Cations are atoms or molecules with a positive charge... I'm not sure what you mean by grouped

I think cats resent cations because cats aren't positive

Cations are atoms or molecules with a positive charge... I'm not sure what you mean by grouped

I think cats resent cations because cats aren't positive

I just remember that there are multiple groups of cations -- group 1 through 6, I think. That's about all I remember from college chemistry. <shrug>

I just remember that there are multiple groups of cations -- group 1 through 6, I think. That's about all I remember from college chemistry. <shrug>

I've never heard it described that way... I know cations can be categorized by their surrounding atoms in a molecule ... Primary, secondary, tertiary.. Haven't heard of groups

Supplemental: Do noble gasses get nobel prizes?

I'm sure the discovery of them probably did

I've never heard it described that way... I know cations can be categorized by their surrounding atoms in a molecule ... Primary, secondary, tertiary.. Haven't heard of groups

It may be obsolete terminology. I am, after all, frighteningly old.

Oil and water don't mix, what about it?

Finding salt peter lattice structure needs examining, what's missing...

Nude pictures of your self?

Last edited:
Ok, one last question: Did you know that Dolph Lundgren is a big-time chemist in addition to his acting career?

Hmm... that was too easy.

Favorite piece of lab equipment?

Where do you think the next big breakthrough will be in chemistry or physics?

Back