The Allure Of Men's Accessories. Fuck yes.

A general rule... by general rule, I mean the most important, strictest rule ever.

Black Suit: black shoes (I’m not even typing black belt, that should be understood)

Navy Suit: black or brown shoes, but it has to be the right brown (cordovan comes to mind)

Gray Suit: black shoes

This is 2019. We must push forward with these things. We can no longer tolerate things like racism or mismatched belts and shoes.

So i follow this FB page called 'Gentleman's Gazette.' Fellas send in pics of their outfits and the other posters critique.
Here's today's pic - whatcha think?

20190513-164424.png

I like the chocolate trousers with the navy blazer, but i don't know enough about period fashion to know if the cream(?) shoes are a 30's thing.

So i follow this FB page called 'Gentleman's Gazette.' Fellas send in pics of their outfits and the other posters critique.

20190513-164424.png

I like the chocolate trousers with the navy blazer, but i don't know enough about period fashion to know if the cream(?) shoes are a 30's thing.

Not a fan, basically of all of it. The double-breasted blazer, the chocolate pants, and light colored shoes. About the only thing I like is the tie (and I dislike the knot).

It looks too much like a person trying to be a WASP

Not a fan, basically of all of it. The double-breasted blazer, the chocolate pants, and light colored shoes. About the only thing I like is the tie (and I dislike the knot).

It looks too much like a person trying to be a WASP

Fwiw, it got high marks on the page.

20190513-164424.png

Gross. A double breasted jacket? Come on. That's awful.

I don't mind the cream shoes, though I can't see them well enough to make a firm judgment.

The brown slacks are just wrong for that outfit. They're not inherently bad. But they're situationally bad.

Whatever that Liberace themed cloth is in his pocket is should be put out of its misery. It's hideous. Worst pocket square ever.

And a half Windsor knot? Why doesn't he just cut off his testicles and post them for sale in Gay Man's Quarterly, where he obviously got that outfit.

Now I’m going to have to see what else is on there, and if it’s just a bunch of weirdos putting things together that don’t do together.

I agree. Again, it's like those hipsters in a thrift store just picking random shit out and throwing it on like some random sequencer. Hipsters are the worst.

I agree. Again, it's like those hipsters in a thrift store just picking random shit out and throwing it on like some random sequencer. Hipsters are the worst.

+1. Please someone explain the appeal to me.

Hi, I life in NYC, but I’m going to dress and look like a woodsman.

Or hey, I’m going to drink shitty beer on purpose because I think it makes me seem more “real”.

Like what the fuck.

If you want to look back a couple of decades for fashion examples, there are plenty that don’t involve looking ridiculous. Start with JFK.

<cough>
Can you sexy boys post pictures of your belts or something? This thread keeps getting my hopes up.

Kthanksbye!

So sexy

https://cdn06.**********/uploads/photos/2019/05/202473/bdsmlr-202473-Tzt9NYBZ2l.jpg

Back