The Allure Of Men's Accessories. Fuck yes.

1f5e9e763094eba1b359ca1a138f815c3adcca45.pnj

Curious as to what some of the ladies here think of various colognes as an accessory. I love my YSL personally.

Oh, I love a good cologne!
Danger, flowery language ahead but a few practical recommendations too.

I like a classic fougére type the most. These days they are usually called aromatic-wood or something like that.
They open citrusy, astringent and green with things like bergamotte type notes, basil, violet leafs, rosemary.
Then they follow with herby aromatics like lavender, sage, nutmeg, ginger, pepper etc.
The base is earthy with things like oak moss, patcouli or vetiver, woody and/or leathery.
Think of it like a walk in the woods where you are still close enough to the sunny, fresh warmth but are starting to get into the darker, cooler undergrowth…

As for the classics, I like Givenchy Gentleman. It’s not for everyone though and very little will last an eternity. Probably best to stay clear for work/daytime.

A more modern variety that is more wearable and less of a punch to the face would be YSL Libre pour homme.

For lighter, more summery times, especially daytime, I prefer versions that are less earthy and leathery at the base. Jil Sander Sun for men is a favourite but a lot of classic after shave colognes are nice.

I like a classic fougére type the most. These days they are usually called aromatic-wood or something like that.
They open citrusy, astringent and green with things like bergamotte type notes, basil, violet leafs, rosemary.
Then they follow with herby aromatics like lavender, sage, nutmeg, ginger, pepper etc.
The base is earthy with things like oak moss, patcouli or vetiver, woody and/or leathery.
Think of it like a walk in the woods where you are still close enough to the sunny, fresh warmth but are starting to get into the darker, cooler undergrowth…

As for the classics, I like Givenchy Gentleman. It’s not for everyone though and very little will last an eternity. Probably best to stay clear for work/daytime.

A more modern variety that is more wearable and less of a punch to the face would be YSL Libre pour homme.

For lighter, more summery times, especially daytime, I prefer versions that are less earthy and leathery at the base. Jil Sander Sun for men is a favourite but a lot of classic after shave colognes are nice.
I also like a lot of the aromatic wood type of stuff personally. I will definitely check out the colognes I'm not familiar with that you recommended though :) I'm still happy with both I have from YSL but it's always interesting to see what else is out there.

Just tried the Givenchy Gentleman and I loved their Boisee one. The original wasn't exactly my cup of tea but the Boisee was really lovely and I think it will suit me perfectly.

Just tried the Givenchy Gentleman and I loved their Boisee one. The original wasn't exactly my cup of tea but the Boisee was really lovely and I think it will suit me perfectly.

That’s great!

Almost all scents that I like, come with a
”not for everyone” warning.
That’s just me. 😁

That’s great!

Almost all scents that I like, come with a
”not for everyone” warning.
That’s just me. 😁
Even the cashier mentioned how she thinks that one smells absolutely amazing on the right man haha. Thanks for the recommendation. I tried a few others as well but none of them clicked. I can't stand the really pepper-y and spicy things that are often rather popular.

And don't we all like things others dislike? Imagine a world where everyone would only be vanilla! Kill me now please.

Back