The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone.

I'm trying some "8 O'clock" coffee this morning. Had to grind the beans, which I like. Waiting for it to brew now. I'm surprised I even need caffeine this morning.

No editing. No writing. I'm taking the day off.

Fresh coffee is now available.

I remember "8 O'clock" coffee from somewhere in the distant past. Lots of chicory, a little tar. A little chewy if left in the pot too long.

Just back from a long walk. Trying to build my strength up. Again.

Keep at it--you know you have to. That's an oft-repeated effort for me, and I don't have that many barriers to climb.

I planted tomatoes and eggplant yesterday. The local greenhouses aren't producing much until mother's day, so the basil, parsley and everything else have to wait. That schedule gives me more time to figure out what else I'll plant.

For today, I'm cleaning out the dahlia bed. Maybe I'll plant today, or maybe I'll wait. It remains to be seen.

Maybe I'll even do some writing.

Keep at it--you know you have to. That's an oft-repeated effort for me, and I don't have that many barriers to climb.

I planted tomatoes and eggplant yesterday. The local greenhouses aren't producing much until mother's day, so the basil, parsley and everything else have to wait. That schedule gives me more time to figure out what else I'll plant.

For today, I'm cleaning out the dahlia bed. Maybe I'll plant today, or maybe I'll wait. It remains to be seen.

Maybe I'll even do some writing.

We have a small space called a community garden that I could use but it's not close to where I am and keeping animals out is a problem. I've had tomatoes and peppers in pots on my patio before.

We bought some plants from our local garden centre yesterday.

The weather forecast suggests we won't be able to plant them for a week. Meanwhile they are anchored against the northerly gale due tonight.

We have a small space called a community garden that I could use but it's not close to where I am and keeping animals out is a problem. I've had tomatoes and peppers in pots on my patio before.

Growing anything can be a nice diversion.

There are varieties of both tomato and pepper that were developed just for growing in pots. If you use fresh basil, then you can grow that in pots, too. Fresh basil is so expensive when it's packaged for the grocery stores that growing it is very cost-effective.

Our annual neighborhood pride day parade went off today. The fiesta that follows the parade is going on now a little south of here. I could hear the sounds from the parade while I worked outside. The fiesta is quieter -- at least for now.

Growing anything can be a nice diversion.

There are varieties of both tomato and pepper that were developed just for growing in pots. If you use fresh basil, then you can grow that in pots, too. Fresh basil is so expensive when it's packaged for the grocery stores that growing it is very cost-effective.

Yes, I just put together a herb grower today and got it ready for planting. Nothing like fresh herbs. We had snow this morning and it melted inside an hour and now it's plus twenty and just beautifully sunny. Got to buy some herbs to plant this week. Went for a run this morning, got a bunch of edits done and taking a break. Making Chinese dumplings for dinner soon, got a couple of friends coming round and I'm teaching them how to make Chinese style dumplings. It's very manual so the more hands the better.

There's a coffee at your left. Enjoy !

Would that be the excellent Sean Bean (aka Sharpe?)

Sharpes Rifles? I've watched some of that. I liked the books. Coffee and movies after dinner tonight. I saw Crazy Rich Asians is coming out soon. That one I have to watch.

*sips coffee I don't need*

iu

It's turned too cool for comfort round here this morning.
Large mugs of hot coffee will be needed, I suspect.
And may Dame Fortune grant a solution to the computer problems. . . .

*sips coffee I don't need*

[image of corrupt Enron minion]
You are neither an author nor reader.
You troll aggressively and bullshittingly.
You are one step away from my iggy list.
Contribute elsewhere.

Meanwhile, it's late, two-in-the-morning-ish. Rapid temp drops locally so I probably won't have to worry about bears next trash day again. We shrug, call it "mountain weather," and hunker down. A couple of young deer does have loitered in our meadow, gnawing, chewing, ruminating, watching. The rest of their pack hasn't shown up. No three-buck days for awhile.

That glass of Pra Vinera 2014 Cabernet was great. Coffee in the morning.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm suddenly awake ar 4:30 AM eating Cheerios dry out of the bag?

Okay, okay, I'll make a fresh pot of coffee for and early Moanday morning crowd.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm suddenly awake ar 4:30 AM eating Cheerios dry out of the bag?

Okay, okay, I'll make a fresh pot of coffee for and early Moanday morning crowd.

No beef jerky?

The coffee's great. Thanks.

I was up from 4-5 this morning. No idea why.

I was up from 4-5 this morning. No idea why.

I am, all too often; usually to tiptoe across the hall. . . ..
A refreshing coffee, please.
I've managed to find and load the software to unlock my PC's LAN connection.
All I need now is the same item for the other PC.

It's turned too cool for comfort round here this morning.
Large mugs of hot coffee will be needed, I suspect.
And may Dame Fortune grant a solution to the computer problems. . . .

Weather took a down turn here also. Two nights ago I had the window open all night, today the heater is blasting away. Supposed to rain tomorrow. This is usually a dry period.

Good luck with your computer. :)

Smoked sausage for supper.

Fresh coffee for the evening crew.

A hot kettle for HP when he shows up for evening tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back