The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon. All are welcome!

Just popping in to catch up and back out to meet up with siblings (just 2) for dinner.

Had a long list of appointments and errands but got all but one done. I'm only at 1/2 full but should gas up at some point. Always seem to need gas when the prices go up. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a nice Friday. Catch ya later!

Morning all. Busy day of farm work in store and a fun nite planned. Ready for cuppa number 1.
No spark screen?
No real need. Were typically more careful than this… it was a little too breezy for a fire last nite.

Looks like you're using gasoline to start your fire, or a whole pack of fire lighters?
Have never used gas to start a fire. It’s old dry ash wood. Best thing abt the ash blight is that ash is excellent firewood, and there’s a lot of it. Just about 7/8 pieces of crumpled up newspaper some old, dry pine boughs and it caught quickly as always.

I have hundreds of pieces of firewood that are too small to sell, so we use those usually.
That's quite a flame W67! I noticed your hub cap collection........what's the story - cars you've owned?
Yes, mostly old Torino hubcaps. I always keep a few exports on hand, cuz periodically we’ll lose one. My wife had a Mustang back in the day so a bunch of those old ones too and a few others we got at car shows and swap meets etc.

Have a good one, everyone.

Good morning WT and Wonderer. Slept in to 530. 🤣. Feeling good with my first cup. And you?

Still got a bit of pain in my jaw, but except for a jolt as the Novocaine wore off and before the Ibu kicked in, it's not too bad.

This is the M1 carbine whose stock I refinished last month. It got a thorough cleaning and lubing, and it was test-fired. It's ready. I'd like another.

IMG_3771.jpg

Still got a bit of pain in my jaw, but except for a jolt as the Novocaine wore off and before the Ibu kicked in, it's not too bad.

This is the M1 carbine whose stock I refinished last month. It got a thorough cleaning and lubing, and it was test-fired. It's ready. I'd like another.

View attachment 2342833
Great looking m1! Let me know how it goes!

That’s a rifle live always wanted. But… illegal in NJ… I guess if you blocked the magazine to 10 rounds it’d be ok. I think? (Don’t get me started and as we said in post #1, no politics, religion or drama!)

have fun! I’m thinking of test firing the 1953 Russian SKS I got a few weeks ago.

Lots of work to do at our woodland property today.

Have a good one all!!

I'm not sure if they make a short mag for the carbine. The standard one is 15 rounds and the extended one is 30 rounds.

Now I want another carbine. I saw an Inland for sale the other day. Better part of 2 grand. I know . . . .

Back