The 2024 Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Page

I'm about 2,000 words into mine, which features an older bachelor and engineer who doesn't recognize his nerdiness and a younger woman who fully embraces hers. I'm probably going to have to skip the On the Job event but I'm hoping to have this one done in time.

I've been in this event every year since it's inception and I'll keep taking part even if it kills me.

Same here! But this year, I've been busy with getting ready to move to a new city (we close on the house next week), while also putting the polish on my second novel, that I haven't even begun on anything for this year's Geek Pride yet. But damnit, I want to contribute SOMETHING. Even if it's just something short and simple.

- Something naughty happening under a gaming table in the middle of a game session?
- Actually doing something with the "Fantasy power-armor pro wrestling" idea I've been incubating for forever?
- More sentai/kamen-rider stuff?
- Western-style Superheroes?

...I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I did a story a couple years ago that was just guys geeking about sex - what happens if I do this, or press here, here (go round systematically in a circle), etc. May do similar again.

Or maybe pervert another board game like last year...

OK... i am writing a story that may fit in this... but..

does the character have to know they are a geek?

I mean, some would say I am one in certain ways.

Really looking forward to getting going on my story for this...Cosplay sex at a pop culture convention...is that geeky enough for ya? 😉

Really looking forward to getting going on my story for this...Cosplay sex at a pop culture convention...is that geeky enough for ya? 😉
That's fun! I was thinking about doing a cosplay-related story, but decided to do the Greek mythology one instead. Look forward to reading yours!

That's fun! I was thinking about doing a cosplay-related story, but decided to do the Greek mythology one instead. Look forward to reading yours!
And I yours!! I am really looking forward to seeing how everyone gets their geek on this year. A fun, fun, fun challenge!

Do squares count as geeks? My planned story is about two cousins who are under-grad college students, the guy headed for law school and the girl who aspires to going to medical school, who attend a music festival in the early 1970s and thanks to their conservative and sensible personas are like fish out of water at the crazy and chaotic events at the festival, in a way like Janet and Brad in Rocky Horror. However, they are not really into geek things either like science fiction.

I'm about 2,000 words into mine, which features an older bachelor and engineer who doesn't recognize his nerdiness and a younger woman who fully embraces hers. I'm probably going to have to skip the On the Job event but I'm hoping to have this one done in time.
Sounds like a nice story!!

Sounds like every high tech firm I ever worked at. Go for it!

Do squares count as geeks? My planned story is about two cousins who are under-grad college students, the guy headed for law school and the girl who aspires to going to medical school, who attend a music festival in the early 1970s and thanks to their conservative and sensible personas are like fish out of water at the crazy and chaotic events at the festival, in a way like Janet and Brad in Rocky Horror. However, they are not really into geek things either like science fiction.
That sounds like a really fun story... I'd say go for it, but you might need official confirmation from ChloeTzang on that one. Either way, I'd like to read it!

Back