Tabletop RPG turns erotic

Brandnewbuddy

Really Really Experienced
Now, I know this topic has broached before and the consensus was, it’s either gotta be done farcically or you have to just have it become a full on fantasy story.

But in the years since it was last brought up I think I found a way to write a story about an erotic tabletop game and actually have the dice rolling have a point: focus on one on one games (one GM one player) or solitaire games (the player is the only participant) not to say there can’t be some supernatural elements but the game itself actually matters and can come off as authentic to the reader.

Long preamble out of the way: here are a couple of ideas (and as always, ideas are up for grab and if you have ideas of your own or even how a group game could work, please feel free to share.

1. One on one: so this is loosely based on how Call of Cthulu one on one modules are actually a popular date activity in Japan and Korea, usually for an ice breaker or first date, but what if we wrote a story about a couple whose game starts off as eldritch horror but as the sessions go on, becomes more erotic, with the person as the GM pushing boundaries and getting their date to open up in the game so they can explore how comfortable they are being intimate

2. Solitaire. So the solitaire games I’ve played/read about take two approaches:

1. Packaged module where you have premade characters and the book has dozens of branching points.

2. Story telling game where you journal your character’s story or create a world, with dice or cards determining what writing prompt you need to react to.

Example:

woman hears through the grapevine about a solitaire RPG that is pretty naughty. Deciding it might be fun to play on Twitch as part of a naughtier stream (I think lewd audio is okay, but otherwise it could be a fansly or OF stream), she does a test run, the game is called “Sighs in the Shadow” and tasks her with creating a virginal character in a repressive town. Each time she roles the die, she is given a prompt and must respond to it, with the game slowly increasing the lewd aspect and her character engaging in more and more debauched behavior.

Could be a non supernatural thing where she gets really into the fantasy of it, and starts masturbating to a character she grows to care for.

Or could be supernatural, with her feeling everything her character experiences.

Either way, I think the fun of it is that she can stop anytime. All she has to do is put the dice away and close the book or PDF. At no point does the game cheat. But she’s so enraptured she goes along playing the character to the end

1. One on one: so this is loosely based on how Call of Cthulu one on one modules are actually a popular date activity in Japan and Korea, usually for an ice breaker or first date, but what if we wrote a story about a couple whose game starts off as eldritch horror but as the sessions go on, becomes more erotic, with the person as the GM pushing boundaries and getting their date to open up in the game so they can explore how comfortable they are being intimate

1. Packaged module where you have premade characters and the book has dozens of branching points.

Okay, I know basically nothing about tabletop gaming, but could it be possible to combine those two, together with some misunderstanding or mishap perhaps?

Like, they agree to play a certain game, but somehow grab another, like one of their siblings had prepared a really kinky module for their own sex sessions, and our couple or group unwittingly stumble into that scenario? Or maybe they try a new (to them) game or module they haven't researched deep enough, and it turns out having sex rules if a certain patch is taken?

Anyhow, they don't back out, keep going either for embarrassed to admit that mistake or driving each other on, or such.

You’d have have to stretch things a bit, but potentially you could

A module is effectively a pre-written adventure (so DM doesn’t have to work from scratch, aside from maybe house ruling some things or reworking some NPCs so they fit in if it’s being made a part of an ongoing campaign), so it’s not impossible the player or DM could wind up grabbing the wrong one, though most DMs still prepare maps, props, and the adventure before the session (I think that might be why it’s a popular date activity as the GM has to prepare things and guide the player). So they’d have a lot of opportunities to put the kibosh on any additional sex rules.

Another issue is that even most ameatur productions still include content warnings on page one.

However, I think we can do this a couple of ways:

1. The couple in this case are trying to get a tabletop roleplay review show going, so they do blind playthroughs of modules for established systems or shorter games (like one page RPGs), so ones that require very little set up. They always do a test run before shooting a video.

They see the game is a naughty one but decide they just won’t take it seriously and try to joke as the player winds up in sexual situations…but as they play they start to get into it. Maybe they even go more than one session. First one they just roll die and have fun. But the next session, the game reccomends bringing props in (sex toys) so they do, still trying to treat things as a joke…but as the session goes on, they start using them

2. GM is bothered by player to try and play a naughty RP or a regular RP. Maybe it’s siblings, or a nerdy roommate being bugged and humiliated by their roommate. Either way, player is trying to bug them, so GM decides, fuck it, we’ll do this naughty module or game and get them to shut up.

So GM agrees but they decide to go all out and demand it from their player. This won’t be a casual game, they are going all out: props, dress code, mood lighting, candles, and they even touch the players during certain scenes (nothing explicit at first but they might run a finger down their back or let a gloved hand brush their cheek). They also don’t wait for the normal point in the game for the more sexual elements to come forward, they have them show up almost immediately.

Player is shocked but instead of leaving, they become more intrigued and slowly get turned on by the game’s setting and thr GM’s commanding, voice (which they normally lack)

As a quick aside games that actually have sex mechanics tend to eithe me be farces or just suck (actual example: roll to see if you break their asshole from fucking them)

What about a normal game which turns erotic without planning?

Say, the party rescues a halfling maiden from a dungeon and one player want to roll seduction. The female GM don't want to go that route, so she's set a difficulty incredibly high... but the player rolls critical success! The GM has to go along now, and despite it's just the game in the beginning, it's getting hotter and hotter, and the player has incredible luck, and his words and desriptions make the GM horny. Seeing how the game become quite one sided, the other players end the session, but the two continue to play until they don't play any longer.

Back