Stuck in pending hell

testudo

Virgin
I know this has been posted on a lot but I‘ve followed all the advice I’ve found and I was hoping for a fresh take.

I submitted a story exactly a month ago, four chapters at about 10,000 words each. After a full month they’re still stuck in pending.

after two weeks I tried to contact Laurel through the literotica account. No reply

last week I tried sending her a dm through the forums. I haven’t heard back.

is there anything else I can do?

Hi,

Any other info? What category, what subject matter? Anything else?

Em

Hi,

Any other info? What category, what subject matter? Anything else?

Em
It was in fantasy. It’s lime a vampire romance

i guess it also might be important the first two chapters were an edit of some already published chapters Amd I requested a change to the title. I’m worried that request was such a hassle the stories got put in a bin somewher.

Not the bin, but the back of the pending. Is it for the Halloween Contest? If so, it needs to be a complete story, even if it is in a series.

OK.

If you have published chapter #1 and chapter #2 already, and then edit them, they go into the (about) two week queue. If you then publish chapter #3 and #4, I’m betting it queues these behind the edits.

Make sense?

Em

OK.

If you have published chapter #1 and chapter #2 already, and then edit them, they go into the (about) two week queue. If you then publish chapter #3 and #4, I’m betting it queues these behind the edits.

Make sense?

Em
Sort of, although I submitted the edited chapters 4 weeks ago at this point. would laurel wait until she’s gone over all the chapters to publish them? I kind of assumed she’d do the Edited ones, then get to the new ones a week or two later.

would it make sense to withdraw and resubmit? Maybe that would untangle any knkw I’ve created for her?

Mary has a title change on one that has been pending for over a week so far, and I think it may be another week as the change is minor. (misspelled word on series title behind the title) very embarrassing for Mary but not all that urgent for Laural.

Sort of, although I submitted the edited chapters 4 weeks ago at this point. would laurel wait until she’s gone over all the chapters to publish them? I kind of assumed she’d do the Edited ones, then get to the new ones a week or two later.

would it make sense to withdraw and resubmit? Maybe that would untangle any knkw I’ve created for her?
One of my friends has been waiting ages for an edit. There is an event on, which slows down edits even more.

Em

I know this has been posted on a lot but I‘ve followed all the advice I’ve found and I was hoping for a fresh take.

I submitted a story exactly a month ago, four chapters at about 10,000 words each. After a full month they’re still stuck in pending.

after two weeks I tried to contact Laurel through the literotica account. No reply

last week I tried sending her a dm through the forums. I haven’t heard back.

is there anything else I can do?
Did you pm her directly or use the report email, or whatever?

Resubmitting will just make it take longer.

Did you pm her directly or use the report email, or whatever?

Resubmitting will just make it take longer.
I pmed her directly and also used the report mail.

yeah I guess it makes sense resubmitting would make it take longer.

I'd be patient. Wait. You're asking the site editor to do a bunch of things, each requiring something different done to data files.

Edits are low priority (1 - 2 weeks or longer is typical), then you want to change titles and get two new chapters up.

If you pull everything and start again, you go to the end of the queue.

Get it right first time, next time ;).

I too am stuck in pending hell, with just one edited chapter due to reports it received, getting it sent back to me.

I have a revision sitting at two weeks. Thanks to this thread, I'm going to be wait it out. I'm highly impressed so much content gets reviewed at all. It's amazing!

I pmed her directly and also used the report mail.

yeah I guess it makes sense resubmitting would make it take longer.
Best to PM her, but if you're new, or your firsr story, it's assumed there will be a bit more scrutiny. A month does seem kinda crazy, though. Also the less work a story needs, the faster it can potentially go live.

Also in pending hell over here.
Edit requests take a good month and because the notes to the admin weren't read/followed, this has resulted in about 7k words being duplicated in my current story and the edit which had gone through hasn't been fully completed. Once my other pending edits are completed, I'll either have more text duplication (if the notes aren't filled) or all my chapters will be out of order. I messaged laurel 4 days ago asking how to fix the mess but no reply.
And I still have a new chapter in pending for 20 days, but that's not my priority right now.
I don't mind waiting, I do mind it not being done as instructed. I would have rather waited 6 months that have what I have now. I would have rather the edit requests just been declined to be honest.
I swear once I figure out how to fix this I'll never try to move things around again.

Also in pending hell over here.
Edit requests take a good month and because the notes to the admin weren't read/followed, this has resulted in about 7k words being duplicated in my current story and the edit which had gone through hasn't been fully completed. Once my other pending edits are completed, I'll either have more text duplication (if the notes aren't filled) or all my chapters will be out of order. I messaged laurel 4 days ago asking how to fix the mess but no reply.
And I still have a new chapter in pending for 20 days, but that's not my priority right now.
I don't mind waiting, I do mind it not being done as instructed. I would have rather waited 6 months that have what I have now. I would have rather the edit requests just been declined to be honest.
I swear once I figure out how to fix this I'll never try to move things around again.
Jesus Christ, I don't mean to be alarmist, but is the site going through a content freeze?

Jesus Christ, I don't mean to be alarmist, but is the site going through a content freeze?
That would be better than partially completing my edit, lol. But no, new stories are still being posted. I think it's just Laurel has too much to do, but I'm sure there would be people willing to volunteer to help screen stories of there was the opportunity to do so.

Back