Pending Purgatory

MonaRivers

Hotwife in Chief
Joined
Jun 18, 2021
Posts
4
Hello,

I am posting here as I've tried everything in the various forum posts on the subject.

I have a series (Saving My Daughter From BBC). I have tried posting new pieces. They get stuck in pending forever. I'm not being dramatic, they will get stuck for months with no update.

They aren't rejected. They just sit there forever.

I've been trying to load part 9 since May.

I've left it for weeks, messaged Laurel, checked it for anything that might get it flagged. Deleted it (after 8 weeks) and tried to resubmit it. It's at 13 days on the latest resubmission and I'm not confident anything has changed.

Nothing works it sits in pending (yes, definitely pending) forever.

The crazy thing is, literally every other story I post gets posted to the site in 3-4 days. None of them get caught in pending. It is just this series. I'm 9 pieces in and anything I try to load with this title is just getting stuck in a pending black hole.

I don't know why. I'd love to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

It's got to the point where anything else I post gets flooded with comments about that series. Readers think I'm witholding it on purpose. I'm not. Please help.
 
My readers are losing their minds because my chapters take 3 or 4 days to post. I came here to check if there was something going on with the site because chapter 10 of my story has been pending for over 4 days now. But what you are experiencing is horrific. I can only imagine how upsetting this much be!
 
I have tried a new post after making some edits.

I realize that in this piece I haven't explicitly stated that the daughter is an adult (probably because I'm nine piece in and thought that was well understood).

It's possible an automatic filter or scan has determined that it has underage participants (which it absolutely does not).

Hopefully these clarifications make it clear and it gets posted like the others. Leaving this here in case it helps someone else.

It hasn't been solved yet, but fingers crossed this will help.
 
As of today, I have no stories pending. At one time, I had up to 16 stories pending... and it was a moving target; I would submit a new story, and it would leapfrog the pending stories and get published in as little as 12 hours...

I became assertive ... kept pushing the 15-day window and kept resubmitting. I can not pinpoint one thing that helped push mine out. I am doing a happy dance.
 
I realize that in this piece I haven't explicitly stated that the daughter is an adult (probably because I'm nine piece in and thought that was well understood).

It's possible an automatic filter or scan has determined that it has underage participants (which it absolutely does not).
If that was the problem, you would have received a message to that end.
 
I have been placing a story a day in a series I wrote. One of the interesting things I discovered is that it paused my series in order to drop my Halloween entry, rather than posting two stories in one day. Also, given that it sounds like you have posted a series, it's possible that something went wrong with one of your chapters and it won't post the rest of them until that one clears (readers would get frustrated with a gap in the story).

You mentioned making edits, and that explains some (if not all) the problems you're having. Whenever you make an edit to a pending submission it seems to bump the story to the back of the cue. And yes, that applies if you delete the submission entirely and try to submit it fresh. The site has a memory so it knows that the story has been attempted before and still treats it as a pending submission rather than a new one.
 
If that was the problem, you would have received a message to that end.
I would like to think so.
I have been placing a story a day in a series I wrote. One of the interesting things I discovered is that it paused my series in order to drop my Halloween entry, rather than posting two stories in one day. Also, given that it sounds like you have posted a series, it's possible that something went wrong with one of your chapters and it won't post the rest of them until that one clears (readers would get frustrated with a gap in the story).

You mentioned making edits, and that explains some (if not all) the problems you're having. Whenever you make an edit to a pending submission it seems to bump the story to the back of the cue. And yes, that applies if you delete the submission entirely and try to submit it fresh. The site has a memory so it knows that the story has been attempted before and still treats it as a pending submission rather than a new one.
I'm aware, but after six weeks in pending I was willing to try anything. I guess I let the latest attempt sit there till the end times are upon us.
 
Back
Top