Similar Stories???

Kimber4Kicks

Undersexed & Horny
I've noticed the "Similar Stories" list at the last page of each story published always lists the same stories, and never display's anything different or new, etc.
Is this a bug or intentional?
Is there a setting that would change this?
Please advise, thanks
Kimber :)

I want to resubmit my Sherlock Holmes parody stand alone stories published in the celeb section into one flowing narrative in the novel section. Whilst keeping the chapters in the celeb section. Is this allowed?

Here's what I believe happens.

When a story page is generated, at the time of publishing, that's when the "Similar Stories" are picked. After that, they're never updated.

Is this what you mean? Or are you saying you're seeing the same "Similar Stories" on every story you look at?

Anyway, "Similar Stories" is only one of many different data points which are cached seemingly forever on story pages.

Here's what I believe happens.

When a story page is generated, at the time of publishing, that's when the "Similar Stories" are picked. After that, they're never updated.

Is this what you mean? Or are you saying you're seeing the same "Similar Stories" on every story you look at?

Anyway, "Similar Stories" is only one of many different data points which are cached seemingly forever on story pages.

After reading that post, I decided to pay some extra attention to the "Similar Stories" box for new stories. And I think that is correct.

As far as I could tell, the System looks for stories that have similar tags, and then lists them as "similar" in descending order of how many matching tags they have. If a story doesn't have any tags, the System (seemingly randomly) picks 20 other publications in the same category, that were published during the previous seven days.

Honestly, I can understand why they don't want to update them later on. There are so many stories on Lit now, it would put quite a burden on the system if it had to constantly compare the tags of ALL the stories in the database. And going by how long my search-queries take, doing it every time a story is opened would probably also break the site. But they could, for example, let it trigger if a story is added to a list. Or, my personal preference, let the users suggest similar stories.

Back