Signature length, number of images, grandfathered old signature, and hidden in mobile view

jsmiam

Literotica Whisperer
I decided to (try) and update my signature. I cancelled without saving because.

- while my old signature from the old forum software carried forward, I can’t change my signature without shortening it drastically and also removing one image (I have two but there’s a one image limit)

- and I’m not ready to make such wholesale changes to the signature, even if hardly anyone sees it anyway, because…

- signatures are for sure hidden in mobile view. (I don’t use my computer all that often, I’m not sure about how it shows on a computer.) EDIT: (five minutes later) - I logged in on a computer, signatures do show on the computer.

I’ll limit my main question to the length and image count. The setting seems a bit low. As far as why do I even care, it’s more of a why not. Forums have signatures for a reason.

EDIT 2: For what it's worth... a likely very out of date article on limiting signatures via Xenforo (so chances are it's even more configurable now)- https://xenforo.com/community/threads/signature-permissions.47456/

Last edited:
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/whats-she-or-he-saying-redeux.1497071/page-164#post-95215154
AnjaPPunk at the post linked above said:
contract-signing-close-up-of-hand-and-pen.jpg

"one moment i need to fill this with links to gifs and pictures and videos and a full description of myself"

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings, @jsmiam.

Regarding signature editing issues:

— To keep both images, you could merge / make a collage of them in any photo editing app (the gallery in your mobile phone should have that option) and re-upload it as one image. That will resolve the one image limit and you could add the caption within that picture, thus shortening the text length;
— Signatures are visible in mobile view. On portrait mode, they aren't visible in the forums / sub-forums, except in your profile, on the 'About' tab. If you switch to landscape view on the mobile (and assuming you do not have them disabled in your user control panel), signatures will show up in the forums, with each post reply.

My meager two cents on the matter.
Best regards.

Greetings, @jsmiam.

Regarding signature editing issues:

— To keep both images, you could merge / make a collage of them in any photo editing app (the gallery in your mobile phone should have that option) and re-upload it as one image. That will resolve the one image limit and you could add the caption within that picture, thus shortening the text length;
— Signatures are visible in mobile view. On portrait mode, they aren't visible in the forums / sub-forums, except in your profile, on the 'About' tab. If you switch to landscape view on the mobile (and assuming you do not have them disabled in your user control panel), signatures will show up in the forums, with each post reply.

My meager two cents on the matter.
Best regards.
Thanks. Good point on the landscape. I guess obviously I never use it!

The length limit was/is my biggest concern, because the limit is so small. (And I can’t really experiment without destroying my current signature in the process. )

The length limit was/is my biggest concern, because the limit is so small.

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to edit my signature, but the length limit, whatever it is, has been the main hinderance. Well, I'm not in a big hurry to change it, but sometime in the future I'll want to so I guess I'll wait a while before addressing it.

folks it's called signature for a reason :oops: you can put your bio on your profile now on the lit panel

folks it's called signature for a reason :oops: you can put your bio on your profile now on the lit panel
I may be wrong, but I’m willing to bet a weeks worth of Literotica royalty checks that yours is also migrated from old software, and is too long for the current software,s limit. As an experiment, change the double equal signs to double dashes?

Co-Owner and Resident Painslut of STARFUCKS (as of Starfucks 2)
== my ama thread on lit == my lit profile == Results from bdsmtest.org
'in an age of performative cruelty kindness is punk as fuck: be punk as fuck' (anon)

I may be wrong, but I’m willing to bet a weeks worth of Literotica royalty checks that yours is also migrated from old software, and is too long for the current software,s limit. As an experiment, change the double equal signs to double dashes?

Co-Owner and Resident Painslut of STARFUCKS (as of Starfucks 2)
== my ama thread on lit == my lit profile == Results from bdsmtest.org
'in an age of performative cruelty kindness is punk as fuck: be punk as fuck' (anon)
mine is fine with current software

Just asking if you were able to successfully edit yours, since you implied mine and ladyjs’ were too long. Yours looks about the same length. Can you change it? Add a period at the end of it? Just curious.

Just asking if you were able to successfully edit yours, since you implied mine and ladyjs’ were too long. Yours looks about the same length. Can you change it? Add a period at the end of it? Just curious.
added two '=' at the end of the middle row
and i don't like the period because it means full stop

I’m confused though. My reply yesterday at 1:08 pm includes a copy of the signature, the two equal signs were there, and the signature looks unchanged. Did you try changing something like adding a period, and clicking save? (It’s the clicking “save” that doesn’t work for me, where the length warning is presented. )

I’m confused though. My reply yesterday at 1:08 pm includes a copy of the signature, the two equal signs were there, and the signature looks unchanged. Did you try changing something like adding a period, and clicking save? (It’s the clicking “save” that doesn’t work for me, where the length warning is presented. )
look more carefully and compare the middle line of my signature thoroughly with the one you posted especially after 'results from bdsmtest.org'

look more carefully and compare the middle line of my signature thoroughly with the one you posted especially after 'results from bdsmtest.org'
I stand corrected, I didn’t see that.

Im on my phone so I can’t do an exact character count. My signature is roughly 48 words, Anja’s 42. My error message says 180 characters too long and 1 image maximum. It’s unclear if the invisible tags and url links text contributes to the absolute length limit, it probably does. Although I have (basically) 4 hyperlinks, Anja 4 too.

I probably won’t try the alt/fake account to test, too much trouble.

I may indeed break out the computer and mess around with the images one day, and try to deduce the exact character count of the current limit. One day when I’m feeling nerdy.

but my initial point wasn’t to argue with anyone (that was just a bonus! :cool:), it was to say, “hey, the limit now is smaller than it was before.” It probably could be made to be the same as before. That’d be nice.

I stand corrected, I didn’t see that.

Im on my phone so I can’t do an exact character count. My signature is roughly 48 words, Anja’s 42. My error message says 180 characters too long and 1 image maximum. It’s unclear if the invisible tags and url links text contributes to the absolute length limit, it probably does. Although I have (basically) 4 hyperlinks, Anja 4 too.

I probably won’t try the alt/fake account to test, too much trouble.

I may indeed break out the computer and mess around with the images one day, and try to deduce the exact character count of the current limit. One day when I’m feeling nerdy.

but my initial point wasn’t to argue with anyone (that was just a bonus! :cool:), it was to say, “hey, the limit now is smaller than it was before.” It probably could be made to be the same as before. That’d be nice.
when i changed mine i had to compromise too 🥳 and i've seen signatures on here that have the length of novels with biiiiig pictures :cautious: no matter where they draw the line some people will still want more in their signature o_O my complaint wasn't about your signature particularly and rather about signatures in general and the whining about the changes :oops: keep your signatures as short and simple as possible folks as it's called signature for a reason

Sorry for the likelytohavebeenaskedamilliontimes question, but can someone tell me where I go to edit my Forum posts signature?

Thanks

Back