Roleplays between Nadie87 and AlwaysFaithful

Ean was about to protest, but stopped when she saw the look in Kat's eyes and heard the tone on her voice. Ok, this woman was no push over. In any other situation, Evan would be intruded by it. At the moment, she was just annoyed. With a heavy sigh she nodded then headed back out to wait for Kat. AJ started signing the second Evan left.

"I don't know what happened. I don't remember anything. I was out having a drink after work. I remember walking, then, nothing. Until I came too. I was on top of the man, so much blood. I felt someone tackle me. A cop. I swear I don't remember anything" AJ was making little noises as she signed that nearly sounded like whimpers.

A brown paper back descended from above Cass, followed by a voice from behind her.

"Sustenance for the hard at work deputy?" Sasha Kindle stood behind Cass, the paper bag in her outstretched hand with an infectious smile that reached her chocolate brown eyes. She still had on her EMT uniform, which meant she was still working, or had just gotten off shift. Sasha frequented the station to visit no one in particular. That slowly changed since Cass was transferred. She found herself showing up to see her more than anyone else. They had formed a quick friendship after constantly bumping into one another on calls. Sasha placed the homemade turkey melt and fries on Cass's desk then hopped up in it before crossing her short legs at the ankles.

"So, what's new around these parts?" she asked as she leaned back on the palms of her hands.

Kay listened, looking for signs of lying. She couldn't find anything and it made her frown. It meant this case just got so much harder. She looked through her notes looking to see of a tox screen to see what it said. "Okay. Okay. Take a deep breathe. Who is the victim to you? Were you lovers?"

Cass looked up, grinning as she saw Sasha. The pair had really clicked since they'd met. She took the Sandwich. She hadn't eaten since dinner last night. "Thanks" she said a quick squeeze to Sasha's knee. She ate a fry and shrugged "Hot attorney just showed up from Dallas. She's in with the killer."

AJ shook her head.

"No, I didn't know either of them. I mean personally. I know who they are." a sob escaped her "Everyone wants me dead. What's the point of defending me. Just let them give me the chair."

Sasha sat cross legged atop Cass's desk as she leaned on closer.

"Hot lawyer, you say? How hot are we talking? Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman hot, or Cate Winslet in Titanic hot?" Sasha then sprawled out on Cass's desk, her small frame making it easy to without knocking anything off. She mimicked the famous pose from the aforementioned film.

"Paint me like one of your french girls, Cass" she said in a voice that sounded more constipated than sexy.

Kat shook her head "If you were drugged then I'll fight it to my last breath. You don't deserve to die if you didn't intend to kill them." Kat said firmly.

Cass laughed. "Kinda a mix I guess but definitely more Gal." She said as she ate. She just about choked on her food at Sasha's voice and her pose. "Sadly I don't know any French girls." She said before sipping her soda.

AJ just sniffed then nodded at Kat before signing "Thank you"

Evan was just outside waiting for Kat to finish up. She wasted no time once the woman left the room.

"Did she give you the same 'I was drugged. I don't remember anything' story to you as well?"

Sasha just huffed "Boo..." she sat back up right and snatched a fry before plucking the nearby deputy hat and putting it on. She did that alot when she hung out here. She liked wearing them. None of the officers seemed to mind when Sasha would randomly wear one.

"Hey I'm off call tonight. Wanna grab a drink after work?" she asked after tipping the brim of the hat up so she could see.

Kat didn't answer Evan, instead she said, "Did you even bother to run a tox screen or did you decide to not do your job because you decided to be the judge and jury for her?" Kat asked narrowing her eyes. She didn't like when cops didn't do their jobs properly because they had already condemned the suspect.

Cass just smirked, watched Sasha wear Cass's hat. She really enjoyed spending time with this woman. "Yeah a drink sounds good, but I'm not off till late. Want to drink at my place?" She asked, around here, the bars were not open 24 hours, and Cass didn't get off until nearly midnight, and the bars closed around the time around here.

Evan's pale green eyes flashed in anger at Kat's accusation. She stepped up to the woman.

"I don't take kindly to being accused of not doing my job, counselor." she said, her accent getting thicker the more agitated she got. Evan wasn't much taller than her, but the small height difference help her attempt at intimidation.

"We did a tox screen. It came back negative. She had nothing in her system that night." Even stood her ground, arms folded as she waited to see what Kat had to say about that.

Sasha gave Cass an apologetic look "Sorry, that's a bit late for me." That was the normal answer for when anyone asked Sasha out anytime passed 10pm. Even on her nights off she would head out at around 9:30. At that moment, her pager went off. She removed the hat and placed it gently on top of Cass's head.

"Rain check?" After giving Cass a friendly kiss on the cheek Sasha headed out. She was thankful for the interruption. She wasn't sure she was ready to tell Cass the reason she never went out after 10. Her relationships always changed after her friends found out. With Cass, she wanted to keep it as is for just a bit longer.

Kat nodded, "Well, something was in her system. I defend potential criminals for a living, I probably see as many or more of them than you have. I've gotten really good at reading people. I've gotten very good at knowing what they are lying. I don't think this woman is lying." She said firmly. She wasn't flustered or put off by Evan all but snarling at her. "You may not believe her, but it's your duty to at least run with it and rule it out as an option." She said.

Cass sighed, "Alright," She said, watching Sasha go. The two rarely hung out after work. Cass always worked late shifts and it seemed Sasha always worked during the day, and their days off rarely lined up. Cass had a quiet crush on this woman, and it was growing, but clearly there wasn't much to do about it. She finished her lunch as she was reading over the files.

Evan had to admit, she somewhat admired Kat for not backing down to her. She cut a very intimidating figure. Standing nearly six foot in her boots, lean and muscular body under her uniform and glare that would send the devil scurry off with his tail between his legs. Even the officer standing guard stepped away from the two women as they had their stare down.

"And I'm not some back woods hick. I believe in science and the tox screen says she was fully lucid when she hacked up two innocent people and put their daughter in a coma. You better have a good defense ready, counselor. Ya'll gonna need it." with that, she spun on her heel and walked away from Kat.

Sasha headed to her call, which was a small traffic accident. Their were no serious injuries so she was done in under an hour. She thought about going back to the station. But she didn't want to risk Cass asking her any follow up questions from their conversation before. So she hung out with her partner, Charlie(yeah, that Charlie xD) they took a few more uneventful calls before their shift ended. Sasha bid Charlie goodbye before hopping in her car and heading home. She made her way up the stairs, stopping at an apartment a few doors down from her. She knocked and within a few minutes a middle aged woman opened the door. She was carrying an infant girl who cooed and reached out to Sasha when she saw her.

"There's my girl~." she said then took the wiggling child from the woman. She thanked her and waved goodbye before heading to her own door and getting the door open one handed and closing just as easily. Sasha got the child into her high chair and went to grab a quick dinner. After feeding her daughter she ate her own food while she watched her daughter play with her toys in her playpen. She began to think about Cass and how she will react to when she finds out. It's not that she was ashamed of it. She loved her daughter Maddie with all her heart. She just didn't like how she gets treated differently once they find out.

"You'll meet her soon." she said to the infant who payed her no mind while she chewed on her teething ring. After cleaning up Sasha gave Maddie a bath in the sink before getting her in a clean onesie and getting her into her crib, humming softly to her and watching her slowly drift to sleep.

"Night little cub." After planting a soft kiss on her daughter's head she started to the door, stopping at the framed picture near the crib of Sasha with her arms around a taller dark haired woman. "Night Ally, watch over our girl. Make sure she has sweet dreams." she lightly brushed the photo with her fingers before heading to bed herself.

((another long one xD I'm on a roll tonight sorry lol))

Last edited:
Kat shook her head, "No. It says that the tox screen didn't go deep enough, it does not mean she was lucid." She said firmly, then just watched as Evan walked away. Now this case felt personal for her. She had requested a small room at the station to use as her office, she went in and sat down to start going over her notes and studying. Usually he accepted that many of her clients could in fact be guilty, but she whole heartedly believed that AJ was innocent, now she just had to prove it.

Cass finished up her shift and went home, it was late, but her cute little fluffly Pomeranian was waiting for her, shivering in happiness. "Hello Clea." She let the dog out the back door before going upstairs to shower and change into comfy clothes before she went downstairs to let the dog in, feed her, and find herself some food before making her way up to bed, her thoughts drifting back to Sasha as she moved about her house.

**skipping a few weeks ahead**

"Sasha, you look like shit. You are on no condition to work" Charlie stood at the rig at the hospital as they waited for a call, arms folded as Sasha sat in the back. She shook her head.

"I'll be fine." Sasha tried to sit up, but then just slumped back down on the rear bumper of the rig. She felt how she looked. God, this was not the time to be sick. "Listen, I'll be ok."

((we can have Cass convince her to go home and follow her to the apartment.))

Last edited:
Cass had come by the hospital to talk with the doc that ran the tox screen, the damn lawyer wasn't giving up on this. She glanced over, frowning when she saw Sasha. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked as she walked over, the woman looked dead on her feet. "Go home, Sash." She said, standing near the back of the ambulance. "Come on, I'll even drive you home." Today was a rare day that Cass was off in just an hour, and Evan would understand if she finished her shift a little early to take care of a friend.

Sasha looked up when she heard Cass's voice and just sighed. No point in arguing. She did not have the energy. She let out a tired sigh.

"Fine...." Sasha slowly stood then apologized to Charlie before following Cass out. She gave Cass her key to let her in and just let her get in bed.

"mmmmm~" was all she said before curling under the covers. In the apartment there were verious items that made it obvious that an infant lived there. There was a high chair in the kitchen, a playpen next to the couch and a crib in the second bedroom. However Sasha was too tired to give any details and was soon asleep.

Last edited:
Once at her house, Cass helped her inside and to bed, she took the time to tug the outer layers of the woman's uniform off, so she'd be more comfortable. Once she was tucked in, Cass left the room. She took note of all the items tht belonged to an infant, it made her curious. She took the time to do the dishes and just to some typical cleaning while she cooked some chicken noodle soup old school on the stove. Hopefully it would help Sasha when she woke up.

Some time later there was a knock at the door. Once it was answered a woman holding an infant was standing there.

"Oh, hey. I saw you come home with Sasha." she said in a rush as she handed the infant girl over to Cass.

"I'm sorry to do this, but something came up and I have to go out of town." after handing the girl off she apologized once more before rushing off. The infant made a few incoherent noises as she squirmed in Cass's arms.

Cass answered the door quickly so as to not let the knocking wake Sasha. "Oh, oh, um." She said as she took the baby. "Ah. Okay." She watched the woman left. She glanced at the baby. "Okay, well honey, Iguess it's use and me." She said, settling the baby on her hip she moved into the kitchen. "Let's see if you're hungry." She said with smile. Cass had tended to three younger siblings, she knew how to do the baby thing. She fed the baby, turned off the soup and left it on the stove, and changed the infant. Even did a quick bath, a change of clothes and some play time. It was probably 9pm when both the baby and Cass were passed out, on the floor so the baby wouldn't fall and hurt herself, there were couch pillows on either side of Cass for safety and the baby was stretched out across CAss's chest, Cass's arms were around the baby, a blanket spread out over them. Cass had worked the early morning and she hadn't gotten much sleep so she was happy to sleep early, and it seemed the infant was just as happy to sleep.

Sasha finally stirred and woke up around 9. She turned and glanced at the clock, then gasped as she bolted up and got out of bed. She nearly stumbled over the covers as she rushed to the door, then skidded to a halt when she saw Maddie asleep on top of Cass. It finally came back to her that Cass was the one to bring her home. Jenn must have dropped Maddie off earlier. Sasha couldn't help but smile at the sight of her daughter sleeping soundly on Cass's chest. A flash of how Ally would have looked in the same position crossed Sasha mind and she felt a twinge of sadness before pushing it back and sitting down on the floor next to the two. She softly caressed her sleeping daughter's head as she continued to watch the two.

Cass's instincts were far too sensitive, only minutes after Sasha sat down, Cass's arms flexed protectively around the child in her arms, she became utterly still as she woke. Her bright blue eyes, opened. "Oh, um hey." She said as she looked over at Sasha. "Sorry for the mess," She said, indicating the toys surrounding them, from playtime. "Babysitter dropped her off a few hours ago. We had dinner, and a bath, clean clothes, we played some, then we both crashed." She said as she cradled the infant and sat up. It had been a long time since she'd held a baby, and god had she missed it. Her childhood had been intense and in some cases awful, but she wouldn't trade it for anything. "Soup is on the stove, might need to heat it up again. But it would be good, especially if yo uaren't feeling good."

Sasha just chuckled at Cass's reaction as she woke and just shook her head at the apology.

"It's alright. I have made bigger messes. And thanks. I"ll grab a bowl in a bit. I think I can stomach some soup." she watched as Maddie stirred in Cass's arms then reached out and grabbed the woman's face.

"I see you guys finally met. This is Maddie. The center of my universe." She softly caressed the child's head once more. The infant was the spitting image of Sasha. From the full head of red hair, to her dark brown eyes.

"Say hello Cassandra, Maddie" she cooed as the child made a noise that could be interpreted as a greeting.

Cass smiled "I figured she was yours." She teased playfully. "She's a beautiful baby," She complimented. She wasn't sure why Sasha had never mentioned Maddie before, but she didn't ask, figured it was her own business. "Babysitter said something about having to go out of town, so you might not have her for a little while. She said as she stroked a hand down Maddie's back. "I've got the next two days off. If you need any help, I'm well versed in babies. raised three siblings on my own." She said with a smile.

Sasha nodded then stood to go grab a bowl of soup for herself.

"Sure, that would help out. I might need a few days to recover from this. Having someone to watch Maddie would be a load off my mind." Sasha returned with a blanket and a bowl of soup.

"Hey, how about we put Maddie to bed then chill on the couch and watch a movie. It's kinda late so why don't you crash here." Sasha placed her soup on the coffee table then led Cass to Maddie's room. The infant squirmed a bit as she was placed in her bed. The crib shook a bit and caused some items on the end table next to it to fall to the ground. One such item was the framed picture of Sasha and Ally. Sasha hadn't noticed it fell as she helped settle Maddie down for bed.

Cass nodded, "Yeah sure, sounds good." She smiled. The dog had a doggie door to go outside so she would be fine, and Cass left food down all the time, just for instances like this where she didn't make it home. She carried the baby and passed her to Sasha to put in the crib. Cass saw the picture fall and she picked it, looking at it. "Your wife?" She asked as she set the picture back where it belonged, watching as Sasha put Maddie down for the night.

Sasha paused for a moment when Cass asked her questions then resumed settling Maddie into bed.

"Yes and no. We were planning on getting married...." Sasha started out the door. "...but she died before we got a chance to. We knew we wanted kids so we started that as we planned our wedding along side." Sasha gripped Cass's hand as she led her back out and to the couch. "It's really not something I like to talk about very often."

Cass nodded. "Sorry to bring it up." She said sympathetic. She walked with her back out to the living room. "I'm gonna heat up the soup. I haven't eaten yet either." She said, squeezing Sasha's hand. She understood painful pasts and she didn't blame her for not wanting to talk about it. She heated up the soup on the stove as she rummaged for bowls and spoons. "Do you want tea? Do you have tea?" She asked as she glanced over.

Sasha was thankful for Cass not following up on Ally.

"Yeah, tea in above the coffeemaker" she called out as she headed to her room to change into more comfortable clothes. She reemerged in a pair of shorts and light blue tank top with an image of the nyan cat. She grabbed the remote and flipped the tv on to find a movie for them to watch.

"Thanks again for everything today" she said as she draped the blanket around her legs.

Back