Real life things you suck at

werthers-original-300-gram.jpg
The only sweets my parents allowed me when I was a kid!

I think the problem was that the general public impression of Kate isn't one of unhappiness, or of being forced into her life. That makes it difficult to connect the premise of your story to her situation.
You’re no fun, you know 😜

I'm not very good at raking leaves, mowing the lawn, fertilizing, or watering, but those are strategic failures, so Jo will do them. Actually, I do them well enough; I don't like to. But when it comes to my folks' lawn work, I do it and never ask Jo to bail me out. They're my folks, not hers.

My wife says I can't whistle in tune to save my life, but I think I do fine. She also says I can sing in tune, but I think I sound like horrible caterwauling.

Come to think of it, maybe it's her...

I suck at picking up girls who don't want to be picked up. I can't ride a bike either, never got past training wheels. And do not ask me to walk on stilts.

Navigation. I have NO innate sense of direction. I can pore over a map for 10 minutes and STILL head off in the wrong direction. But once I know a place (which takes a while), I know it well.
It goes without saying that GPS has been a game-changer. But I do worry it takes all possibility of serendipity out of going for a drive or a walk in a new place.

I’ll go first. Ice skating!

I was bad as a kid. But now I’ve got this cool balance and core strength from rock climbing. It will be better, right?

Not according to my sore ass and elbow it won’t 🤕

Doesn’t help your partner having paroxysms about your incompetence either 😡

That and the five year olds speeding past me. One literally did two loops round me sitting on the ice.
Yeh me too
Emily

Back