Real life things you suck at

Nothing technical works for me, so I just hand anything that is over to my wife. For instance, I have only used an ATM machine once--in New Zealand and my wife was standing there, giving me directions. Similarly, I've only used the drive-by service at a fast-food restaurant once. I only have a vague idea where a branch of my bank could be found--and no idea at all what to do there when I found it.

Punctuality

Actually, I’m terrible at estimating any unit of measurement. I have no inner concept of time, but my depth perception is all off too and I can’t reliably estimate any spatial dimensions either

Being more friendly.
I am working on it though.
I can't remember the last time, I cut a promo on somebody here. LOL.

I suck at bowling and golf as well.

I'll second baseball skills. Catching, hitting, whatever. My athletic skills, such as they are, lie with endurance and aerobic ability, not eye-hand coordination.

I'm good at math in the abstract, but it doesn't translate to practical bookkeeping or accounting skills, at which I am truly terrible.

In general, I'm not a good multi-tasker. I like to focus on one thing at a time.

What can't I do... Anything quickly.

Some things I can... but many many things I first have to think about. A lot. Every angle. All possibilities. Then wait a bit longer. Then after I've been yelled at a few times, finally glue that broken toy, or put up those window blinds, or or or...

I just worry about doing it wrong and not being able to click Undo like on the computer.

I suck at sports. I’m also not very good at posting in threads Ive been on Lit for quite awhile but I haven’t used the threads so I’m not very good at it

Bowling. Like so bad you can put those foam things in the gutters like they do for kids, and I'm still awful.

I'm with you on that, I flat out suck at bowling. I haven't gone bowling in more than 20 years now, and bowling alleys once common in the 80s and 90s are few and far between in Australia today.

Another thing I suck at is tying knots like reef knots or sheet knots, I could never master this skill at all no matter how hard I tried.

Driving. To the point that I just don't do it. Fortunately I live in a capital city with masses of rapid transit. I can, on the other hand, ride a horse and fight with a sword. My wife tells me that I've been born out of time.

Basketball
Basketball? Me? *shudder* Boring game. Dribbles along until the last two minutes when the teams try to make happen what they could have done much sooner. My dad was All-American basketball coming out of high school and, when in the Army stationed in Germany, coached the Big Blues, soldiers who would be fed into the Harlem Globetrotters when they got out of the Army, a team traveling around Europe to play "whoever." I got dragged around to watch them. No, my game is tennis.

Video games.

I'm not one of those middle aged guys that live on them like a lot of people do these days.

Last one I played was Halo2 and only because my daughter liked it so I'd play with her. I was okay at that one, but other than playing the original Resident Evil and the First Silent hill, I have no interest. My grandkids get all excited and laugh when they see how bad I am at that Fortnight thing and anything else they like to play.

Anything that takes lots of practice - if I can't do it I get bored with it very quickly

I have always had very poor sense of direction. I get lost in buildings as well as streets, even if I have been there before. SatNav has changed my life for the better.

It was at the time. Evidently, I walked into the house, not crying at all, walked up to my mom and just said, "Mommy, Peanut bit me." with my right eye hanging down my cheek. Urban legend says my mom did not react well.
You fared better than me.

A glass bottle across my head at the age of five required 117 stitches, 50 of which went into repairing my left eye enough to get it back into the socket. Never regained the vision in it though.

(I've avoided bar fights since then... and kid brothers)

You fared better than me.

A glass bottle across my head at the age of five required 117 stitches, 50 of which went into repairing my left eye enough to get it back into the socket. Never regained the vision in it though.

(I've avoided bar fights since then... and kid brothers)
Welcome to the club, I'm legally blind in that eye from being hit by a bottle as well. But swung by my drunk father when I was four. Like you, they repaired it cosmetically, but it doesn't work.

And people wonder why I don't take the abuse and threats from Lit trolls seriously. Perspective.

Welcome to the club, I'm legally blind in that eye from being hit by a bottle as well. But swung by my drunk father when I was four. Like you, they repaired it cosmetically, but it doesn't work.

And people wonder why I don't take the abuse and threats from Lit trolls seriously. Perspective.
Yeah, I was insanely lucky. Lesson learned, don’t get too close to your uncles chained up pit bull. If he was safe to pet, he wouldn’t be charged ned up.

Sports and anything requiring coordination.
But more inconvenient is my inability to recognise faces.

Years ago I had a terrifying moment the morning after a one-night stand, entering the lounge of a shared house, four guys sitting around, and I honestly could not tell which one I might have had the night before. Blagged it for ten minutes until chap 5 wandered in from the shower and made it very clear he was happy to see me again.

I used to really struggle to tell the husband and his sister apart, back when they were young and thin and had similar clothes and hair colour. Which she realised very quickly and thought it would be hilarious to try to seduce me every time she saw me, for the next 10 years (by then I could recognise the breasts and hips). Free plot bunny for anyone who wants it...

Yeah, I was insanely lucky. Lesson learned, don’t get too close to your uncles chained up pit bull. If he was safe to pet, he wouldn’t be charged ned up.
I have a very low opinion of people who own that breed and have them act like that, because it's how they're raised/trained. I'm far more likely to hurt the owner, not the dog.

Sports and anything requiring coordination.
But more inconvenient is my inability to recognise faces.

Years ago I had a terrifying moment the morning after a one-night stand, entering the lounge of a shared house, four guys sitting around, and I honestly could not tell which one I might have had the night before. Blagged it for ten minutes until chap 5 wandered in from the shower and made it very clear he was happy to see me again.

I used to really struggle to tell the husband and his sister apart, back when they were young and thin and had similar clothes and hair colour. Which she realised very quickly and thought it would be hilarious to try to seduce me every time she saw me, for the next 10 years (by then I could recognise the breasts and hips). Free plot bunny for anyone who wants it...
I'm not great with faces(unless there was some kind of issue with that person), but never forget names. My wife is the opposite.

When we had the comic store, we had regular customers, but a lot of here and there casual sorts. When we'd do trade shows people would come up to our table and while they're looking through things, we're having these whispered conversations.

Wife...we know him.
Me...who is it
Her...shit, um, he's the guy that's always looking for the old 90's X-men figures.
Me-"Hey, Craig, how's it going?"

teamwork.

Back