Poll: R.F.K. Jr's candidacy hurts Trump worse than Biden 🙂

The running schtick over the years is an Indy always hurts the democrats because Republicans always vote republican and the left is more likely to deviate.

But I think it depends who the Indy is. The Dems conned Sanders into running as a Dem in 2016 because he would have taken a big chunk of the younger vote from them.

One of the reasons the GOP was afraid to push Trump out was he threatened to form his own party and would have cut the GOP vote in half.

As for Kennedy, I still see him pulling more from the left, and as you can see, I have linked as much of a source for that opinion as the OP.

Being centrist, I may vote for RFK, but...most likely will just vote for jo Jorgensen...again.

Robert Kennedy isn't like any other independent who has ever run. His name changes everything about his run.

RFK Jr has the support of people who want polio and smallpox to come back. The good old days.
But, as I already noted, I think most of his supporters--a larger number than he deserves--are riding on the name and that there would be those coming to the polls almost totally ignorant, who will pull on the Kennedy name with little notion what any of them stand for.

But, as I already noted, I think most of his supporters--a larger number than he deserves--are riding on the name and that there would be those coming to the polls almost totally ignorant, who will pull on the Kennedy name with little notion what any of them stand for.

Meh. By November everyone in America will be fully aware that RFK Jr is nuttier than squirrel poop.

Fourteen years after Michael Skakel was convicted of murdering 15-year-old friend Martha Moxley, his cousin Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has written an explosive new book, Framed, that claims they got the wrong man.

In the new book, Kennedy writes that Skakel, whose conviction was set aside in 2013 and now faces the possibility of a new trial, was “framed” for a murder he never could have committed.

Kennedy, 62, also names the two men – Adolph Hasbrouck and Burr Tinsley – he believes are guilty of the murder. (Neither man was ever charged with the murder and neither could be reached for comment for this story.)
https://people.com/crime/robert-f-kennedy-jr-says-his-cousin-michael-skakel-is-not-a-killer/

Decide for yourself:
https://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/skakel-michael-timeline.htm

An interesting family.

After Prohibition, Kennedy and Costello were both in the legitimate whiskey import liquor business, until Costello was forced out. In fact, both imported scotch whiskey. Kennedy founded Somerset Limited the month before Prohibition was repealed in December 1933, but his business papers, now at the Kennedy Library in Boston, are sparse for that fall. Kennedy never denied that he had government permits to import medicinal liquor then, and this liquor, if sold right after repeal, would have been highly profitable to him. His new company could not yet have had a shipping or distribution system in place, and it would have made good business sense to arrange to ship with the Costello-Reinfeld syndicate, either from Europe or St. Pierre's or Rum Row. Such a shipment would have been entirely legal.

Earlier that fall, in 1933, the number of applications for medicinal import permits had spun out of control. FDR personally intervened to stop the process, while allowing existing permits to be honored. He believed that Americans did not want the underworld to profit using these permits to bring in medicinal liquor and resell them after repeal. So the underworld would have been eager to help Kennedy, because he had legitimate medicinal permits. They might even have bought the liquor from him once it landed and used their existing distribution system to sell it.
https://www.gothamcenter.org/blog/joseph-kennedy-and-the-new-york-underworld-during-prohibition

Michael Skakel did get shafted - his lawyer did a terrible job. I don't know if he's guilty or not, but he was and is entitled to a new trial anyway.

Missed numerous opportunities to shoot gaping holes in the prosecution's case and establish reasonable doubt.
Their problem was a lack of other suspects in a known enclave. And then Tommy passed his polygraph... I would have attacked there.

Back