Political cartoons

$

Wow, what a long run of consecutive Crazy Bill postings I won't be opening. :rolleyes:

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...est-lines-from-the-alfalfa-club-dinner-382142

ALFALFA CLUB PRESIDENT JOHN KERRY gave his farewell address last night at the Capitol Hilton: “This is the only speech in Washington that hasn’t been canceled by Nancy Pelosi. I got to tell you, you all look incredibly dapper tonight in your ball gowns, your tuxedos, your bow ties, and your cummerbunds -- or as we call it at our house, workout gear. Or as we call it at our other house, pajamas. Or as we call it at our other house, swimming costumes. But tonight it looks like I’ve done something Donald Trump can only dream of: finishing my term. ...

“I’ve learned so much over the past year as your President: I learned that I’m at an awkward age, too old to run a marathon, too young to be in the House Democratic leadership. And I learned that at an average Alfalfa dinner, this crowd goes through 70 cases of beer, 300 bottles of wine and over 2,600 mixed drinks. Or as Brett Kavanaugh calls that -- a quiet weekend. ...

“Roger Stone isn’t here. He’s always been controversial. I remember when he got caught advertising for sex in bondage and swingers magazines. So, [Friday] morning probably wasn’t the first time he started his day in handcuffs.

“I think we’ve all noticed, there’s been a lot of turnover in this administration. Secretary Zinke was fired. Reince Priebus was fired. Rex Tillerson, General McMaster, Jeff Sessions -- all fired. One thing you can say about the Trump people — they’re not quitters. Wilbur Ross is here. I want to thank him for taking care of dessert. He went to the kitchen and said, ‘Let them eat cake.’”

-- ON HIS ALFALFA SUCCESSOR MITT ROMNEY: “Just think, Mitt and I are two of the only people who understand the temptation to run for office in every state where you own a home. ... Mitt and I do have a lot in common. Mitt has run for the presidency, I’ve run for the presidency.

“Mitt has represented the great state of Massachusetts, I’ve represented the great state of Massachusetts. Mitt’s running mate Paul Ryan went on to become Speaker of the House, my running mate John Edwards got booted out of his house.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/politics/john-kerry-alfalfa-club/index.html

"Donald Trump could be the first President to go to the inaugural of his successor in a limo with license plates made by his campaign manager."

Back