Penis and Vulva

I don't think I have ever used the word vulva in my writing. Nothing wrong with the word; just some words work for me, and some don't. Vulva falls in the "don't" category. I rarely use penis or dick. I've never used "portal" for pussy, either. It seems too sci-fi for me. I guess you could say, "his spaceship entered her portal at warp speed." :ROFLMAO:

Do I need to give you boys an anatomy class?

Em
A lot of them need it. There's a new documentary called "Periodical" which investigates societal attitudes toward menstruation. In it, activists were calling for the repeal of sales taxes on tampons, sanitary napkins, and such. Some of the legislators (male, of course) were profoundly ignorant of what menstruation actually was. (A sort of "Can't you just hold it in until you get to the bathroom?" perception.)

And a health educator protested the usual practice of sex education where, once menstruation was discussed in some classrooms, boys were asked to leave the room. No, she said... boys need to learn about these things, just as girls need to learn about male physiology like unwanted erections. Shame starts from ignorance, and teaching these things shows the kids that there's nothing to be ashamed of.

A lot of them need it. There's a new documentary called "Periodical" which investigates societal attitudes toward menstruation. In it, activists were calling for the repeal of sales taxes on tampons, sanitary napkins, and such. Some of the legislators (male, of course) were profoundly ignorant of what menstruation actually was. (A sort of "Can't you just hold it in until you get to the bathroom?" perception.)

And a health educator protested the usual practice of sex education where, once menstruation was discussed in some classrooms, boys were asked to leave the room. No, she said... boys need to learn about these things, just as girls need to learn about male physiology like unwanted erections. Shame starts from ignorance, and teaching these things shows the kids that there's nothing to be ashamed of.

My impression was that they sent the boys out so it would be less akward for us to ask questions.
That said, what exactly do boys need to know about all that? The boys got a high level overview and then got tossed out of the class. Seemed to work pretty well.

I have come to learn that, no matter how twisted and extreme some of my stuff is, there is content here that will make it look like the plainest of vanilla.

Em
Yeah. I thought I'd scraped the bottom of the barrel with pet training. Nope. :)

I have come to learn that, no matter how twisted and extreme some of my stuff is, there is content here that will make it look like the plainest of vanilla.
I'm starting to think I'm not even vanilla. My demons, trolls, creepy voyeurs, ghosts - deep down they're probably all just middle-aged blokes like me.

And turtlesā€¦
Poor turtles! Someone will have to go in and rescue them.

That said, I can't imagine what kind of nasty turtles would like in that kind of environment. Something with lots of teeth. And patience, probably.

My impression was that they sent the boys out so it would be less akward for us to ask questions.
There is that. The boys have to be able to control their snickers.
That said, what exactly do boys need to know about all that? The boys got a high level overview and then got tossed out of the class. Seemed to work pretty well.
Evidently, the boys don't get even that. At least, that's what the activists reported after they'd talked to the male legislators. And I myself didn't have the foggiest notion until I started living with women and getting to know them on an extended basis.

Evidently, the boys don't get even that. At least, that's what the activists reported after they'd talked to the male legislators. And I myself didn't have the foggiest notion until I started living with women and getting to know them on an extended basis.
Multipurpose room, split down the middle.

Girls moved to one side, boys the other. Room divider locked in place.

Girls had long discussions of practical knowledge. As best as I could overhear. But the tenor of the conversations were open, inclusive, question and answer sessions.

Boys side got graphic scare pictures of every STD known the man, sperm meets egg and that's about it "pregnancy talk" and, since they don't screen male gym coaches for comfort level with sexual discussions, he soaked up the last 2 of 5 days (40%!!!) of this critical week with a homophobic fire island documentary?/scare video?

How the f*ck did the school even source that?

Oh to grow up in the sex 'fraidy South.

There is that. The boys have to be able to control their snickers.

Well, sorry if I'm not entirely confident taking the "activists" word for it.
I grew up in the "sex fraidy south" and boys got a basic biological overview of the process.
What do they really NEED to know though? It's just sort of accepted as fact that boys "need" to know more, but why?

"Vulva" and "penis,"
These words come between us
They cause us to titter and blush.

But why should it cause fits
To talk about sex bits?
How can words turn our brains into mush?

I don't know the answer
But I want to unpants her
Words or no, of her bits I've a crush.

So come hell or high water,
By God, now I've got her
And the sight of her vulva's a rush.

Well, sorry if I'm not entirely confident taking the "activists" word for it.

Check out the documentary: https://www.msnbc.com/Periodical

and an interesting trailer for the documentary:
I grew up in the "sex fraidy south" and boys got a basic biological overview of the process.
What do they really NEED to know though? It's just sort of accepted as fact that boys "need" to know more, but why?
They need to know that it's normal, that it's a part of the world that every female human deals with at some point of their lives, that allowances have to be made to accommodate that fact.

Of course, in high school and junior high, we didn't have "sex education" per se at all. (This was in the sixties.) I remember that we had something about venereal diseases at some point in our biology class, but that was about it.

Check out the documentary: https://www.msnbc.com/Periodical

and an interesting trailer for the documentary:

They need to know that it's normal, that it's a part of the world that every female human deals with at some point of their lives, that allowances have to be made to accommodate that fact.

Of course, in high school and junior high, we didn't have "sex education" per se at all. (This was in the sixties.) I remember that we had something about venereal diseases at some point in our biology class, but that was about it.

I think the number of men and boys who don't know menstruation is a normal part of biology is vanishingly small.

I think the number of men and boys who don't know menstruation is a normal part of biology is vanishingly small.
Agreed. So there's hope that when they start running for office, they'll be more realistic about what women need.

It's the "allowances" part that they still don't understand. It was interesting to see how men reacted to a "menstrual cramp simulation" in the trailer. That's a part that they'll never get since they don't have a uterus.

It was interesting to see how men reacted to a "menstrual cramp simulation" in the trailer. That's a part that they'll never get since they don't have a uterus.
Getting kicked in the balls creates a wrenching pain that's felt all the way up inside the gut. I wonder if the two are comparable in severity, or at least quality. Maybe have to ask a guy who's dealt with that simulator.

Back