ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be cool if my favorite character was in the new one. Also, if I remember correctly, in the background of the first one, they showed a geeky short white kid teleporting around the mansion. I hope that the go with the real Nightcrawler, aka, skin and tail ect..

Chewey

phon-no!its my nephew!he's cool and all,but on holadays....oi he can be a handful!

PmTick said:

I thought it was just a rumor until I saw the Tough Enough reunion a few days ago. One of the rejects are trying out for the role.

Si, what I gleamed from it was that Gambit probalby won't be in the 2nd but will likly play a major role in the third...

But there will be scenes involving many mutants I wouldn't be surprised that in the scene where the mansion is attacked if mutants like Jubilee, Collosus, Banshee and maybe even guys like Chamber make appearances in the battle....

I've heard they are trying to get Forge into the movie as well...

P.S-I don't think all of the comic movies will be sucessful but most of them have Star Trek and Star Wars type fan bases...so most of them are almost can't miss....

I think Catwoman, Black Panther and Doctor Stange will flop....Ghostrider may only appeal to men and die hard comic book fans....Avengers could flop as well....but Hulk and Daredevil have huge buzzes right now and are sure to be smashes...Iron Man likely will be hit to.....Punisher if handled correctly could also be as sucessful as Blade...

chewbacca71 said:
That would be cool if my favorite character was in the new one. Also, if I remember correctly, in the background of the first one, they showed a geeky short white kid teleporting around the mansion. I hope that the go with the real Nightcrawler, aka, skin and tail ect..

Chewey

In the early script on the site PM said he is blue and uses his tail early in the film....he is said to have "The face of a demon" and the bamf! Sound accompanies him when he ports...

hybirdx said:
phon-no!its my nephew!he's cool and all,but on holadays....oi he can be a handful!

I know how nephews can be, I have 8 of them. lol.

Chewey

I agree with you on most of them. Catwoman I think will be successful because of her tie to Batman. She's also recgonized by a lot of people who haven't read the book.

Doc. Strange is hard to say because he's a classic character, if it's done right it could be a success but I don't think anything rivaling X-men or Spiderman.

Ghost Rider if it is R will be a success on a Blade scale. I can't honestly see the Avengers on the big screen.

Iron Man has been in writing for at least 10 years now. The last time I heard anythig about it, Tom Cruise was interestd in taking the role, this was right after the first Mission Impossible, because he's a fan of Iron Man.

I think Daredevil will do very well but I don't think Hulk will do too good. I may be prejudice because I don't think it will be a good movie, but I see it as being like that awful Godzilla movie from a few summers ago. Huge opening and that's it.

Shaq said:

In the early script on the site PM said he is blue and uses his tail early in the film....he is said to have "The face of a demon" and the bamf! Sound accompanies him when he ports...

Cool , I hope so, I always liked him. It was great back in issue 204 I think , when the whole issue was just about him, and excellent one that is one of my favorites.

Chewey

I also read the Legacy Virus and Sentinel rumors are false. Don't know who the main villian is though.

PmTick said:
I agree with you on most of them. Catwoman I think will be successful because of her tie to Batman. She's also recgonized by a lot of people who haven't read the book.

Doc. Strange is hard to say because he's a classic character, if it's done right it could be a success but I don't think anything rivaling X-men or Spiderman.

Ghost Rider if it is R will be a success on a Blade scale. I can't honestly see the Avengers on the big screen.

Iron Man has been in writing for at least 10 years now. The last time I heard anythig about it, Tom Cruise was interestd in taking the role, this was right after the first Mission Impossible, because he's a fan of Iron Man.

I think Daredevil will do very well but I don't think Hulk will do too good. I may be prejudice because I don't think it will be a good movie, but I see it as being like that awful Godzilla movie from a few summers ago. Huge opening and that's it.

hey watch it I like godzilla!stay away from big green!on the other hand,i couldent stand godzilla 2000!

...brix I'm a godzilla fan and that was the worst incarnation I've ever seen. They tried to turn it into Jurassic Park by having a shit load of little godzillas running around. Plus if he were so big how could he hide in a building or in the sewers, without anyone noticing?

BTW check the x-men ooc.

hybirdx said:

hey watch it I like godzilla!stay away from big green!on the other hand,i couldent stand godzilla 2000!
I'm confused :confused:

I'm far from being a fan, but I thought the only green Godzilla was in the 2000 one (although I think it was 1999). Weren't all the other movies in B&W?

PmTick said:
I also read the Legacy Virus and Sentinel rumors are false. Don't know who the main villian is though.

Apparently the movie will be far more progressive than the first as it is going to mirror the X-books in that it may take a somewhat unconventional approach to villains...

From what I heard the movie is going to be really big on perspective....for instance when you see the X-Men retailiating for an attack when innocents die some may see them as villians others will see the humans treatment of Magneto and think differently....

So far it seems this guy Col. Striker is the main villian but even that is somewhat ambiguous....

P.S-DO NOT count out Col. Striker as being Apocalypse in disguise....at this point anyway...

PmTick said:
...brix I'm a godzilla fan and that was the worst incarnation I've ever seen. They tried to turn it into Jurassic Park by having a shit load of little godzillas running around. Plus if he were so big how could he hide in a building or in the sewers, without anyone noticing?

BTW check the x-men ooc.

I am a big fan of Godzilla too, I LOVE the old ones, got my oldest hooked too. He tells kids at school how cool Godzilla versus Ghihdrah the three headed monster was. lol. The movie with Matthew Broderick did kind of suck, it was a big let down. However, the effects were awesome.

Chewey

Lauren.Hynde said:
I'm confused :confused:

I'm far from being a fan, but I thought the only green Godzilla was in the 2000 one (although I think it was 1999). Weren't all the other movies in B&W?

Actually Lauren, there was also one in 1985 with Orsen Wells if I am not mistaken.

Chewey

HY ~

Yer watching the Americanized Godilla movie if it was the one w/ Mathew Broadwick.

Blech! They ruined Godzilla in that one. Godzilla 2000 is the port over from Japan w/ the real costume. :D

Lauren ~

Only the 1st two Godzilla movies are in B&W.

My fave Godzilla movie ...

Godzilla vs the Three Headed Monster :D

Arc da Rat said:

My fave Godzilla movie ...

Godzilla vs the Three Headed Monster :D

Obviously a discerning woman of taste.....Arc , will you marry me? Oh darn, I am already married.......well, we could all move to Utah... hehehe

Chewey

Well, its time to go give the kids baths. lol. Hope you all have a good Fathers day. Say hi to Blaze for me, I know he has a little one.

Chewey

chewbacca71 said:

Actually Lauren, there was also one in 1985 with Orsen Wells if I am not mistaken.

Chewey
Chewey. Orson Wells did not make a Godzilla movie... He died in 1985 and his last movie had been in '79!

HEH HEH HEH ... :D

If I could only find my Godzilla book I would list the movies in order ... but I dont ... :( Cos I am at work right now on lunch :D I may post a list laters when I get home ... Dial up is too slow for research.

Happy Father's Day to all !!!

Gojira (1954)
...aka Daikaijû no tai Nimon Mairu (1954)
...aka G (1954)
...aka Godzilla (1956/I) (USA)
...aka Godzilla, monstret från havet (1954) (Sweden)

Gojira no gyakushu (1955)
...aka Counterattack of the Monsters (1959) (USA: promotional title)
...aka Fire Monster (1955)
...aka Gigantis (1955)
...aka Gigantis the Fire Monster (1959) (USA)
...aka Godzilla Raids Again (1959) (USA: promotional title)
...aka Godzilla's Counter Attack (1955) (International: English title: literal title)
...aka Gojira Strikes Again (1955)
...aka Gojira's Counterattack (1955)
...aka Return of Godzilla, The (1955)
...aka Volcano Monster, The (1955)
...aka Retour de Godzilla, Le (1955) (France)

Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956)
...aka Kaijû o Gojira (1956) (Japan)

Kingukongu tai Gojira (1962)
...aka King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
...aka King Kong contra Godzilla (1962) (Spain)

San daikaijû: Chikyu saidai no kessen (1964)
...aka Biggest Battle on Earth, The (1964)
...aka Biggest Fight on Earth, The (1964)
...aka Earth's Greatest Battle (1964) (literal English title)
...aka Ghidora, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
...aka Ghidrah (1964)
...aka Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster (1965) (USA)
...aka Gojira Mosura Kingughidorah: chikyu saidai no kessen (1971) (Japan: reissue title)
...aka Greatest Battle on Earth, The (1964)
...aka Greatest Fight on Earth, The (1964)
...aka Monster of Monsters (1964)
...aka Sandai kaiju chikyu saidai no kessen (1964) (Japan)
...aka Three Giant Monsters: The Earth's Greatest Decisive Battle (1964)
...aka Godzilla vs. Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster (1997) (Sweden: video title)

Mosura tai Gojira (1964)
...aka Godzilla Fights the Giant Moth (1964)
...aka Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
...aka Godzilla vs. the Giant Moth (1964)
...aka Godzilla vs. the Thing (1964)
...aka Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
...aka Mothra vs. Gojira (1964) (literal English title)
...aka Mothra möter Godzilla (1964) (Sweden)

Kaijû daisenso (1965)
...aka Battle of the Astros (1965)
...aka Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (1970) (USA: video title)
...aka Great Monster War, The (1965)
...aka Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
...aka Invasion of Planet X (1965)
...aka Invasion of the Astro-Monsters (1965)
...aka Invasion of the Astros (1970) (USA: armed forces circuit title)
...aka Kaijû daisenso Kingughidorah tai Gojira (1965) (Japan: reissue title)
...aka Monster Zero (1970) (USA)
...aka War of the Monsters (1965) (literal English title)

Daikaijû kessan: Gamera tai Barugon (1966)
...aka Gamera vs. Barugon (1966)
...aka Great Monster Duel: Gamera vs. Barugon, The (1966) (Japan: English title)
...aka War of the Monsters (1966)
...aka Godzilla, der Drache aus dem Dschungel (1967) (West Germany)

Gojira-Ebira-Mosura: Nankai no daiketto (1966)
...aka Big Duel in the North (1966) (International: English title)
...aka Big Duel in the North Sea (1966) (International: English title)
...aka Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) (UK)
...aka Ebirah, Terror of the Deep (1966)
...aka Godzilla Versus the Sea Monster (1969) (USA)
...aka Great South Seas Duel, The (1966)
...aka Godzilla - Das Ungeheuer aus dem Meer (1969) (West Germany: TV title)

Kaijûtô no kessen: Gojira no musuko (1967)
...aka Minya Son of Godzilla (1967) (USA)
...aka Monster Island's Decisive Battle: Godzilla's Son (1967)
...aka Son of Godzilla (1967) (USA)
...aka Hijo de Godzilla, El (1967) (Spain)

Gojira-Minira-Gabara: Oru kaijû daishingeki (1969)
...aka All Monsters Attack (1969)
...aka All Monsters On Parade (1969) (literal English title)
...aka All kaijû daishingeki (1969)
...aka Attack All Monsters (1969)
...aka Godzilla's Leverage (1969)
...aka Godzilla's Revenge (1969) (USA)
...aka Godzilla, Minilla, Gabara: All Monster's Attack (1969) (literal English title)
...aka Great Charge of All Monsters (1969)

Bambi Meets Godzilla (1969)

Gorgo Versus Godzilla (1969)

Gamera tai daikaijû Giron (1969)
...aka Attack of the Monsters (1969)
...aka Gamera vs. Guiron (1969)
...aka Gamera vs. the Devil-Beast Giron (1969) (literal English title)
...aka King Kong contro Godzilla (1969) (Italy)

Gojira tai Hedora (1971)
...aka Godzilla vs. Hedora (1971) (International: English title: informal literal title)
...aka Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster (1972) (USA)
...aka Godzilla - Furia di mostri (1971) (Italy)

Chikyu kogeki meirei: Gojira tai Gaigan (1972)
...aka Earth Assault Order: Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
...aka Earth Destruction Directive: Godzilla vs. Gigan, The (1972)
...aka Godzilla on Monster Island (1972)
...aka Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
...aka War of the Monsters (1972)
...aka Godzilla contro i giganti (1972) (Italy)

Gojira tai Megaro (1973)
...aka Godzilla vs. Megalon (1976) (USA)
...aka Godzilla kontra Megalon (1973) (Poland)

Gojira tai Mekagojira (1974)
...aka Godzilla vs. Bionic Monster (1977) (USA)
...aka Godzilla vs. Cosmic Monster (1978) (USA: reissue title)
...aka Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1977) (USA)
...aka Godzilla contro i robot (1974) (Italy)

Mekagojira no gyakushu (1975)
...aka Escape of Mechagodzilla, The (1975)
...aka Escape of Megagodzilla, The (1975)
...aka Mechagodzilla vs. Godzilla (1975)
...aka Monsters from an Unknown Planet (1975)
...aka Monsters from the Unknown Planet (1975)
...aka Revenge of Mechagodzilla (1975)
...aka Terror of Godzilla, The (1977) (USA: US version)
...aka Terror of Mechagodzilla (1983) (USA: video box title)
...aka Godzilla contra Mechagodzilla (1975) (Spain)

Gojira Fuantajî ~SF Kôkyô Fuantajî~ (1984)
...aka Godzilla Fantasia (1984)

Gojira (1984)
...aka Godzilla (1984) (International: English title)
...aka Godzilla 1985 (1984)
...aka Godzilla 1985: The Legend Is Reborn (1985) (USA)
...aka Return of Godzilla, The (1984)
...aka Retour de Godzilla, Le (1984) (France)

Gojira tai Biorante (1989)
...aka Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)
...aka Gojira Vs Biorante (1989) (USA)
...aka Godzilla Contra-Ataca (1989) (Portugal)

Gojira VS Kingugidora (1991)
...aka Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1998) (USA: video title)
...aka Godzilla Contra King Ghidorah (1991) (Portugal)

Gojira VS Mosura (1992)
...aka Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth (1998) (USA: video title)
...aka Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)
...aka Godzilla contra Mothra (1992) (Spain)

Slammie Bros. vs. Godzilla and Gamera, The (1992)

Gojira VS Mekagojira (1993)
...aka Godzill vs. Mechagodzilla II (1999) (USA: video box title)
...aka Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1999) (USA: video title)
...aka Godzilla vs. Super-Mechagodzilla (1993)

Gojira VS Supesugojira (1994)
...aka Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla (1994)

Gojira VS Desutoroia (1995)
...aka Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)
...aka Godzilla vs. Destroia (1995)
...aka Godzilla vs. Destroyer (1995)

Godzilla vs. the Netherlands (1996)

Godzilla (1998)

Godzilla Versus Disco Lando (1998)

Gojira ni-sen mireniamu (1999)
...aka G2K: Godzilla 2000 (1999) (Canada: English title)
...aka G2K: Millenium (1999) (International: English title: short title)
...aka Godzilla 2000 (2000) (USA)
...aka Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999) (Japan: English title)
...aka Godzilla Millenium (1999) (International: English title)
...aka Gojira 2000 (1999)
...aka Godzilla vs. el calamar gigante (1999) (Mexico)

Gojira tai Megagirasu: Jii Shômetsu Sakusen (2000)
...aka GXM (2000) (Japan: abbreviated title)
...aka Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus: The G Annihilation Strategy (2000)
...aka Godzilla X Megaguirus: The G Extermination Command (2000) (literal English title)
...aka Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)

Godzilla 2001 (2001)

Gojira, Mosura, Kingu Gidora: Daikaijû soukougeki (2001)
...aka GMK (2001) (Japan: promotional abbreviation)
...aka Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) (International: English title)
...aka Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Daikaiju Sogougeki (2001)
...aka Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: The Giant Monsters' General Offensive (2001) (literal English title)

(edited to put all 35 titles in chronological order)

Last edited:
The first 3 were B&W, not only 2, Arc.

And thus is shown my incommensurable ignorance in the subject of Godzilla movies...

I'll restrain from making comments like "Weren't all the other movies in B&W?" from now on. Sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back